Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just a question!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by perihagen, Oct 4, 2006.

1. perihagen

perihagen Banned

Just a question!

Hi, battle command gives 1 to all skills, and my question is "do the plus skills from battle command give bonus to the other skills?

2. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

well battle command raisse all your skill by 1.

more points in battlecommand result in it during longer, so usually people simply put 1 point in it and count on synergy to have it last longer.

3. perihagen

perihagen Banned

battle command

I mean if i have 20 to fire ball, fire bolt, meteor and fire mastery, I will have 21 to all with bc. Do fire ball get synergy from f bolt and meteor? If i have an item with + skills it will not give synergy. But with bc..?

4. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

I assume you mean from CtA... The weapon has a plus one to all skills... What "all skills" means is ALL skills... This means that no matter what skills you have on your sorc, they will all increase by one just by having the weapon equipped... Cast Battle Command, and you will now have a plus 2 to those skills until you switch back to whatever weapon...

Again, by all skills, this includes skills that are granted by other items equipped... For example, the plus one to teleport granted by Enigma will get extra points from the +3 to all skills from HotO, from the +2 to all skills from Maras, from the +2 to all skills from HC Shako, from the +1 skills from the SoJ, BK, and Arach, and I think the +2 to all skills from the Enigma itself...

HoZ will not add to it, because it is Paladin Skills only... However, if the hammerdin was to use a Spirit shield, you would get another 2 skills from it... Teleport would then be at level 12 without Spirit, and 14 with... BC would make that level 15 for a little while...

So, you figure, the BC/BO level of the CtA is going to be boosted by the amount of plus all skills items that you are wearing when you cast it... This is why a lot of people keep a Lidless Wall shield, or a Spirit shield on switch with the CtA so as to boost the amount of time they will have a plus 1 to all skills and bigger life/mana...

In short, no... Your meteor, fire ball, etc., will not be level 21, but 22 because of the plus one to all skills mod on the CtA itself... Every level for every skill/synergy will be increased and you'll do much more damage... Factor in the other plus skills mods and you'll have like (guessing at max) 35 to all skills just from equipment alone... Add an Anni to that, and there is another point... Add a torch, and there is 3 to the class skills, but not the other "oskills"... Add skill grand charms, and that is whatever to a certain skill tree of said class, but again, not the "oskills"...

I hope this clears it up a bit for ya, and if I am wrong on any of this, please, someone set me right...

*Requiem_Death

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Only hard points into a skill will serve for synergy purposes. In your example, although fire bolt and meteor would be increased via battle command (in addition to fireball), the increase will not provide a synergy bonus to fireball.

The +skill from BC is treated the same as an item-based +skill in this sense.

6. perihagen

perihagen Banned

But will the +skills to fire bolt and meteor from CtA (BO) give synergy to fire ball?

7. perihagen

perihagen Banned

okey thank you

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

No, synergy bonuses are only from hard points spent in the skill. Any +skills will not grant further synergy bonuses.

The only exception to this rule is Prayer's synergy to Meditation and Cleansing, and Spirit wolves, Dire wolves and Grizzly bear synergies. They are "soft" synergies, and you'll get the bonus from +skill items.