Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Junk Charms

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Chinchilla Queen, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Chinchilla Queen

Chinchilla Queen IncGamers Member

Junk Charms

Obviously my level 62 sorceress hasn't been kissing the right butts, because she hasn't found a decent charm this whole game! Just a scattered collection of puny resistances. The best was a grand charm for One Night in Duriel's Lair (oooh, baby!). I can't call her completely unlucky. She found a SoJ (I never even SAW one of those pups before). Any advice?

2. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

MF% doesnt help you find charms..so don't go there!
    Try to collect a few 100 pgs, and find some sc or gc's from hell, act2 onwards or in the pit/any high TC area. Put 1 charm in the Cube, along with 3 pgs, and it will be rerolled. After about 15-20 'rerolles' u should have an average charm, ar a good one if your lucky! This seems to be the best method for getting great charms.

3. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

Yep! Grand charm rerolling is the very rewarding thing. I would suggest to look here for my research of this process.

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Nice research but its a bit too meticulous. Meaning you coulda said the same thing shorter and easier to understand.

1) Learn item drop sequences. Meaning items drop according to the monster you kill. The game decides wether its unique, set, magical, white, or other.
    MF is a factor in this drop, Number of players, the Monster Level you killed.

2) In your case becasue you want charms, you fall under OTHER. Since you fall under OTHER, mf doesnt help you get charms.

3) Once the item type is determined, the item gets stats. In your case the CHARM gets stats. Every stat has a level requirement. Thus if you want a certain prefix or suffix on your charm, kill mosnters close to that are above but near that level.

Fake example since to lkazy to look up level requieremnt skill chart. Its on D2 home page.

Say I want "+1 to Cooking". this is a prefix lets say. Prefix drops at elvel 57.

Thus Id kill crap(mosnters) level 57 and up but not to far up to narrow drop possiblities.

5. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

Well, it is specific for Statistics Forum posts. ;)

In simple words I wrote in conclusion:
    ================================
    By completing this researches I try to show that common idea of “you must do nm jungle runs to get best chances at skillers†isn’t completely right. NM Councils has the best chance/time ratio, so they are the best targets for skillers runs. Ilvl91 Grand Charms (Diablo, Diablo Clone, Baal and Nihlathak ones) have the best gain/time ratio.
    ================================

So the best way to get skill charms is NM Councils endless killing or cubing (charm + 3 perfect gems) charms, witch you found from strongest monsters (like Hell Baal).