Just installed Descent

Arokthis

Diabloii.Net Member
Just installed Descent

The problem is that it goes WAY too fast. Any suggestions on how to slow everything down?

Johnny

Banned
Re: Just installed Descent

The game speed is set after processor speed. So ask if you can borrow Ev's new mac then overclock it.

The game speed is set after processor speed. So ask if you can borrow Ev's new mac then overclock it.
If I remember correctly, Ev_'s Mac spanks the crap out of your machine.

I'll send the OP a PM with something that might help, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here.

Johnny

Banned

If I remember correctly, Ev_'s Mac spanks the crap out of your machine.
Remember what? Last time I mentioned my computer specs was nearly 2 years ago when I bought the thing and right bow it's in the shop where I'm having them replace eveyrthing except the DVD drive and case and upgrading it all with the best available.

Remember what? Last time I mentioned my computer specs was nearly 2 years ago when I bought the thing and right bow it's in the shop where I'm having them replace eveyrthing except the DVD drive and case and upgrading it all with the best available.
So how much did you spend?

I actually would have called anyone out on busting on a machine with that kind of power, especially if I know what their specs are.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

I also highly recommend DOSBox.

Descent is a classic. Level 7 is imprinted on my brain. Tick-tick-tick AAAAHHHH!!!

Is that in USD or SEK?
If that was in his fruity currency that'd come to about 25c, so I'm guessing $US. And he did get ripped off.

Johnny

Banned

Getting ripped off: priceless :laugh:
And I get to feast on everyone's delicious jelousy.

If you know your hardware then you will also know that the prices are perfectly standard for said items.

And it's not a chassi fan it's a processor fan.

There is no fan out there worth 100$, you could get a passive $60 heatpipe that would probably out perform it.

Judging by the processor price I'm guessing one of the lower end-mid range Quadcore Extremes unless you went with like an Opteron or something.

The graphics card could go either way, if you went with two 500$ cards you'd still end up with a very nice system, if you went with one 1000$ card you got ripped off. By the time that card comes down in price enough to make up the difference even going SLI won't really help.

I'd have to see the motherboard to really comment, but I'm guessing it is either an Intel or Gigabit gaming board.

RAM I'd need to know the type and speed, I'm guessing you went DDR3.

Powersupply is probably worth it if it is a name brand and one of the newer 85-90% efficiency models.

The labor seems like a total rip off though unless they are overclocking it for you and optimizing the air flow and even then it still seems pricey.

Arokthis

Diabloii.Net Member

Weird direction this tread went. Anyway, Dosbox worked like a charm. Thanks, y'all.