just makin sure

OmanLord

Diabloii.Net Member
just makin sure

for hell meph runs 300-350% mf is ideal? after 350 it doesnt effect that much.. am i right? so it would be better to have ~ 300-350 mf and kill faster than ~520 and kill slower?

Vinmar

Diabloii.Net Member
It depends on how much slower. If it normally takes you 5 minutes and with extra MF it takes you 10, than the lower amount is better. Now in that same scenario it only took you an extra minute, I would go with the extra MF. Even though there is diminishing returns, any extra still helps.

Vinmar

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
OmanLord said:
for hell meph runs 300-350% mf is ideal? after 350 it doesnt effect that much.. am i right? so it would be better to have ~ 300-350 mf and kill faster than ~520 and kill slower?
Well, as you say, there are diminishing returns. Here are what some numbers in the 300-550 range translate to in terms of unique & set chances..

MF%__Unique%__Set%
300___136_____187
350___145_____205
400___153_____222
450___160_____236
500___166_____250
550___171_____261

..but only you know how much it slows you down to pile on the extra MF gear.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Think of it this way.

If you do 100 runs in 1 hour with 300 MF and 10 runs in 1 hour with 600 MF, which do you think is better?

Usually just go with what you can sacrifice without making killing too big of a deal.

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree with dashy here, i think u should go for killing speed instead of big amounts of mf,

for example my barb runs mephi with 470% mf and his enigma armor under 1,5 minutes in hell.. i can increase his mf to 800-900% but it almost takes me 4 minutes.. u see the big difference? in that time i could have done 2,5 runs with 470% and only the chance is 10% better or something like that,
i should suggest u test it out for yourself but yeah, 350% is a good amount to mf, its just all about luck anywayz

robin

OmanLord

Diabloii.Net Member
thx for the help guys with 381 mf lvl 87 sorc i do runs ~ 50 seconds-1 min and with ~520 mf i do them ~ 2.5 -3 mins i think ima go with the lower mf

mawa

Diabloii.Net Member
Players setting does nothing to boss-drops, right? I suggest doing meph runs solely at players 1

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
mawa said:
Players setting does nothing to boss-drops, right? I suggest doing meph runs solely at players 1
well at mephi players1 he has a chance to drop a nul-drop, in other words, he doesnt drop any unique's or sets... from /players3 you elliminate this nul-drop IIRC...

but you should wait for Shade or RTB to answer this one :teeth:

robin

edit: :rant: damn u Z :xgrin:

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
well at mephi players1 he has a chance to drop a nul-drop, in other words, he doesnt drop any unique's or sets... from /players3 you elliminate this nul-drop IIRC...

but you should wait for Shade or RTB to answer this one :teeth:

robin

edit: :rant: damn u Z :xgrin:
Hey, at least you got your grammer somewhat correct...I still need to push that edit button to fix mine...

...but at least I was faster! :D

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
OmanLord said:
thx for the help guys with 381 mf lvl 87 sorc i do runs ~ 50 seconds-1 min and with ~520 mf i do them ~ 2.5 -3 mins i think ima go with the lower mf
what sort of gear are you wearing? it really shouldn't be that hard to have a sorc wearing > 600% MF and still do Meph runs in around a minute. what sort of skills are you using? do you have a good meph map? how about a merc? as other have said, don't sacrifice too much killing speed for MF, but at the same time, you should be able to get higher MF than that and still kill fast.