Just when I thought Bnet couldn’t get any worse....(long)

RottweilExpress

Diabloii.Net Member
You know why I don't give loot? Because it tempts people to put up a dirty tp for you, or lead that nasty monster pack to you, when you're backed up in a corner.

It's just that sad.

Anyway, good deed there, TM.

CoonerTheRed

Diabloii.Net Member
IamTheTest said:
I am on that awkward 90% SC 10% HC transition
help?
two things-
1. keep an eye out here for a team to play on... there tend to be new ones starting up every couple weeks it seems. I think KTA is starting again (not sure if they're looking for new people or not but they're good people) and the Gat Friends games are quality games as well. SCD is another one that just started, but we're a little full as it is (though a spin-off might start up sometime since we seem to have more than 8 at the moment). Or post and start one on your own... many people out there are like you, looking for good people to play with. You'd be surprised with how quickly you find people to play with if you're a good team player and start playing with the same people weekly or so.

2. none of this 90% sc crap... go cold turkey... make the noob core stop!!!!!!!! :clap: :lol:

Was the barb being *** at all? The only time I've ever done something like this would be when I was helping some lower lvls with norm d (20-ish chars)
There's this lvl 3 zon going around with the normal
PP!!!P P P PP P PP PP P P PPPP !!!! TP TP TPTPTP!P!!! TP ANY FREE?!?!
So I go, let us clear or you will die, she says, TP TPPTTPT
So someone gives her a tp and she comes in, gets hit once and chickens out, then comes back with another large volley of TPTPP!!! PPP!!!!
So I go
!wait
Party stands back, I let ventar out and make a nice tp before running, say, okay clear, she comes and dies and says 'omg you *** I had shako/tal/ss on that mule!!', not that I care.

That's a nice thing you did though, I've ended up gearing about 4-10 random strangers full-gear (basic low lvl, strings/aldurs/low gazes/lightsabre/chances and crap, and even more to my friends, and when I mf I will save the low level crap and drop it off in games when I'm done. Sometimes it sucks though because I will need a not common or low level item and then not have it (for example I gave away a couple pairs of marrowwalks and now I need some for my poison nec >.<)

BILLY

Diabloii.Net Member
The same thing happens with pubby duels, I took my 18 conc barb up against a lvl 32 eth snap charger. He said he would return loot if I died so I figured why not give him loot. We duel'd a bit and his charges were taking big chunks of life and I made him flux with chicken after a bit. I should have known that he probably wouldn't return loot because of his chicken use but I decided to duel again he ran out and 1 hit killed me. Of course he ran off with my gear and made the typical Owned comment as soon as he killed me even though he had a huge lvl advantage.

mali

Diabloii.Net Member
From what TM said, I'd say 'no' Fenris. There are just an ever-growing number of jerks in the general populace now. 'Tis why I am currently experimenting with playing in Asia. You wouldn't believe how courteous everyone is. Quite a few people are reasonably generous as well. My barb is now L67, and yesterday whilst playing in NM, a chinese dude playing a necro asked to see my gear, then said: "I don't have much, but here..." (well... words to that effect) & gave me a Cranebeak.
It sort of reminds me when I first came to HC. People helped. People just generally being nice wasn't all that uncommon two years ago or so. Now? Unless I'm bumping into people from here or people from GAT, then I feel like I'm treading water in a sewer. Too many children from SC.
The only things I miss in Asia are 1) my friends. I have some good ones in East (& I guess I will be back, just need to get things in perspective...). & 2) people talking. In Asia, sometimes I don't understand what they're saying :scratch: . But as far as playing pubbies, I'd rather not understand someone (who's probably being quite polite) than endure some of the swill I've played with in the general pubbie scene in East.

The first few weeks of hardcore ladder were really great, I mean we were all fairly poor, not that high of level, not in hell yet, still working out builds and such, everyone was cooperating, then it got into just a bunch of greedy people I guess.
Softcore is even worse as far as pvm goes, no cooperation at all, I rushed a friend and a full game of lvl 20s to 24 in cows, full thing, and only my friend said thanks.

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
terrymanning said:
The axe was Brainhew and it was a blue helmet. This guy didn't have great gear.

TM
In that case, the guys were being complete jackasses. Maybe I'll run across them someday. Only when I do, their friends prolly won't stick around to loot them. That's just plain mean what they did.

Just more evidence that some people have no honor.

Dire_Wulf

Diabloii.Net Member
what I hate about people in HC (a lot of them anyway) is that they want all your BEST stuff for the average crap that is fairly common. Someone offered me a baba and crown of thieves for my perfect eth bsnap.

zxgaimz_i

Diabloii.Net Member
Æ’enris said:
The first few weeks of hardcore ladder were really great, I mean we were all fairly poor, not that high of level, not in hell yet, still working out builds and such, everyone was cooperating, then it got into just a bunch of greedy people I guess.
Thats why we need new ladder season =).

Gj TM very kind of you more of you should be out there :).

-zxgaiMz

Kool69

Diabloii.Net Member
(1.09)Sadly, the same thing, well kinda, is what has banned me from HC for a year or more. Amazing one of my new best friends on HC had just given me full sigons and a umes lament. I was so happy. I proceeded to pump my necros strength up so he could equip these items. I had finally beaten Duriel at the level of 23 and wanted to level up and get iron golem before facing act 3. So I joined a 8-player arcane run and ended up stuck in the front the most of the time. I asked politely several times for a werebear to tank for my mages but his only reply was spam of "Move NECRO!!!" "WE NEED AMP!!!" (which i didnt have but he repeatedly asked for it) "Stupid necro bad lag leave" So I was stuck tanking for everyone. We got to the summoner and i ran up there to try to pull my minions up there but a skeleton got stuck on a ghoul lord and the players just waited behind them, a few spaming "DAMN MINONS" "MOVE NECRO" (which i really couldnt do) I died because of 1 lag and not hitting the 4 key for a full rej faster. 3 characters i had given loot to proceeded to loot my corpse. I said brb and left, remade my necro and said can i have my items back please? None brought any back, two were silent thinking i didnt know i was them and one laughed and called me a stupid nOOb and thats these items where better for him and left. Discouraged i left HC until now. But i just got to wait till lent is over to get back playing (Gave up video and computer games for it) Also how would you start a HC group?

:worship: See he bows down to your godlike power to help people ;)

EDIT: When does the ladder reset start?!?!?! I cant wait! Knock the highrollers back down off their stools of power over the common "nOOb"

HR-Tecira

Diabloii.Net Member
And people wonder why I sometimes like to go out and hunt pub players. ;)

As for the person looking for a good coop group in addition to GAT and the Misfits there is also CDC. It has some quality coopers in it :).

Pinoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Amen to that.

What the hell is up with ppl. It's bad enough we have to deal with lame pkers. Now this.

I gotta admit that not all ppl are like the ones you describe. As you're the living prof.

It feels really good when you help someone.

Pinoy

Diabloii.Net Member
RottweilExpress said:
You know why I don't give loot? Because it tempts people to put up a dirty tp for you, or lead that nasty monster pack to you, when you're backed up in a corner.

It's just that sad.

Anyway, good deed there, TM.
Damn Rott! You took the words out of my mouth.

Unfortunately, thats is why I don't let ppl loot me. :evil: