Judging people

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member
Judging people

I find myself judging a player is by their screen shots (like when they want a price check and post an image instead of just typing the stats). What items it looks like they're using and how their inventory is laid out compared to mine. Anyone else do this?

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Judging people

I tend to judge people in games sometimes too. I judge that the person I recently met that thought it was okay to play a Red Half Dragon Paladin of Bahamut is an idiot. I also couldn't be arsed playing with people that make Drizzt Do'urden wannabe characters.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

There's so many idiots on the internet, you might as well weed out the ones who use words like "u" right away.

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

I blame AOL and their chat rooms for the people who don't type actual words.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member

Tanooki, I find your avatar very fitting.

I definitely judge people by how they type. If are making a request and can't take the time to phrase it properly, I figure they might not take the time to read my response. So I don't bother giving one.

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member

Of course you judge people on the internet :grin:
Especially in games, and not just by how they type.
Like when I play wc3, whenever I get matched against a Night elf, I just assume they are lame, abusing noobs and quit :rolleyes:

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

Yup. Though I didn't go to college there - if you were going to judge me ;)

Mcwhopper

Diabloii.Net Member

I judge people based on: Everything really. They way they type their posts. The way they use English. The way they speak. The way they act in games. The way they act in real life. The way they look.

I am a real *judge*....

Everything is questionable over the internet, be it forums, chat rooms, or games. Believe nothing unless you are acquainted with it in real life. Judge, based on possibly erroneous data, at your own risk.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member

Everything is questionable over the internet, be it forums, chat rooms, or games. Believe nothing unless you are acquainted with it in real life. Judge, based on possibly erroneous data, at your own risk.

I don't believe that.

CrimsonOmen

Diabloii.Net Member

Can't really judge people in the internets, but I can still call them retards and flame away.

Bortaz

Banned

I definitely judge people by how they type. If are making a request and can't take the time to phrase it properly, I figure they might not take the time to read my response. So I don't bother giving one.
Irony is one of my favorite things.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member

Shut up, you. There's a difference between typos and saying

"hai guyz, wut r u doing?"

zbouaerg

Diabloii.Net Member

The topic's idea should be more accurately phrased cause the word "judge" has quite a heavy load of context coming along. All stimuli have obviously an impact. Being judgmental is another thing altogether.
For me, it mostly depends on the mood i 'm in. But i do hate people that can't use the space of an inventory or refrigerator correctly and i wish they get clubbed in the face with a sledgehammer.

ougk

BobCox

Diabloii.Net Member

Tanooki, I find your avatar very fitting.

I never rush a "can you rush" request.
I just tell them yes, I Can...
If they type "Will You rush" I might.