Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just how slow is buriza?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Relvinian, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Relvinian

Relvinian IncGamers Member

Just how slow is buriza?

Hi

I am pretty new to amazons, after playing diablo2 for a few years i have finally decided to make one. She is using strafe and mainly doing pit runs.

I've been reading around and hearing people say that the buriza is to slow. Well i have a 197% buriza, I will put a shael in it. I will get the following ias from items, 20 from gloves, 20 from amulet, 10 from helm and 10 from belt. Just wondering how much slower I would be than a goldstrike or wws, which I also have. The goldstrike is only 208%ed and the wws is 158%ed. Which one would be better for doing pits runs. I will be upgrading one of them.

Thanks

Relv

2. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Pit runs are easy with buriza. Mine is 198% ed & i have upgraded it. use laying of hands as there are a lot of demons in the pit. 95% ias is the first breakpoint & the next is at 135 i think. With 80% ias inherent to buriza you only need the gloves to reach next point. The 135 point really does not help much & i think you would be better off putting an ED% jewel in it. This bow is a lot slower than the others but with natural pierce and +35 dex, you can smoke the pit. I am a multizon & never, ever die in the pits.

Use the WWS on switch to break immunities & go back to buriza for all else. With buriza, ias is not what you should be after. Enhanced damage is the way to go. (gore riders are also a must for bowazon).

I just completed act 3 hell & am only waiting for atmas scarab before i proceed. I just solo'd Diablo clone last night in under 5 minutes with my Buriza using guided arrow. From what I understand, most bowazons have difficulty with Uber D.

Just my 2 cents.

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

The speed breakpoints for a buriza are:

Norm/Strafe IAS
    14/4 70
    13/3.5 95
    12/3.5 138
    11/3 215

Since the weapon has 80 on it you start with a 14 / 4 strafe. And since your other gear adds up to 60 IAS you'll hit the 12/3.5 strafe without the shael. The last breakpoint is so far off that it is just not worth it so be happy with the speed you get ;)

Upgrading a buriza will dramatically increase the strength required to a whopping 163 so bear that in mind. The Goldstrike and the WWS you mention have poor %ED and I would be wary about upgrading them when you will probably find better ones on your mf trips. The runes are valuable and probably worth more than the original bows.

I have upgraded a Goldstrike myself since it was close to perfect in %ED, AR bonus and damage to demons and undead and I'm very pleased with it as a strafe weapon. It seems to me taht your buriza has the best stats of the bows you mentioned but watch the strength and level requirements.

Happy shooting.

4. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Before my zon bit the dust (again in Hell in act1) I tried out an upgraded double-shaeled wws, a non-upgraded not socketed buriza and double hell-ed hellrack. With wws, you should easily hit the 9fps attack, for buriza, 13fps is what most of us will strive for. I preferred the buriza, because of the bigger dmg dealt per attack. The hellrack is an interesting xbow, if you plan not to upgrade the buriza: in theory, probably the slowest bow to be found in the game, but in practice, I killed faster than the buriza, and this was at 17fps ! I consider this a bug.

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Sorry forgot to mention that Goldstrike with the same IAS gear you have will need 120 IAS to get the 9/2 strafe that is the fastest strafe most people go for with a [10] speed bow. Here are the shooting speeds and IAS

9/3 89
    9/2 120
    8/2 147

Goldstrike has 50% IAS onboard and you are adding 60% more so that would give you 110% IAS and a 9/3 strafe. If you add one fevor jewel with 15 IAS in the helmet, armor or bow you'd get the 9/2.

6. Relvinian

Relvinian IncGamers Member

Cool thanks guys. I guess I will upgrade my buriza :)

Relv

7. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Last I heard Buriza was excluded from the Upgrade recepie. I don't know if it changed in the final version but during development they specifically stated that.

Good luck though... let me know if it works, don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Edit:
    Although it was implied, just stating it as an FYI. Bows have faster theoretical speeds than crossbows. IIRC the fastest bows can shoot is 7/2 and the fastest crossbows shoot at 11/3.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The statement by GFraizer a while back that buriza was excluded from the upgrade recipe was a joke. Many people have upgraded their burizas on the ladder.

9. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

cool... good to know... thnx

10. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Playing hcl with a Burizon is kinda like playing russian roulette with an automag (think about it). I decided to go back to 1.08 thinking and nef the bow thinking that my loss was 20% ias and gain was permanent knockback. So far so good, A2 hell without any serious problems other than the usual no-shield=not-enough-res problems that all bowazons experience. As I have 2 other ok buriza's if the nef turns out to be a mistake then i will swap it for sheal.

A lot of people talk about upgrading the buriza but can this be done once the socket is filled or must the item be clean?

If you choose to upgrade the buriza then the str/dex reqs will be the same as hellrack right? Nice bow for cold/phys immunes.

11. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Item upgrade doesn't affect the socket, so if you upgrade a shaeled buriza, you still keep the extra 20% ias at higher lvl requirements (same as hellrack).