Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just curious about Uber Diablo

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CowZow, Aug 22, 2010.

1. CowZow

CowZow IncGamers Member

Just curious about Uber Diablo

Sorry if this sounds dumb.

So I know that the uber diablo boss is activated once the total number of SoJs sold to a vendor reaches a certain threshold. So my question is, Are you supposed to stockpile like 50 Stone of Jordans and sell them all at once to start the boss? Because it seems like with all the people selling anni charms that they're able to kill uber diablo pretty frequently.

So i guess my real question is, once i get to Hell, what's the best way to maximize my chances of getting into uber diablo? Is it just random all the time? Or do you need some coordination?

2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Re: Just curious about Uber Diablo

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223863, Part 3: How to find Diablo Clone

I got one diablo walk during this ladder, accidentally, when joining trade game with the AFK trader and the walk message, but when you're in a team, 5 walks per day should not be a problem. As you can see, people are constantly buying SoJs on ladder and nonladder, so you know the purpose.

3. CowZow

CowZow IncGamers Member

oh haha, thanks. i'm still surprised though at how many people would vendor so many SoJs. but i guess that's what has to be done

4. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Actually, not every "stones sold to merchants" message is triggered by selling SoJ. The game increases this value by 1 from time to time, and once it becomes "hot" (close to the next pop-up treshold), manual sellings start taking place. So when you see one message, it doesn't mean anything, and when you see 2 messages in a single game, you're to be expecting DClone pop-up.

5. Flip10thMtn

Flip10thMtn IncGamers Member

Singles sold can also be sellers checking what a server is at; from what I've read.

This ladder has been quite strange with many singles-doubles-tripps sold not garnering a walk. I've actually had a 7 line sell not pop him. I've also had a single SOJ sold message and wasn't actively playing. The server popped D-Clone 5-10 mins after that 1 message without another message appearing? I thought that was wierd?

I'm idleing on server 25 (US W) since I got 14870 - 14871 - 14873 sold messages early this AM. Game is still up (which is almost unbelievable) but no action for 18+ hours. :(

Idleing in games can work; I've got 2 legit accounts on 2 systems (Desk & Lap top) and have 7 anni's since June. No the best track record but it's no effort.