Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just a thought

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by luuuucifer, Mar 22, 2004.

1. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Just a thought

Instead of organizing these play match up things in advance, why don't we have a channel in every realm? THis way, there's no need to pre-arrange parties/games beforehand.

You can just pop into the channel, and say. "Ha! There are 7 people starting nightmare act1, I'll just get my char that's just starting nm act 1, and we'll have a big party!"

Any thought?

2. Mikedn

Mikedn IncGamers Member

Cool idea, I'd definitely use the channel if there is a sufficient amount of people in it. :)

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Sadly, this has been tried before but it was ultimately a failure. Man, I would love it if this site had a stable BNet channel that people would actually use. I'd be using it to fill out parties all the time.

4. luuuucifer

Why don't we try to bring it back?
    The last time someone tried this, did they spam all the forums? :)

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Don't forget to group by realms as well. Seperate channels for each realm would make things somewhat simpler.

The problem is that when you list any sort of channel here, anyone can view it, that includes people that you may not want in the channel and in game. Then again, you can play with whom you choose. Like I did with my Pit thread that sort of turned into a Pit/Baal run thing.

Don't forget to consider that playtimes vary for all here based on Time zone, work, school, and other real-life activities.

6. luuuucifer

Well, I am assuming that the people who actually take the time to come here and view the forums are more likely to be nice and friendily.

And another reason I really like the idea of a channel is that I (and many other ppl) play at sporatic times, and it's a real hassle to pre-arrange playing sessions.

When people play with "who they choose", a la your pit thread, it makes it really hard for "new"-comers to the forum to break into the established groups. For ex. if you already know 50 people in the forums very well, it wouldn't make sense for you to include a stranger to a pre-arranged party.

I guess my point is that having a channel would be a quick and easy way for new and old forum members to meet each other and get to know each other thru random games.

What's a good name for a channel? how about d2netwest/d2neteast...

7. Alkanine

Alkanine IncGamers Member

in 1.09 they had a channel to make parties in but it ended up being the target of spammers and people that wanted rushes. You could hardly organize a party because the screen was full of spam.

8. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

well we also need sum1 to keep their comps up all day and make a channel moderator there the whole time for each realm

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

An improvement to the idea is to group with the people you want to play with here, and then one person Pm's everyone that is included in the group the channel name. That's what I did in my Baal/Pit run thread. The idea went far and we had several good games running Baal and some Pit games.

Besides myself, there were Usufruct, Voldemort, Uncleanspirit, Mistress, and several others. It got to the point where we had more than 8 ready to play and could even run two games at the same time.

True, the group I started fell apart after about 3 weeks, due to everyone's schedules, but some of us still keep in touch and help each other out with quests and gear. I have been allied with Usu and Voldemort prior to the group forming and afterwards, Uncleanspirit has become a valued ally as well.