Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just got a Lo rune, want to make fortitude sword.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by xSkeletor, Jun 6, 2005.

1. xSkeletor

xSkeletor IncGamers Member

Just got a Lo rune, want to make fortitude sword.

Hey all I just got my hands on lo rune and want to make a ww barb using fortitude runeword as his weapon. It's the only runeword I can afford and make at this time. I have a 4 socketed superior balrog blade (8%ed) in my stash and I figured it would be a good weapon to make fortitude with. I figure the 300% ed and other good stuff will make him a good killing machine.

I plan to max bo, sword mastery, ww, shout, maybe max beserk. I plan on being mostly pvm but would like to go pvp eventually.

What do you guys think of fortitude superior balrog blade?

2. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Fortitude sword, or in any other weapon, will be one of the worse ideas to make use of a Lo rune...just forget about Fortitude weapons. Better make Grief in a BA or even better, trade the Lo rune for a decent Grief BA (34+ias and highest dmg u can get)

3. xSkeletor

xSkeletor IncGamers Member

hmmm well after looking at both grief and fortitude, grief seems to have the edge. One mod on grief that I do not understand is "adds 310-400 damage" Is that just adding to your overall damage or the damage of your weapon? Sorry i'm not an expert with this stuff.

Also, I lust for swords and would not want to use a beserker axe with my barb. Wouldn't grief be badass with a sword? I want to ww and use beserk? What kind of sword should I be on the lookout for and why? Plz explain as much as you can. Thank you.

4. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

as taz said, fortitude in any weapon is a waste of a lo rune. fortitude in an armor is much much better than in a weapon. or make a grief as taz suggests. but never make a fortitude weapon.

edit: grief only fits in 3 swords: phase blade, colossus blade, and colossus sword. if you ever plan on using your grief on another character, then i recommend phase blade, since a paladin could use it 1handed (since only barbs can hold the colossus swords 1handed).

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

For all barbarian attacks, it's added to the weapon dmg. The mod has a few quirks though, as you'll see the +310-400 dmg being added to the final dmg in the lying character screen.

Edit: Grief fits in Crystal Sword/Dimensional Sword/Phase Blade, Flamberge/Zweihander/Colussus Sword and Great Sword/Executioner Sword/Colussus Blade. Putting it in the elite swords is usually a waste of stat points in PvP, although the Phase Blade is lightning fast.

6. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

avoid a fort weapon like the plague.
    i would add to the Lo and offer for a 34ias high damage grief zerker axe. also avoid grief phases... dont buy into the hype... aside from the speed their lack of range is crippling.

7. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

actually just 1 sword is ideal-zweihander,enough base speed to hit lwbp regardless of ias roll.cb will be the biggest gamble needs to roll perfect 40% ias.phase suffer from range disadvantage.So generally if you are bvc & plan to dualwield you'll have to take a little gamble with zerker (need 34% ias) or if BVB you can play safe with zweihander.

Rik

8. JME

JME IncGamers Member

In my humble opinion since you already have the Lo rune now go ahead and make a fort ARMOR. Then accumulate the currency or items to trade for the grief. That way you can avoid the hassle when you are looking to make your barbs armor and find another Lo rune. Also the 300ed (I think thats right) will make whatever weapon you use in the mean time that much better.

9. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

I agree with JME. A lot of unique weapons are just as good when combined with the fortitude armor. Wait let me rephrase that, unique weapons are pretty good when combined with fort armor. If you used something like djinn slayer, or azurewrath, or lightsabre, or even an upped headstriker with fort armor, you should be able to kill stuff in hell without much of a problem, which provides you with a better chance of survival, and likelihood at finding more runes with which to make a better weapon. I have a djinn slayer and a frostwind if you want you can have it free. Depending on the lower runes you have, you might make a decent lower level runeword weapon too. Oath comes to mind... anyway let me know if you want the djinn or frostwind.