Just a simple ww sin question

DevilsWrath

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a simple ww sin question

I was lookin for some figures on how much dmg a ww sin should do with prebuffed venom and everything. With prebuffing my sin does about 4k-4.8k ww. I still need a few gcs and some facets in some of my prebuff gear and some wicked +3 shadow/+venom claws. How much dmg do your ww sins do?

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
4.8kWW seems okay to me. My WW sin did a lot less than that if I remembered correctly and she had 10SD charms.

DevilsWrath

Diabloii.Net Member
that makes me feel better, but im confident with the right gear and all i can hit 5-6k so thats what im aimin for

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
gunske said:
7.2 / 6.8 k chaos/fury
devilswrath said:
I was lookin for some figures on how much dmg a ww sin should do with prebuffed venom and everything. With prebuffing my sin does about 4k-4.8k ww. I still need a few gcs and some facets in some of my prebuff gear and some wicked +3 shadow/+venom claws. How much dmg do your ww sins do?
If those are the actual numbers in the damage field (gunske), and not the modified poison numbers for the hell PLR penalty, then you have sacrificied too much for damage. If you are doing a massive equipment change for pre-buff and then going back to more flexible dueling set-ups, then the numbers are somewhat misleading, as very few people want to spend time before every re-casting of venom to change equipment. I have tried pre-buff with top-notch equipment and it really slowed everything down. It's only worth it for certain competitions and the like that allow it. When I duel someone and they run to the stash for a big pre-buff before every duel I eventually unhostile them and ask someone else to duel. I don't feel like waiting between duels while people buff their poison and/or buff their battle orders. If you're going to fight, fight.

In any event, you can beat all melee but ww barbs w/o having that much damage. And you'll not beat GOOD ww barbs no matter what you do. So, if you can beat everyone beatable with half that damage (assuming that's listed damage w/o massive pre-buff), why give up important things like mobility, fast cast, res, FHR, etc.? It simply means that the good people, who can avoid your hits will dominate you, because all you have is your damage and the hope for a hit, a hope greatly reduced by sacrifices made in getting extreme damage.

Winning a duel is often mistaken by people to be tied most closely to max damage. This is an erroneous assumption. Winning for an assassin is tied just as much to trapping, stunning, being quick at evading, having good res/block, having minion stack, using good tactics generally, etc.