Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just have to get this off my chest ..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Elly, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Elly

Elly Administrator

This is my safe space on the intertubes and today I need to vent

buggery ******** ****y wanky ********.

#brexit

Dredd, please don't ban me for my potty mouth, the censor thing will no doubt nuke all my sweary words.

YogiRat likes this.
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If it helps, feel free to verbally kick my ass in the "how does it feel" thread for my German arrogance, although I think that jmervyn deserves it more.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Considering the number of cuss-laden nuclear meltdowns I've had in the private section over the years, I owe you a billion free asterisks. ;)

You better add about 5 "j/k"s and wink emotes to the end of that or he's going to think you're serious.

4. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

I think I can help Elly come to terms with a̶ c̶r̶u̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶p̶o̶r̶a̶t̶i̶s̶m̶ *cough*Brexit ...

There is no charge for this service.

5. krischan

That would be less fun.

6. Elly

Elly Administrator

If it were that simple or I was a Daily Hate reader I might take solace in that.

7. LozHinge the Unhinged

Whoa whoa - I defer to the site Admin's whenever self-preservation instincts kick in but ...
    Imply that I am a Daily Flail reader one more time, I dare you. That's a deal breaker :mad:

8. Elly

Elly Administrator

I know better than to accuse you of reading the Daily Hate/Fail/Heil.

9. LozHinge the Unhinged

Oh. Well ... ahem ... uh ... OK, then. Moving on ...

10. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Believe it or not, I can occasionally grasp German humor. Such as it exists in this temporal realm.

For Elly et.al. my wife's savings took a soccer hooligan style beat-down if it makes you feel better. Such is the price of freedom.

No, I won't do the Braveheart clip. It was really kind of sappy.

Dredd likes this.
  11. krischan

Wait, you paid for your freedom with money? I'm not sure if you will really get what you wanted then.

12. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Money is preferable to the normal dues, which I have also paid a couple of times.

P.S. not to muddy this thread with the "how does it feel" convo, but this is worth noting:
    Brexit’s Complicated Aftermath
    What comes next? Nobody really knows.

"For a long time, Britons who wanted their country to leave the European Union were regarded almost as mentally ill by those who wanted it to stay. The leavers didn’t have an opinion; they had a pathology. Since one doesn’t argue with pathology, it wasn’t necessary for the remainers to answer the leavers with more than sneers and derision.

Even after the vote, the attitude persists. Those who voted to leave are described as, ipso facto, small-minded, xenophobic, and fearful of the future. Those who voted to stay are described as, ipso facto, open-minded, cosmopolitan, and forward-looking. The BBC itself suggested as much on its website."

The people who don't share one's opinions generally don't react well to slander, spite, & in the case of the foolish Trump-related groups, violence.

Just sayin'

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  13. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

The EU was already in weak position with leaders like Tusk (he's not very nicely remembered), Juncker and Schultz. I think that EU should return to it's economical roots, kinda restart the whole integration and put more focus on democracy. Like give the member states power to vote on the leaders of major institutions like European Commision. OFC people would vote and the campaign would be paneuropean. Now, we have left-minded madmen with power and the rest of Europe is seriously thinking about their -exits. EU did a lot of good things but they won't last forever.

I think that there's still a chance but the stubborn high EU level politicians won't do the right thing. They're like: "Brexit? F*** you GB, GTFO." It's time for heavy and brave change in the whole EU programme and treaties. If nothing would be done, then EU will fall back to individual states as it was pre-1951 (Paris Treaty) and pre-1957 (Rome Treaty).

Good luck Britain anyway. You will need it.

jmervyn likes this.
  14. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

15. Glurin

Glurin IncGamers Member

And some people still insist there's no liberal bias in the media. :rolleyes:

16. Elly

Elly Administrator

That's not the best shafting that guy's had. I can't remember who it was but he got a much better grilling by another reporter. Very good viewing (for everyone else, not for him I'm sure).

17. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Amanpour has been making excuses for just how badly she did. Of course, she'll get a pass, but she looked like an idiot repeatedly trying to hang "RACISS" around Hannan's neck.

18. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

19. krischan

I don't care that much about what people say to each other about the Brexit. I care for what they do and which effects it has. I think it was wrong to decide for a Brexit, but I also think that it would be worse to ignore the poll for whatever reason. They decided to ask the people and the people have decided, period.

From a position outside of the UK, I don't give a damn about the poll, as it has no juristical meaning or consequences. What counts is the official declaration of taking a leave. As long as that hasn't happened, I cannot take their government serious. I would expect them to do it ASAP. Perhaps not tomorrow, but at a fixed day within let's say a month. I don't think the best about what could be their motives about delaying it.

Who knows, perhaps they make a new election before and then Labour is winning. Labour might say that the poll hasn't been from them, so they don't feel bound by it and give a damn about it. I could even imagine that they could achieve a victory in the election by making it a part of their agenda!

I wouldn't let the Tories get away with blaming Labour if that happens. They promised a Brexit and then it doesn't happen? It doesn't matter if the others prevent it. They should have know that in advance and achieve it in time. Likewise, I wouldn't blame Labour for doing just that.

However, I doubt that the Tories will allow elections to occur any earlier than necessary. In the current situation, they would suffer huge losses because any candidate would have to declare his point about the Brexit and suffer the enmity of the other.

BTW, I think that Farage and Johnson are slimy scumbags, manipulators and cheaters, but I'm not assigning character flaws to their decisions to resign. The recent accusations of fleeing from responsibility are hypocritic.

20. LozHinge the Unhinged

You don't think that it's worth waiting for a new Tory Party leader / Prime Minister to be installed first? OK, then!

Anyone who is talking about "Labour winning" any time in the next ten years is either not paying attention, or is my friend Rory. Or both.

The idea of a Party in power calling an election before they absolutely have to is a bit outré.

I like your outside-the-box thinking, kris.

Indeed. It is very difficult to reconcile that our saviours were, apart from one valuable contribution to society, completely reprehensible.

It's almost as if life is trying to be too impossibly complicated to understand for us poor humans ... instead of being the very simple and simplistic phenomenon it really is ;)

jmervyn likes this.