Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just got pked again

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Parpyparpy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Parpyparpy

Parpyparpy Diabloii.Net Member

Just got pked again

Well My 43 Throw Barb just got pked a few min ago. And well I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a 3rd character? My first was a 25 Werebear who got pked by some random paladin. Anyways, needless to say im not so excited about hc anymore but I really want to put my foot in the door. How do you guys stand to play? Most of the people I have seen are just assholes grabbing up all they can and just pking. Also how do you guys ever manage to get any good equipment? I was still using normal plate mail and plated boots before I got pked.

Oh well, a bit of a rant, but any thoughts on a new char and anti-frustration methods?

2. Stimm

Stimm Diabloii.Net Member

Ive said it before and will say it 1000 more before Im done. Make soem friends! Post on here with your realm and ask if anyone is questing / leveling a char at your range. Ive been Pkd once in my entire career , dating back to the start of 09. How do I manage ? I introduced myself to these forums and found people I could quest with or what ever. Al that being said , skelemancer is a good non item dependant character to start with. If you cant make any friends find " park here " games or questing games that arent in the act you are in and level on your own unpartied.

3. ~Foxfire~

~Foxfire~ Diabloii.Net Member

A couple good rules of thumb regarding lvling low:

Don't accept duels offered to you. They were offered to you for a reason, because they know something you don't. Chances are, you don't even have a fighting chance, as low level duelers will be running 800+ life and doing better than 1k dmg.

Learn to recognize gear which is commonly seen as tppk gear. Cold sorceresses with a whole lot of +skill gear and not very much resist gear are generally not pvm characters, the same goes for necros.

Don't talk shat to people. Stimm is right, you need friends. I can't tell you how many times a smile here or there has gotten me another addition to the 'ole f list.

When between the levels of 1 and 20, look for enchant games. They speed up the leveling process greatly. However, avoid taking enchant from enchanters with a bow mercenary. There is a high likelihood that their mercenary is enchanted, and all it takes is the hostile button to end your character's career.

Perceverance is all there is left. I've been tppked my fair share of times, which is likely to happen to those few legit characters left on realm. Learn what things cost, pick up pgems as they will buy you nearly anything, and make sure you can handle the area before trying to level in it.

Good luck getting started man, it can be hard.

4. waflob

waflob Diabloii.Net Member

What realm are you on ?

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

Aside from blueish armor + dagger on a necro, I wouldn't mind hearing what visible gear there is that can be a possible giveaway...

But anyways screw friends, I just play solo...more itams that way.

6. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony Diabloii.Net Member

Parpyparpy,
    I think, your problem is not about picking the "right" character to play, but about learning to avoid PK's.
    Whoever you choose, a zealot, a furyzon, a WW-barb, a blizz-sorc, you will still fall victum to PK's, if you don't know where to expects them and how to avoid their attacks.

7. Stimm

Stimm Diabloii.Net Member

You see a sorc with a blue helm and / or orb and looks like they dont have any armor on you can assume its nightwings / fathom and ormus.

necros who dont have any minions are a good giveaway

8. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I also avoid bowazons, and keep my distance from wind druids, not all bowazons and wind druids are tppkers, but many are. (especially bowazons) So no, I dont quit the game, but I'm careful not to stand near them, and keep my cursor over the center of the screen, so I can s+e quickly.

Watch for what skills they use as well... a bowazon firing multishot (especially at a lower level multishot) is more likely to be a tppker than a bowazon firing freezing arrows.

Last bit for now, watch their names.
    If their name is "yourangrymom", and they kill someone, it will be "so and so was slain by yourangrymom", harhar. One I remember since he tried to tppk me, and failed, was "adirtycop" "so and so was slain by adirtycop". If their name is something which will "make sense" with "xxx was slain by ___", and they are a necro sorc bowazon or wind druid, you'd best sit in town that run, as its only a matter of time until they try to tppk.

-Matt

9. boll

boll Diabloii.Net Member

harhar :p i recently started my fist HC char in a looong time ( meteorb sorc ) and i've got no troubles beeing pked. assuming that you log out / tp directly when someone hostiles you or you are VERY careful when entering tps.

as mentioned, check the characters names, it could be patheticly easy.
    Pks has given me quite some laugs, but just play it safe.

