Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just my luck...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Feb 9, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Just my luck...

Act 1 hell on player 8, three boss pack (two are gargantuan beast, one is flesh hunter) all occured at the same damn spot. All three are lighting enchanted, some are cursed, and some are mana burn, and then throw on a holy freeze, can you get any better than that! They wiped out my merc in no time, despite he has over 3k life with oak sage. and they are killing my bear as fast as I can summon it, even though it has over 1.7k life. So they just left my poor (no mana left so no fury) wolf running around to avoid being surronded, and throw in a few shot while I can. Took me forever to kill them all, and used a full belt of full rejouv potion. Luckily, I managed to kill them without dying, though come close a few times. (haven't died once yet all the way on player 8, does that mean I qualify to move up to hardcore now?:teeth: )

Just thought might give you people who think you have bad luck something to laugh at. :)

2. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I had a similar fight like this today in the Pit with my Grizzy Paly. 3 Boss packs, 2 archers and 1 skeletons pack. I remember seeing the mods 'fire enchanted, extra strong, multishot' on one of the unique archers. The skelly pack was 'cursed, extra fast, aura enchanted (might)'. I didn't saw the set of bonus on the second archer, but I know she was 'lightning enchanted, spectral hit' cause I saw some lightning and got all green. Suffice to say. I almost died several times there. My Barb merc died 3 times. Although this wasn't the worst case I've had to deal with so I'm happy. :) They didn't drop anything too, bastards! :grrr:

3. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

mine just beat yours. My fishy necro, naked, no defense, no blocking, no direct damage. NM act4, 3 boss packs + 1 champ pack. one PI+stone skin BurningSoul (no way to break its PI), 1 stone skin BurningSoul with some kind of self healing and cold enchanted, one Extra fast/amp damage cursed Bat (shock attack bat, those already very fast fly bat!) plus one extra champ BurningSoul pack.

The BurningSoul lightning was the biggest problem. Extra fast bat was bad to my necro, but not as bad as lightning. the unbreakable PI took me very long time to kill (revived BurningSoul + CE), the self heal boss can heal faster then my skeletons can deal most of time.

I used 8 full rej posion, many more red and blue, back to town at least 10 times, and at least 6 waves of skeleton army.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

death, how did you kill the first one for CE? did you have amges or bonespear? when i cast amp dmg and nothign happen still, i tend to ty and park thmin a corner, dim vision them and run away quickenough so they dont follow me when they come back out of dim vision. i learnt hat from the pacifist hero of mongojerry.

5. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

My build is closely follow NF's Fishy build, but with rules to stay naked. for some reason, I couldn't break burningSoul PI which I don't understand (Only the boss was PI, not little guys!). So I try to run (no teleport, as he is naked) and regroup my skeleton to deal the bat boss pack first, it was the hardest part as lightning were flying all over the screen. If I run out of skeleton (or badly need heal), I go back to town and rise more from else where. Once the bat pack was gone, deal the self-heal pack. It wasn't easy either, as it was very hard to group all my troops around the boss. Last, the unbreakable PI boss. I use revived BurningSouls (lightning vs lightning), and try to let the boss to my trap - dead bodies on ground. CE does half fire damage, plus lightning from revive.
    The key was not touch (no CE or rise skeleton) from dead BurningSouls, save them last for boss fight. I use attract instead of dim vision.