Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just lazy or ...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Corneo, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Just lazy or ...

Here is a thing that has been bugging me. In my programming class, my professor gives out small programs for us to write, they are roughly 30% of our grade and take about a couple of days to write. The thing is that he puts them out about 2-3 WEEKS before the due date. Why is that when I got to the computer lab on the due date, 50 people are panicking like monkeys and begging the only TA on duty to help them out. The poor TA can only give hints and can't spell out the code for them. Yet, these people push the envelope and basically asking the TA to do the work for them. </rant>

2. toader

toader Banned

Um...welcome to college, lol.

Glad to know its no different for other people at other universities with different majors.

3. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I think the best part was that I walked into the lab to check my email. Some people recognized that I didn't have a panicking look on my face and they jumped and hound on me to help them. I quickly played off the "I speaka no engrish!"

4. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

well of course they put it off. If you put it off til the last minute it only takes a minute!

5. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

That is a sig worthy quote. :lol:

-Rafty

6. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

oh man.. if i had a sig, i am sure that is what it would be.. maybe i can reccomend it to garbad...

*goes of to find garbad* :bow:

7. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

One word:

PROCRASTINATION

They don't take school seriously enough and would rather waste there time partying, hanging out or being a general vacuum in society.

8. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

yeah i used to do the procrastination thing all last year, but this year, especially this semester, i have been really good about starting my problem sets about three days in advance so that i have the chance to get help from my professors, etc.

the only problem with doing this is that sometimes i don't work hard enough on a problem before going to get help on it... which is bad.

about the programs thing, my roomie this year wouldnt start his programs until the night they were due, and pulled several all nighters in failed attempts to finish the programs. he ended up withdrawing from the class, and now has to take it again this semester. idiot

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr IncGamers Member

that's quite a step you took. procrastinators = vacuums in society? I'd say that those who procrastinate in order to partake in life's enjoyments are instead bulstering society. Society is not the educated few...society is the popular mob, so to speak. It's possible to contritube to society and procrastinate, both. I like to believe that I procrastinate because I find that doing assignments in a normal frame of time isn't challenging enough, haha. Of course, I don't go to the TA for help, either. I go to UT...and if you know anything about the University of Tennessee...it should be that the professors(for the most part) are as incapable as the students. Research universities bite the big one.