Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

just found 19/19/7 annihilus!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Hey Steve, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Hey Steve

Hey Steve IncGamers Member

just found 19/19/7 annihilus!!!

yeh!!!!! my first one! actually sharing it with a friend, cause we play together and killed him together, but yeh nonetheless! 19 all attributes, 19 all resistances, 7% exp gained! :clap:

2. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

Cool, must have been on 156 when it popped, u on Ladder?

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Congrats! Good one!

4. Hey Steve

Hey Steve IncGamers Member

thanks, yeh i'm on ladder. currently this char is level 81. i have a level 90 pally i had made a while ago, but i decided to just mf for fun, try to complete sets, that sort of thing. im not sure what the counter was on, i imed my friend to see what he was doin and he goes "JEEZ HOLY CRAP DIABLO IS WALKIN THE EARTH IN MY GAME COME HELP!!!" it was lucky cause i was going to play dark cloud 2 or make a sandwhich, but i saw him online and imed him. also lucky cause his game name was "bring skulders," and no one came in... i had to transfer to my old lvl 90 guy so he could tank him... was a conviction pally, had resists all over 90 with g angel on, max block. had a hwanins belt lying around. he was a trap assassin, so it worked out. lvl 90 merc with reaper's toll slowed him a bit, dracul's saved me a few times. a fun experience to say the least. :thumbsup:

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Never seen one, never seen DC either.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The same goes for me.

7. Lord Chaos

Doubt I ever will see either...*shrugs*

Even if I did, I propably couldn't even defeat him, since I don't have 1337 equipment and I don't trade.

Maybe I should start trading or something...dunno.

8. MiNdBeNdEr

MiNdBeNdEr IncGamers Member

When exactly is it DC spawns? Non-passworded games? i got the counter going a few times but it always dies out.. Plz explain this for me.. PM me plz..

Thx.. =)

9. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

You really don't need elite equip. to beat DC, just the right combo. A Hammerdin with max resist and some cheap absorb equip like Blackhorns and Dwarfstar for example.

There are ways to better your chances for a DC spawn too.
    I leave games up overnight and that has worked out well for me. The past 2 mornings I have been greeted by the "Diablo walks the Earth" message. Very lucky, yes. But it has worked for me many other times as well.

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I don't think .156 ever walked. It was on standby for almost 48 hours and then finally declared dead. If he got it today, he might have been on .71 or .23 (if he plays on West that is).

The day before yesterday, I finally upgraded from a 12/12/10 to a 20/17/10. I was pleased.

I have a few that I want to give away. If you play on USWest Ladder, Lord Chaos, I'd be happy to give you one. PM me with your account name sometime if you're interested. I know you've been looking for a charm for a long time now.

MiNdBeNdEr, if I find some time I'd be happy to PM you with the information you are looking for. It's a long explanation though. :p If I don't get to you within a couple days, just PM me a reminder. :)

Hey Steve, congrats on your new charm. It's a nice one too! :)

11. Lord Chaos

eh....unless you cheat, you're not supposed to be able leave games running, they will drop your game after X time of inactivity.

12. Lord Chaos

Thanks for the offer :)

I sadly get poor pings on US servers, so I don't play them. :/ Would be nice if there was more DC hunters in Europe...I am far too non-1337 to ever be a good hunter of those I think.

13. Bonesman

Bonesman IncGamers Member

I've seen him twice, once a friend invited me into a game, I thought I would never get the charm anyway, so I put it off, and he kept saying come on in, we're getting killed. So I said what the heck and joined the game. We all died like 40 times, but finally we did kill him and I was right up next to him and grabbed the charm. I don't remember the stats though. I think it's 18/17/8.

14. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

He's definately tough, but a character in his/her 80s can take him on with a little foresight. Here are some quick tips:

1. Gear with crushing blow/deadly strike help a ton if you are a melee. Using a shield with high/fast block is great for his slow but powerful melee attack.

2. Forget about leech (mana or life). It's useless. Keep potions handy (especially FRejuv).

3. Pack on as much poison dmg as possible. It won't hurt him, but it will help dampen his fast regen capabilities.

4. Amp Damage, Decrepify, or Lower Resist Curses are a godsend, either from a necro or a wand with charges. Which curse you should use depends on your personal needs or party makeup.

5. Max those resists if you can, especially fire and lightning! A little absorb can help a ton as well.

6. Having one or two friends to help with the kill makes the fight much easier. Everybody should attack from a different side (triangle or square formation is best).

7. Since you can choose where you want to spawn him, I recommend Rakinishu. You can use the Carin Stones for duck and cover/ hit and run tactics. If you have a large party or many minions or need open space, you can draw him out of the stone circle but still dive behind them when you need to dodge his pillar of fire or gulp down a potion.

Nah, you can park your character against the door in Outer Cloister to keep him active or stand out in Blood Moor (after killing everything that is) and place something heavy on your mouse to make him do a skill repeatedly (the Cloister trick is better though).

Of course, you can just play in an active game until he walks, but that can take a long time. 4-24 hours in fact. Also, sometimes a particular IP count will simply expire without a DC spawning. I hate it when that happens. :lol:

15. BongRipper420

BongRipper420 IncGamers Member

There's a couple tricks I've heard to get around this, and one has actually worked for me. All you have to do is get your character stuck in a running action without moving anywhere, so the game thinks you're still active and playing.

The easiest way I've found to do this is to go to the outer cloister waypoint and run down like you're going to the tamoe highland area, but don't open the first door that you come to. Clear out all the monsters around the door area and then position your character along the wall and to the right of the door. Now click on the door and your character will run towards it but you will be stuck on the wall in a running position never actually reaching the door itself.

It also helps to have a merc with you, just in case, so you don't wake up in the morning naked in the chat room.

I also type in the command /fps before I start because I heard this may help keep you in the game as well.

16. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

i have games open as well, a tip to hold game active

Get a char, that can use a skill IN TOWN!
    A sorc/druid/pala/ etc
    For sorc, i just keep casting EShield (tape on mouse button or something heavy)
    Druid keeps casting oak
    Pala keeps casting HShield

I know for sure it can keep the game up for 10 hours.

17. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

The best one I've ever had was 20/20/8

18. MiNdBeNdEr

MiNdBeNdEr IncGamers Member

I'll give it a try tonight, But does it have to be a Hell game? I'm thinking about my res and so on... :scratch: :rant:

19. Lord Chaos

Aren't we moving over into the category of exploits now...this is akin to a bot just keeping you in game where you're not supposed to.

20. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

Where does it say duct tape is a cheat?