Just cube a godly small charm

forestman

Diabloii.Net Member
Just cube a godly small charm

Heard hell baal give the highest charms for cubing , was managed to snatch a small charm earlier from baal public runs.

Immediately try to burn all my pgems into it... guess what ...after almost close to 50pgems ++ wasted.. i got a ........

small charm of 330 poison dmg in 10 sec.

wohoo... not sure how rare this cubing is.. but i was happy, just wana share my joy :)

tintrail

Diabloii.Net Member
forestman said:
Heard hell baal give the highest charms for cubing , was managed to snatch a small charm earlier from baal public runs.

Immediately try to burn all my pgems into it... guess what ...after almost close to 50pgems ++ wasted.. i got a ........

small charm of 330 poison dmg in 10 sec.

wohoo... not sure how rare this cubing is.. but i was happy, just wana share my joy :)
i would say it is pretty rare, but if i recall correctly, you can get up to 450 psn damage on a small charm or there abouts. it is a pestilent small charm of pestilence that gives such damage i think. still a very nice cube, congrats man.

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
Apologetix said:
i think the higest pd on a sc is 383.
that was due to a display bug that was fixed in 1.10 -- highest listed pd on a sc is now 451 (it was always 451, just listed at 383).

steve2677

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i thought nihlithak dropped the godliest charms of all including 45 life skill gcs. If so id do him if youre willing to let go of pindle (i know i am) and cube those. Esp for trades as those will be godly to trade :D

forestman

Diabloii.Net Member
Forgot to mention:

its call ...

Prestilent small charm of venom
Required level 80
330 poison dmg in 10 sec.

FinalGodSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi all,

Nice charm mate!

With regards to the highest level Eq, I would have thought you would have done well with any charms found in the best MF areas such as the Pits (see the Pits guide below, if the url gets old, try searching on http://strategy.diabloii.net for "pits")

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=532

I play single player and use Atma to stash my items - this shows the Ilvl of the items. I keep every charm I find in there, so I can reroll etc, and I've just checked and most of them are Ilvl 85+ becuase I grabbed them in the pits. The mods on them at present are rubbish, but the Ilvl is what counts for the reroll I believe?

Plus it's easier to grab them from there than try to grab from a public boss drop I guess?

- Final -

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
i got a gc and a sc form the mausoleum ....sc turned out to be a 100spdc

gc was crap though..gonna try cubin it

Arreat summit says
PREFIXES
Septic +15 Poison Damage Over 3 Seconds Small Charms(18)
Foul +50 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds Small Charms(39)
Toxic +100 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds Small Charms(63)
Pestilent +175 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds Small Charms(**)

SUFFIXES
Blight +6 Poison Damage Over 3 Seconds Small Charms(9)
Venom +15 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds Small Charms(20)
Pestilence +25 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds Small Charms(32)
Anthrax +50 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds

Suppose they are wrong? I don't understand poison, but I think it's because the suffixes have shorter times, so it makes the pestilent show up as high damage over a longer time.

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
steve2677 said:
Hmm i thought nihlithak dropped the godliest charms of all including 45 life skill gcs. If so id do him if youre willing to let go of pindle (i know i am) and cube those. Esp for trades as those will be godly to trade :D
nihlithak has a TC of 97, baal's is 99. so both are good, technically baal is best.

FinalGodSlayer said:
With regards to the highest level Eq, I would have thought you would have done well with any charms found in the best MF areas such as the Pits (see the Pits guide below, if the url gets old, try searching on http://strategy.diabloii.net for "pits")
the pits have monsters lvl 85-87 or thereabouts. as I stated earlier, baals is 99, which is a much better lvl for cubing.

--fatty

FinalGodSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep, you know what, you're right! :worship:

My MF necro is making slow progress through act2 hell at the moment, I haven't got through to Baal yet. Maybe I'll mule off all my MF stuff for a bit and load up on +skills to get me there in good time.

Dalron

Diabloii.Net Member
ƒenris said:
Arreat summit says
PREFIXES
Septic +15 Poison Damage Over 3 Seconds Small Charms(18)
Foul +50 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds Small Charms(39)
Toxic +100 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds Small Charms(63)
Pestilent +175 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds Small Charms(**)

SUFFIXES
Blight +6 Poison Damage Over 3 Seconds Small Charms(9)
Venom +15 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds Small Charms(20)
Pestilence +25 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds Small Charms(32)
Anthrax +50 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds

Suppose they are wrong? I don't understand poison, but I think it's because the suffixes have shorter times, so it makes the pestilent show up as high damage over a longer time.
When the charm has a poison prefix and suffix the duration is added. Therefore you can work it out like this.

Prefix Pestilent : 175 over 6 Seconds = 175/6 = 29.16666 Dam / Sec
Venom : 15 over 4 sec = 3.75 Dam / Sec

29.16666 +3.75 = 32.9176 Damage Per Sec

Times 10 Seconds = 329.176 (rounded up to 330)

(Some margin of error here because the pestilent one is actually 29.166666666 recurring.

Pestilent Charm of Anthrax =

175 over 6 Seconds = 175/6 = 29.16666 Dam / Sec
50 over 6 = 8.33333333 Dam / Sec
= 37.49 Dam / Sec

6 Sec + 6 Sec = 12 Sec * 37.49 = 450 Over 12 Secs. (That right?)

Thats how I see it anyway.

tinytrix

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick question that despite my best efforts I have been unable to find regarding this topic. When you are cubing these charms can you continually cube charms over and over again ? (and this works on Nl as well correct?)

Sorry for the basic questions but i have just started playign again and have been unable to find the answers :scratch:

Dalron

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes thats what people do. Cube charms again and again till they get something good (or more often in my case run out of gems!)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Dalron said:
Pestilent Charm of Anthrax =

175 over 6 Seconds = 175/6 = 29.16666 Dam / Sec
50 over 6 = 8.33333333 Dam / Sec
= 37.49 Dam / Sec

6 Sec + 6 Sec = 12 Sec * 37.49 = 450 Over 12 Secs. (That right?)

Thats how I see it anyway.
Close. The maximum poison duration on any item is 10.2 seconds, or 255 frames.

Pestilent does 299 bite dmg per frame for 150 frames.
of Anthrax does 86 bite dmg per frame for 150 frames.

Together they do 385 bite dmg per frame for 255 frames.
385 * 255 = 98175 total dmg

256 bite dmg = 1 poison dmg
98175 / 256 = 383.496 poison dmg over 10.2 seconds.

The game rounds it down to 383 over 10 seconds, but internally it still uses the bite dmg per frame.

Poison dmg is displayed hopelessly inaccurate in d2 :)

forestman

Diabloii.Net Member
if the charm is dropped by high lvl monster, just keep on reroll till u get satisfactory result, lol

As for my case, i do reroll few nice sc from first few attempts...
eg: +3 fasterrun/63 light dmg sc
20 life sc
15life /8 fire resist etc...

the rest cant remember...

In the end, get lucky with a 330pdsc :)