Don't die and quit ;)

10. Ankeli

Ankeli Diabloii.Net Member

if you're not good at making friends, i suggest you take a look at the KTA threads. KTA 11 is starting shortly, and if they let you in, you will be able to play from lvl 1 to lvl 85 or so without the threat of being pk'ed. and with some very very cool people.

and i doubt they will mind if you want to play some char you can use to solo afterwards either. :)

11. MoUsE_WiZ

What I meant more specifically was:
    "How do you tell a sorc's gear from what is visible on the character?"
    He said to watch for high +skills and 0 resists, and unless he means assume any sork not using wizzy is a tppk I'm not sure what he means -.-

12. Parpyparpy

Parpyparpy Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the help guys, and I will probably start up a necro soon.. Im on US East btw and my account is Rjizzle

13. tomatoman

tomatoman Diabloii.Net Member

p33Kayedd!11!1!!!!

14. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath Diabloii.Net Member

15. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

Uhm, he might assume everyone has maphack ;) Since I'm only just starting HC I'm not sure if it's the same as in soft, but when you enter a Baalrun you have a big chance of someone going "lolol, botd Ghostspear, how noooooob" if you have something not cookie.

PS: I sure hope my first char doesn't get PK'ed at lvl 30 :mad:

HoD

16. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava Diabloii.Net Member

- 3rd party program -

There are 3rd-party programs that grant a player the ability to check out what other players' chars wear. You can even use such programs to see what a Valkrie wears, and do many things like that.

This is a way of cheating in the game. For HC players, such programs can cheat the game to grant additional protection to their chars, who can live once and only once.

I used such programs in SC on the West realm for a while, so that I could tell why Hell Diablo could not hurt a level 10 pally, why 2 lvl 90ish Javazons dueled but couldn't hurt each other, and things like that.

I play HC on East most of the time. And as a hard-core HC player, I don't use such programs on East or in HC. I don't trade for stuff for my use in HC, either. I like to rely solely on my skills, experience, knowledge for going through the game without dying. I would suggest you play the game the same way if you do enjoy HC.

- PK -

As for getting PK'ed, my suggestion is: get used to unexpected PK. I have lost a half dozen chars to such PK'er over the years, most on West. If you treasure your HC chars, don't play your HC chars in a party with any strangers. Either play with a trustible friend or friends, or solo the game on your own. If you play in a public game, don't party with anyone you don't know for sure.

Also, if you get hostiled in a game and your char is in danger, use ALT-F4, not ESC+ENTER, to do a quick, clean, emergency exit.

By the way, not every bowazon is a Pker. My MS-based PVM bowazon could have a fairly large # of arrows per shoot, past about level 12 or 15. And not all low- to mid-level bowazons would use FA frequently. My most recent bowazon started to use FA only at the end of NM, because she got rushed and needed FA to protect her.

By using 3rd party programs and custom built scripts, a player can PK in numerous different ways in the game. Don't judge ppl by their face. A very nice sorc with a nice name could offer help to you and later turn around and PK your char for no reason. You just can't tell in advance.

- Who to play with -

If you don't like the hostility in Hc, find a group of trustible players or friends, like KTA, or similar. Or, you could always stop HC and restart SC. Since I play both SC and HC, I can tell, many ppl in SC are really nice to play with, though very few of them care about dying even if they are highly skilled players.

check out "www.theamazonbasin.com" for friendly players to play with. Many of the players over there are mature adults. Some are even grandma playing D2 with their grandchildren. Many of them are very, very nice ppl.

17. MoUsE_WiZ

Hum...apparently I need to clarify once more so people don't think I'm retarded =D

Of course I know he was referring to scanning gear and not just looking at the character's ingame appearance (though for non-sorks that can work). However I didn't feel like coming out and saying "**** off and learn to play the game without your hacks" but I couldn't quite bring myself to leave someone supporting mh alone.

18. masakerr

masakerr Diabloii.Net Member

Trust NO ONE (you don't know), take NO chances and keep your finger on the trigger (escape key) and your cursor on your character (to escacpe really fast). Of course if they're hacking (TPPK) you're gonna die anyway. Stay away from TP's.

Shoots, if you play West HC Ladder I'd be happy to help you out

*steel-balls2*

Masa

ps. Sorry if I sound distrustful, but I have more than one character in the graveyard.

19. rawrj

rawrj Diabloii.Net Member

yeah,i know a quiet a few people that use the hacks i know there accs, if in doubt you can always whisper me on us west

accounts

rawrj-
    fear(death)

and i am willing to help youguys out once my chars are up and running in like a week or so :p, i think my chanter is still active ill have a look tonight if you need a chant or what not, rush, i can do norm and nm but dont have a pala to do hell just hit me up and say your from these forums, and ill help you out, i can also do a few baal runs when i have some free time too :p

gl to you

20. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod Diabloii.Net Member

Are they still using cheats to PK?