Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just got pk'd

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Nikech, May 16, 2005.

1. Nikech

Nikech IncGamers Member

Just got pk'd

I was in a public norm baalrun (HC ladder) with some sorc. My char was a lvl41 summoner necro and I was doing great so far. We were together in the Throne of Destruction and had killed the first spawn of Baal's minions when a lvl76 druid (HeeeyHoo-something *b-f) joined the game, I invited him to party. Then after he joined I was suddenly hostiled and dead at the same instant. :(

Does anyone know what happened? I really liked my necro, I guess I'll have to start all over again now, but I think I'll wait for the next ladder season to star. (I 've got other things to do anyways.)

2. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Tppk. Dont baal with higher lvl chars, never be infront of bone nec.

3. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

He was messing up my Baal runs this evening too. He TPPK'd a level 76 sorc. I did warn the sorc too.

It's a shame but that's the way BNET is at the moment. Post a tribute to your necro in our lost friends. RIP.

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

To be slightly more specific he:
    -fired some spells off at you
    -tp'd to town
    -hit the hostile button
    -the projectiles hit you

He likely used a script to accomplish this, though it is possible to do it manually. While you're in your lower levels *ANY" higher level could have a method of doing that to you. When you're in your higher levels *ANY* character could attempt it, but with a well built/geared character it's the sorks with their CM and huge IB damage that are the biggest threat, bonecros can also do it, but a successful non sorc/necro tppk is fairly rare. Or at least back in my day they were. Bowzons, bowadins, throwbarbs, twister (or tornado or whatever it is) druids just don't really have the damage needed to 1-3 hit kill a good character...though with the new runewords maybe something has changed that I'm not aware of so be careful around everyone anyways ^^

5. Nikech

Nikech IncGamers Member

Ah! I thought about something like that after I had posted. The druid had the hurricane skill (not sure about the name, the one that whirls around you) and I was wondering if it stays where you were when you tp back to town.

6. EnronZon

EnronZon IncGamers Member

*Huggles*!!

Regards,
    ~Sarah~

Jason Mraz is so hot!!

7. PoorCobbler

PoorCobbler IncGamers Member

my beutiful :eek: summoning necro just got tppked in a chant game :mad: :mad:

8. Nikech

Nikech IncGamers Member

Bad times for summoners? :(