Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

just curious if anyone plays komodo mod

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg Banned

just curious if anyone plays komodo mod

just checkin it out heard from a friend

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Firstly. The SPF doesn't really condone playing mods and such, as it's against the diabloii.net rules or something. I mean you can play them and talk about them but not link to them and whatnot.

Secondly. Your post lacks information. Your post was technically considered spam.

What is the mod about? What changes are made? Is it a simple mpq swap here and there or is it a huge install that changes the entire game as we know it?

Details are considered good form when you're posting something.

3. sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg Banned

u copy this folder thats in diablo then you have teh new one then you can swicht back and forth from nnormal to the mod the mod is just the same game with all new items is what ive been told

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

@sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg: I don't like your posts, they are all hard to read and mostly contains silly questions. (begging at trade forum, spamming multiple threads, asking about mods at SPF -it's almost like provocation) I don't like your forum name too. Maybe if you use capitals and punctuation...

To answer your question - most forumites play 1.10 single player only and don't want to mess with mods. So probably noone here play the Komodo mod. I have never heard of this mod, so I checked what is it. It seems to be some classic mod with changed graphics, added/revised skills and additional items.
    Your best bet is to search for a forum about Diablo Mods, unfortunatly i cannot give you a link. (The rules of this forum forbid that)

5. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

OK seriously, if you are going to stay around here, you need to at least pretend to be marginally intelligent. So far, you have contributed nothing to this forum, and you have frustrated a significant number of people. If you continue in the vain you have started, you will be banned for spamming. Get your act together, post intelligently, and for the love of all that is holy keep your mouth shut unless you have something insightful to offer.

Side note here: Can I ban someone for annoying me?

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

For my own sake, i sure as hell hope not. :uhhuh:
    Anyway, as others said, the vast majority of us dont play mods. However, if you search google for the mod in question you will most likely stumble upon a 'chilly' site that has an active forum that is dedicated to mods and mod making. ask your questions there.

7. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

If you're going to use mods that do something other than graphics changing why not use the god mod? The one that gives you lvl 34587 characters and every other drop is a BOTD?
    The reason a lot of people play SP is to get away from the mods/hacks/rudeness of bnet

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Laugh my furking ars off :lol: If I had a place to quote you..

or if I were allowed to sign my posts.. *cough*

9. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Just wasted about 2K of bandwidth. Bah. I'll second the motion to "sternly warn" and later ban this form of abuse.

10. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

What about a new rule stating that if the majority of the forum wants a member banned, that member be banned?

11. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

"You're voted off the island!"

12. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

:D

Oh, don't bring reality TV into this.

:D

13. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

oh this is just silly, please... there are alot of mods out there and even though i ve tried only very little of them i can say that most of them are not cheat mods but mods taht just change the game play. different graphics, different items, different runewords...

i ve seen some mods which actualy make the gameplay much harder by decreasing the chances of dropping uniques or by making monsters even harder as they are in 1.10.

i ve seen a mod which up's the max lvl to lvl 5000 and made new areas which you owuldnt even survive entering as long as you arent around 1000-ish lvl !

even though i dont play these mods any more ( i tried some in my 5 years career specialy when 1.09 became boring but now 1.10 is challenging enugh ) i think you take the fear of drop-, exp- and whatever these cheat -mods were called quite too far here, as the majority of mods is not in that spirit but in the spirit of someone changing gameplay so he likes it more than befor. and most people that played this game for more than a week realized that the only thing you win whit cheat mods is free time cause you won t be playing the game any more cause it s boring.

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Thanks for setting a good example as a moderator, Krem. :thumbsup:

15. sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg Banned

u guys are fukin idiots i dont care if i get banned this is bull**** noone has any respect whatsoever talkin bout *****ing cause you dont understand the mod its not cheating and 2 why cant i ask if somone has a weapon in the trading forum what is wrong with that so fuk you there ... and i dont understand whats spamming here if you guys are gonna be dumbass's then shut the fuk up and dont talk to me this is annoying ... so if im gonna get banned so be it but its bull**** that you guys talk so much **** about stupid litlle questions i ask ..im just tryin to find things out so fuk
    off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on the name it was impossible to make one that said someone doesnt already have so i jsut did this name and it finally worked jeez

16. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

thread reported.

17. sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

sfgsdfgsdfgsdfg Banned

let me report it for ya ill send him a pm

if he would ban someone over stupid **** like this then this forum is **** to me ...poeple dont know stuff so poeple talk **** to them then the mod takes all their sides and bans someone ahahhahaha if thats what goes on around here awesome ill pm him that its reported

18. Dodgydave

If you'd like an answer to your original question here it is. No, I doubt anyone has any experience playing that mod. As you have seen no one here (my self included) even seems to know what the mod does.

You could try searching Google for it. That may be of some help.

I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful, but discussion of mods is not generally accepted here.

Cheers,
    Dave

19. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

honestly i am kinda' dissapointed. Though sdfg*5's way of starting this thread was certainly not the best way to start a good discussion, most of your replies are not a bit more intelligent imho. This whole thread is exactly like 12-year-old-bnet style flaming except that you can all use proper english (well, good job, but still doesn't justify anything). Most of the internet gaming communities I fled from has flaming as the only possible reply to something that is different from their standards (See NF's post on the marvelous WC3 community for ex.), I have not spent a long time here, but i tought most of you were mature enough to be at least slightly more tolerant than that.
    For a Fire Enchanted Unique's sake, it's a game, nothing serious. Lead by the best intentions, I suggest all of you to sit down, drink a beer, take a sunbath, than spend a minute thinking about how you made this world better by offending/bashing this fella' here.

20. Dodgydave

Admitedly this thread did degenerate rather badly. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.