Just some online q's for my first online chr

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Just some online q's for my first online chr

Hey all been playing a single play4er necro since lvl 50 and decided to get a lil more out of the game and do him online,mostly jsut summons and bone spirit/spear.

Was curious about what are some customs and curtisies for playing online,gonna be on us east .

How does trading and all that work and looting as far as joinging someone's game and such?

Thanks a great deal in advance and any help as too play a necro online with other classes be great too!!

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
if you are playing on open bnet, then anything goes. do whatever, it won't matter, just keep a backup of your character.

it would actually be a lot easier to start a closed bnet character and ask for spare items.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
rayschaller said:
Was curious about what are some customs and curtisies for playing online,gonna be on us east .

How does trading and all that work and looting as far as joinging someone's game and such?
If you decide to go on closed Bnet, I'll warn you ahead of time. Theres two kinds of people on Bnet, the "nice guys" and the "tehleetz". The nice guys will give you a hand when you need it, and don't expect anything in return. One in every twenty is a nice guy.

You'll soon discover the "tehleetz". The vast majority of bnet. They party you only because it means more experience for them. They speak a very strange language, characterized by odd sounds such as "wug" "omg" "pp" "stfu" "noob" "rofl" "ezpk" "plz". That's just the beginning.

Not trying to sour your online experience, because when you find those 1 in 20 and group a few of them together the game is quite fun.

As far as trading goes, you'll get alot of "wug" noises in games. That's tehleetz for "What do you have available for trade?". I suggest reading about some of the scams before becoming a very active trader.

Loot is for whoever gets to it first, regardless of who kills it. The tehleetz have established this, and many of them use programs that breach the EULA to ensure that they get the loot. Soloing magic find runs is an effective way of getting decent stuff however.

Joining a game is as simple as clicking on a game name of interest and hitting enter, pressing the "join game" button, or double clicking it.

Have fun man :). If you decide to do open bnet (with your necro), be prepared to encounter some "interesting" items.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Well for most part multiplaying on closed bnet is a lot more fun than SP i feel. Alas scamming during trades/party play may sour the experience. In the whole time i played this game these are some of the tactics i remember scammers resort to:

1) The unid scam
In this scam traders leave items unidentified (unid) and claim they self found
an extremely rare item. For example they would try to sell you a Tyrael's
Might Sacred Armor when it could probably be an unid Silks Of The Victor Ancient armor or Corpsemourn Ornate plate upgraded to elite status using the cube recipes. Be wary of these traders.

2) The lookalike scam
In this scam traders would prey on desperate or new players and sell items that look just like the real thing. For example they will claim to sell the sacred armor from the Immortal King set when actually they have the Ancient armor from the Milabrega set just left unid! Always check the type of item before accepting the exchange of items in the trade window. Set items are not upgradable via the cube recipes so this should be easier :D

3) The Telekinesis scam
Telekinesis is actually a sorc skill that allows you to pick up items, trigger objects, and attack others at a distance. Also there may be charged items with this skill so other classes may be granted this skill! The scammer will claim he/she is in an extreme hurry and want a quick trade. Suspicious actions would be if the trader walks a distance away from you or just exit a few steps from town (possibly to deposit the dud). When everything looks ok on the trade window they would cast the spell and pick up worthless 'lookalike' and if one is not careful you'd end up trading for a dud. I do not know if its possible to deposit the dud straight to the trade window and if it is it could be a hack.These are the more experienced con artists on bnet!

4) The PK scam
This is not a trading scam but just some players who get a rush killing other players with or without their consent to a duel! They would act friendly and once they know your location they would hostile you, kill you and steal your gold. Attempts to recover your corpse would result in NKs (naked killing) and they steal more gold from you. Simply save and exit and make a passworded game if you wish.

Lastly these are some of the things to look out for when playing online but the majority of the time players are fine/friendly though the jargon they use patch to patch seem to be similiar like how NC pointed out lol. I have come across a lot of nice players who helped me out when i was new and to this day every 10-20 item runs or so i save the nice low-mid lvl items (like a 320ed rare warspike) and make games like 'free axe for pally' in nightmare and though the item is worthless to me it could really help out a very poor player get past nighmare and possibly early hell :p For trade prices on various items there is a rough pricelist at the Trading Forums according to the realm you're on. Cheers :D

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
rayschaller said:
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

This is an unique occurrence. More often than not people just go online and choose to be assholes. If you want to get a good group together you could try finding people from the forum to play with. Forum people are much less likely to turn out to be complete assholes.

Mochrie

Diabloii.Net Member
i've been playing on bnet off and on for a few years now. never really got into it like the "tehleetz" did though. the words i started hearing most often were:

"wug" then "u suck"

so eventually i just made a char on bnet and only played pw protected solo games. i soloed a summon necro up to about 65 and almost finished hell. i think i got bored of it and let him expire before i actually finished. :(

since that guy's expired and i'm getting the d2 craving again i'm starting a poison necro this time, but found it's kinda hard to advance solo in the game while trying to save up for explosion and nova. that and i've been incredibly sick this past week, so i've been having to play no more than 30 mins at a time.

so maybe somebody here wants to help me level my guy up a little bit so i can get to where i can at least solo easily. ;) but i always want to play with nice fun people. not this...

"wug ... u suck"

slappy sam

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I could say a lot on this topic, but I don't have that much time. Basically, after about a year of intensive b.net playing, I got very sick of the assholes on b.net. Blizzard doesn't care about the botters or dupers anymore it seems, and it has resulted in a poor economy. I can't profit from mfing baal because there are so many botters. Most people in pub games have maphack and pickit and I refuse to download hacks. This is why I switched to single player. On battlenet playing through the game is just a waste of time it seems; when someone can get rushed through the game in one night. Although, b.net isn't all bad. I met some great friends there, and actually found a very old online friend there too :). I guess it's just personal preference on whether or not its your type of thing.

