Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just getting back into it after 3 years...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by BartoktheMad, Nov 21, 2006.

1. BartoktheMad

BartoktheMad IncGamers Member

Just getting back into it after 3 years...

I'm looking for some cheap builds to start up, any characters. I'll be playing them in D2 Classic until I get my LOD back, but I want to start some characters that are cheap and effective to go into hell, as I'll be starting from scratch with no good items. HELP?

2. thetzen

thetzen IncGamers Member

I've pretty much always sucked at this game and found it to be very hard, but the Fishymancer is probably the easiest character I've ever played. I followed the guide in the necro forum sticky thread and just equipped pretty much anything I found with MF on it. Walk in the park through normal on /players 8, save for Diablo (ouch) and Duriel (wasn't level 24 [I think] so no decrepify). Just starting out on nightmare and it seems more tedious (takes more time to kill things) than hard. Might drop it down to players 4 or 6.

Good luck.

3. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Cheap startup characters would be socreress or necromancer class. Since you posted in every Strategy forum this same question you'll get answers there with build types.

4. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

I have found that the two builds that were the easiest to play and the least equipment dependant were the Lightning Javazon and the Frost Zealot. These two are pretty much unstoppable until Hell, and even then. . .they still kick major butt, just slower.

Alot of people recommend sorcs and necros, but I do not at all find them easy to play. Fun- yes. Easy- No. Plus you almost HAVE to have good equipment for them come Nightmare time.

Druids, Assassins, and Barbarians are all fun as well, but again I find them more challenging to play in Nightmare without good equipment- and you're constantly switching skills (Pets, Warcries, & Traps come to mind) which makes them more challenging to play.

Just my opinion though- Hope it helps. . .

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Summoning necros are by far one of the easiest builds to play, and they're also a relatively safe build for MFing, rushing, etc.

Pure cold [Blizzard] sorcs are another choice, if you want a fast and strong MFer to do meph, Andy, Pindle, etc to build up your wealth.