Just another question.

vendrox

Diabloii.Net Member
Just another question.

How much dex is needed to max out "Max Block" on the shield homunculus?

Thanks.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe that homonculus has 67 to block. Soooo....

Dex = Clvl x 2.24 +15

the 2.24 is rounded up after dividing (150/67)

So, at lvl 80 you would need approx 195 Dex.

Total Blocking = [(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]

vendrox

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, there was a formula for that kind of thing. How nice.

Anyways, Homunculus had a 72% chance to block. That'd make it..

Clvl * (150/72) +15 = dex

clvl 80 would then make ~ 182 dex (181.6).

And while we're at it, is it worth it? I'd need to put like 120-130 stat points in dex for that. And that's alot of hp :\

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
vendrox said:
How much dex is needed to max out "Max Block" on the shield homunculus?
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You can find a table on this site.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
vendrox said:

And while we're at it, is it worth it? I'd need to put like 120-130 stat points in dex for that. And that's alot of hp :\
Generally considered, no, it's not worth it to max block on a mancer.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
vendrox said:

vendrox

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

You can find a table on this site.
Thanks :) I'll might even stick around long enough to mold myself a golem.. One can never know.
Thought so aswell since my skelemancer (a fishymancer even) isen't really in the **** alot, but the guide mentioned something about max block in hell. So I just wanted to check it out :)

Thanks again.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Guides aren't the ultimate source of wisdom since they only give one viewpoint. And sometimes guides are plain wrong.

In this case it's more of a point-of-view issue, I'd say. I've never used blocking on a necro (Skelemancer and Bonemancer) --- I use Bone Armor to soak up the occasional physical damage that's getting through to me. I even has a 100% chance of soaking, rather than just 75% like the blocking would.

The points that I don't need for dex are well spent in vitality, IMHO. Vitality helps vs. elemental attacks beyond my maxed/almost maxed resists... and the most dangerous attacks cannot be blocked.

vendrox

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
Guides aren't the ultimate source of wisdom since they only give one viewpoint. And sometimes guides are plain wrong.

In this case it's more of a point-of-view issue, I'd say. I've never used blocking on a necro (Skelemancer and Bonemancer) --- I use Bone Armor to soak up the occasional physical damage that's getting through to me. I even has a 100% chance of soaking, rather than just 75% like the blocking would.

The points that I don't need for dex are well spent in vitality, IMHO. Vitality helps vs. elemental attacks beyond my maxed/almost maxed resists... and the most dangerous attacks cannot be blocked.
Yes of course, I just picked up the guide because this is the first mancer I've ever played. So I wanted some counselling to start with. Figured that'd get me started. So, Bone Armor.. I'll have alot of skill points to go with after the main build is done. Kinda deciding where to go :) -- Anyways, my little skellies kill really slow in Hell, kinda dissapointing.

But yeah, I'm untwinked this far, so I can't really expect 'em to rock - can I? :)