Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just traded for this ammy...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by shysta12, Feb 27, 2004.

1. shysta12

shysta12 IncGamers Member

Just traded for this ammy...

Hello everyone. Wow I haven't been on the D2 boards in awhile. Anyway, just wanted some opinions on this:

Shadow Knuckle
    lvl 26
    +2 pal
    15 fr/w
    20 str
    19 vit
    55 life
    58 mana

Thoughts. I have a hammerdin so this ammy will replace my traded Mara's.

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

thats a duped ammy and bugged.

I'm glad thats not on ladder.

3. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

For future reference, getting +2 to all paladin skills is not a lvl 26 requirment, it's more like a level 62 requirment (or 67, something like that).

So that right there is a dead giveaway...

Yea it's a nice ammy, but know that not only is it duped, but it is also a hacked item...

4. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure that it's not hacked, just an extremely old item (pre 1.08). Back then items had different level requirements. I remember the trick to getting dual leech rings back then was to gamble with a level 4 character...take a look at any of the classic duped dual leech rings for further evidence.

5. DemonicTutor

Naw I'm 99% sure its a recent hack. I played since .08 and never have I seen this ammulet.

Also just go check out the diablo store sites, they sell a ton of these types of hacked ammys (they sell this particular one as well). Like a druid ammy with +2 druid but a lvl 11 requirment, I mean gimme a break...

To say that this ammulet was stashed away on someones active account for 4 years then suddenly given away to a duper is a bit hard to belive. Then we should see old crafted caster rings with +2 necro (which did exist, but noone has a single one now).

Also I'm not too sure that 15% frw can spawn with those uber high stats. And it's a rare ammy not crafted correct?

6. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Chances are, the amulet was duped literally 3 years ago. To further reinforce the idea that level requirements were different back then, take my classic duped dual leech ring, Raven Spiral.

Level Req: 14
    148 attack rating
    7 mana leech
    6 life leech
    +13 dex
    +15 all resists
    +1 mana after kill

To show that +2 skills can be under level 67, search 'sunder' on Ebay. That is an example of a classic amulet that has godly mods but is only level 45 req.

7. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

It never occur to you that 15% R/W is not a pre LOD mod on ammy ?

That ammy is so duped and hacked.

8. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I still have rings and ammy dating back from classic and I am 99.5 % sure that + 2 ammy were not available at level 26. If I remember correctly, + 1 skill ammy use to be possible at level 22. I am not sure what was the level for a + 2 ammy but I am positive it was not level 26.

9. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

A couple of pointers to prove that this is a hacked item:

1.+2 amulets always had lvl req of 67 even in 1.00
    2.The mod with fr/w could never spawn on a rare amulet neither in 1.00 nor in 1.08.Only amulets that receive this mod are blood crafted amulets.
    3.+vitality mod can't spawn on an amulet either be it crafted,rare or magical.

10. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

it is true that there were at one point rings with +skills. i saw one back in the day with +7 or some ridiculous amount of paladin skills. However, saying that the fact one doesnt see any of these rings does in no way indicate that this amulet is not legit. those rings were rare even during the short time they were makeable, and the recipes for making them had items that, for people just transferring to the expansion pack, were quite rare, as rare as a legit 08 unique. that having been said, it is clear that this amulet is hacked. Even in classic, +2 skill amulets had a required level of 67. Viper torc, a duped pally amulet which is most undeniably classic for its old style prismatic mod, has +2 skills and lvl 67 requirement. also, raven spiral has a required level of 46, not 14. While i dont know for sure that the "sunder" amulet on ebay isn't a hack, i would be willing to wager it is, as it also has the interesting +r/w. I also don't recall seeing this in classic.

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

As far as i can remember all the way back to 1.03 when i started playing ANY +2 to all class skills ammy has a level requirement of at least 67, whether it is magical or rare or in LOD crafted.

12. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

I played some 1.00 back in the day and +2 amulets were level 67 req even then.

Can anyone tell some more about the skill rings that were possible for a while.

13. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

I know that there are 2 at least on US east and 3 on West I see them with my eyes

the ones on East is

1 skill 4-5% LL Cannot be Frozen and 10-20 life

1 skill, Cannot be Frozen and crappy mod.

the others I dont remember.

Havent see any +2 skill ones.

14. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

during 108, it was possible, with some crafting recipes, to get some pretty crazy items... like +skills rings. i said +7 earlier, that was a typo. meant 1. heh sorry. that's abotu all i know. i saw a +paladin skills one long long ago on west. can't really give you too much more information.

15. Kevlar

Kevlar IncGamers Member

Actually, back in 1.07-1,08 lod it was possible to get up to +2 on a crafted ring.

on pre-lod, meaning d2c 1.00 to 1.07

+1 skill had a minimum of lvl 22 req. I still have a few of those even today
    +2 skills on amulets had lvl 67 reqs , it was available on other items at lvl 30

16. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Just 3 on west? are u crazy

i can name about 15-20 different duped / hacked items.

Raven Sprial
    Viper Torc
    Viper Knot
    Viper Bluggen
    Shadow Knuckle
    Plague Master
    Imp Shank
    Wraith Brand
    Stormtrack Boots ( the rares not the unique)
    Wizardspike Gloves
    Homonglous Gloves
    Chaos Noose
    Fletch ammy.
    290's
    All high lvl runes.
    .08 Wf
    .08 Shako
    .08 GF
    .08 Gaze
    .08 Gores
    CmsE 300/63
    CCBQ
    Hex's
    .08 Valor
    Loath Grasp Glove

shall i go on?

17. Billweed

Billweed Banned

I to have played from 1.04 and this could be either type of Dupe, a pure hack that was duped or a bugged dup only the guy who first duped it knows, back then you could get lagged drops with all kinds of messed up mod's and level requirements that droped in lagged games and then if they were any good they got dupped like crazy after the duping hacks came out. The raven spiral, Havoc spiral and Plauge master rare rings are all examples of legit bugged drops that were later duped not to mention the bugged SOJ's with the negitave stats that people used for the skills bug (which again was not a hack but a bug in the game code) some of these items still exist (I have raven spirals and plauge masters, chaos ammys etc on my old chars still even though the patch removed my legit 1.08 B-stars and Areats) but really I just play those guys enough to keep them alive and I only play ladder now. If items like that bug you PLAY LADDER! Thats where everyone who had the skill and wanted a challenge went anyway.

18. strength_honor

strength_honor Banned

I said I just saw 3 Paladin Skill rings ! -_______________________- !

19. c0ncept

c0ncept IncGamers Member

best ring on east is +1all 18fc cannot be frozen and 18dex

20. DemonicTutor

Wow, east has some nice hacks...

All we got on west is spike gloves...

Common you west hackers, are you to be outdone? :wink2: