Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just curious to know..

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Starseed, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Just curious to know..

How many people here have a character now who might be rich or relatively well off that started off without being twinked/rushed anything like that? Just playing and building up without endless hours of runs & stuff?

Been meaning to try that for awhile now but I'm a lazy bish heh.. :yawn:

2. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Well, you got me there. I played through untwinked and unrushed but Meph/Pindle/Pits have served me well.

MF takes time, whether you are specifically mfing or not. If you're just playing the game or questing all the time, the chances are that you won't score as many good items then someone who runs a boss over and over.

If anyone has done what you describe, then he or she must play a helluva lot.

3. Starseed

Well, I don't necessarily mean NEVER MFing or anything but, say someone who does all 3 difficulties quest by quest, then afterwards maybe start MFing as retirement. Granted it would take quite a bit of luck along the way in terms of drops but I don't think it'd be impossible to accomplish.

And also, I'm not excluding trading, either. I just mean starting a char. off without a stash full of eq to use later on or anything of the sort, nor doing the usual 1-24, 25-50, 50-70 rush formulas.

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Hmmm, as a matter of fact my werewolf druid (who was also my first 1.10 character) did exactly that. He soloed through the entire game quest by quest relying only on the items he found along the way. I needed to get into a group to handle the hell ancients and there were some very difficult bumps along the way, but he made it.

He's level 95 now. I still haven't really twinked him -- aside from his charm collection, a dual-leech rare ring, and the 3 socket aegis used to make a Sanctuary, everything on him was self-found -- by that character in his own games.

However, he was very very lucky in the drops department and I had alot of difficulty with certain parts of the game.

He started full-time baal runs/group play at about level ** or 89.

5. Starseed

Nice. :D

I'm thinking of doing that with a Zealot as my kind of farewell character (since I leave for Chicago in a few months) but the main problem I run into is stat points, which then leads me to start pre-choosing gear so I can predict point placement.. which then means I'm just back to running meph/pindle with my sorc to find things to trade for him and then I have another char. with an entire rig waiting for him, which means I get excited to wear it which means I rush and in 2 days, mess around and soon I have a new mule. :lol:

6. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

My first real planned character, an Amazon. I had no equipment, no mules, nothing. She was the first character I took past Nightmare and Hell and the first character I played seriously and planned out her stats and skills. I got her to level 99 before I made any other characters. She did a bit of MFing and I traded the stuff she found to eventually build up the M'Avina's set for her.