Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Just 2 sockets

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by chubbypuppy, Mar 24, 2004.

1. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Just 2 sockets

Hiya all. I was lucky enough to buy a +3 fireball staff. I want to put just 2 sockets in it so I can make Leaf out of it (and have like +5 fireball +2 fireskills, great at level 12 to have level 8 fireball!).

I read somewhere that Lazruk's quest gives max sockets, which on a staff would be 3. Does that mean my only option is to try my luck with the cube formula, which I believe gives random # of sockets?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Larzuk gives up to 6 sockets if the ilvl is 40+ or 4 sockets if it's 26-39 and 3 sockets if it's lower (or the maximum number, whichever is less). That means Larzuk cannot give you 2 sockets and you have to use the cube for a random number. The chance is only 1 in 6 that you will get 2 sockets, as it gives you 1-6 sockets and if the number is greater than the maximum possible, it will get the maximum number.

3. chubbypuppy

Darn

Thanks for the great reply. I guess it's safer to just make a lot of runs out of the act 2 city to find a 2 socket +3 fireball staff...

4. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

But why not
    1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
    The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

5. chubbypuppy

yeah...

That's what the previous poster said. But since (if Im right) the staff has a max socket of 3, then that means there's only 1/6 chance of me getting the correct # of sockets on this staff. It would just be quicker to run in and out of Lut Gulein in the hopes of finding a +3 fireball with 2 sockets.

I will try it, of course. But since this is totally untwinked, Amn is very precious and I need it for my merc's weapon :)

6. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

IIRC, Leaf has a lvl 19 requirement

7. chubbypuppy

Fart

You are right, I had a brain fart :) I usually use it at level 19 until I get the Orb or something.