Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just how slow is it.. exactly.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [cK]Extreme, Mar 5, 2004.

1. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Just how slow is it.. exactly.

Tomorrow's the big day, takin a weekend to go back home, where my diablo disk are waiting to be reinstalled. :clap: Anyway heres the question:

Just how slow is lightning? If my memory serves me correctly, i remember standing in one spot for an eon waiting for that sucker to cast.. maybe im exagerating but i remember something like a solid 2 seconds? So, just HOW much slower is it then the other spells, say firebolt for comparison. 4 firebolt casts for every lightning? 8 firebolts? 10? (assuming both characters have 117% FCR... thats still the optimal cutoff right?)

2. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

lighting used to be based on attack speed not FCR. Now it is based on FCR im not sure how fast it goes with FCR but when I used to use a 6 shael phase blade I would cast it so fast I couldnt see the diffrence between the blasts it was just one long line of lighting. So im guessing with enough FCR now you might be able to get the same affect maybe a wiz spike would do nicely?

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

CL and L are about 2 frames slower than other spells with comparable fcr. the breakpoints are different from normal. the target breakpoint is 117 fcr.

4. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

when you think about it though CL makes up for it when theres multiple targets hitting all of them and all :evil:

5. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

at high lvls chain lightning can do some awsome dmg, 5-10000 dmg hitting 11 or 12 times is a lot, if it had normal cast rate that could do easy 100k dmg a sec, so u can see y its a bit slower