P.S. Open battlenet is full of hacks. Full.

Edit: Also wanted to say, I agree with Mantis. It's pretty amazing to see someone ask a question like this, and you would probably be one of the people I would become friends with ingame because you seem like you actually have some courtesy, contrary to the majority of bnet.

Edit2: :p The Single Player Forum and ATMA are great ways to play multiplayer over (TCP/IP?) games with people from the forum that you might like better than people on bnet. AKA private games where you can use your single player characters. Or you can play solo.

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
slappy sam said:
Well I could say a lot on this topic, but I don't have that much time. Basically, after about a year of intensive b.net playing, I got very sick of the assholes on b.net. Blizzard doesn't care about the botters or dupers anymore it seems, and it has resulted in a poor economy. I can't profit from mfing baal because there are so many botters. Most people in pub games have maphack and pickit and I refuse to download hacks. This is why I switched to single player. On battlenet playing through the game is just a waste of time it seems; when someone can get rushed through the game in one night. Although, b.net isn't all bad. I met some great friends there, and actually found a very old online friend there too :). I guess it's just personal preference on whether or not its your type of thing.

P.S. Open battlenet is full of hacks. Full.

Edit: Also wanted to say, I agree with Mantis. It's pretty amazing to see someone ask a question like this, and you would probably be one of the people I would become friends with ingame because you seem like you actually have some courtesy, contrary to the majority of bnet.

Edit2: :p The Single Player Forum and ATMA are great ways to play multiplayer over (TCP/IP?) games with people from the forum that you might like better than people on bnet. AKA private games where you can use your single player characters. Or you can play solo.

Thanks all for the words of advise and warnings mostly lol,yeah last night got a couple i can get ya to 1million gold players but wasnt even worried about listening to these people ...oh well might just stick with my single player for now...just cant help not putting this game down nothing out there like it.Playing bf2 and finishing up gta sa these days but the treasure finding is what's its all about.

Catch u guys later and slappy sam u sound like great online attitude and hope u still find the fun in the game.maybe hell in london will see the love on developers as far as scamming and hacks,bye all!!!

By the way this community is one of the most informative,respectful,...just great community's of been a part of .I've never been good about helping others game wise cause i cant crunch numbers too well but u have helped soo much in my gaming ecperience.
When i started i bought this game with my nephew who was diagnosed with autism about 7 years ago ,hes 8 1/2 now and needed something engaging and not too indepth as far and games go,after much reading i got him on a chr that would benifit him as far as not too much skill swithcing and that he could run thru the game with.At this time he has a 67 frost zealer that he loves.I figured violence wise the game is no worse off then blowing up pokemon and such so convinced his parents to allow him to play it.He cant stop telling me about the treasures he's hoarded over the past week and he hasnt developed any problems toward kids in his class so it's worked out great and the parents love seeing him communicate on a different level as far as enthusiasm.So thank u all ,ur help has meant more then u could really know.

Beneathnoise

Diabloii.Net Member
hrm. bro. if you DO get on useast ladder (closed) i can help you out, hook you up, and introduce you to some good people (i collect "nice" guys)

keep me posted here. We would love to have you online, bro.

Also, your nephews character is one of the best out there for killing dclone.

funny how that works.. lol..

Also, i have some SP characters. if you'd like to get together over a TCP/IP game, also let me know. We can arrange that, and you can see the differences when you play with more people. (only then can you really decide if battlenet is the next step)

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Mochrie said:
i've been playing on bnet off and on for a few years now. never really got into it like the "tehleetz" did though. the words i started hearing most often were:

"wug" then "u suck"
Well, it *is* interesting. Map****ters even keep telling me that my Windforce is "bad" --- which is "kind of" correct since it doesn't have 8% ML, just 7%. Since I don't have problems keeping my mana ball full I don't really see it as "bad" --- and funny enough, the last guy who told be that my WF is bad asked me whether I had a mana pot for him shortly after...

You have to get used to weird people on bnet. I always remember the map****ting sorc who complained that my Skelemancer is too slow --- but at least she did wander off on her own, instead of just complainig. Needless to say, I had to recover her corpse a few times... So maybe he was actually complimenting my Skelemancer for being slow to die?
The other people in that party were considerably smarter --- they pretty quickly learned that the safest place (other than town) is behind my skellies, and that they can throw their spells or javelins from there as well... after all, my Skelemancer needs corpses to explode :)

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
Well, it *is* interesting. Map****ters even keep telling me that my Windforce is "bad" --- which is "kind of" correct since it doesn't have 8% ML, just 7%. Since I don't have problems keeping my mana ball full I don't really see it as "bad" --- and funny enough, the last guy who told be that my WF is bad asked me whether I had a mana pot for him shortly after...
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that point.

If someone uses an illicit 3rd party program and sees that your armor is 1 def from perfect or if your weapon is 3% less ED than theirs, they say your itemz are teh sux. Beware of the Battle.net ego trip.

rayschaller

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that point.

If someone uses an illicit 3rd party program and sees that your armor is 1 def from perfect or if your weapon is 3% less ED than theirs, they say your itemz are teh sux. Beware of the Battle.net ego trip.

Wow some really annoying and just plain stay single player stuff there.I thank everyone for the blunt warning s on the topic of online and think we will just continue our offline collections.

Thank u for the offers of the private games and of just being great people in general!!