Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Joyous Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aiglos, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

Joyous Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is the greatest day in my Diablo II history.

Hephasto dropped a clean Vex, the countess dropped a MAL, and in the same run...off a devilkin...I found a 45 res all, perfect regular DEF, sacred RONDACHE.

Bar none...my finest day ever.

Oh, and to those who rememember my earlier thread...I got a regular ETHEREAL Cryptic sword, and an Ethereal 4 os cryptic is on offer for me.

Could the day have been any better?

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

...imagine if you told that story to someone on the outside world. They would probably laugh at you for thinking D2 meant so much. Just a thought. :grin:

3. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

Nyax,

Here is the kicker. I'm a teacher, and some of my students know that I play. Anyway, yesterday, I was talking to one of my kids after school. And he was going on and on about how he found a perfect Fire Eschuta...I think he said.

And he was making fun of me, just a little bit...because I'm relatively poor in the Diablo II economy. He was just having a little fun, and we laughed about it.

But, oh, what a sweet day, and how the tables have turned.

*grin*

It's a little silly for someone to get so worked up over a game, I know. But I'm an English teacher -- dramatic by nature is a good descriptive. The point is, I've played this game a long, long, long time both single player and now BNET. I struggled for so long just to break into the economy legitimately. I don't trade high runes that I know are dupes, and I don't dupe, and I play straight up. Every piece of 'godly' equipment I have...I've earned. I socketed my 1600 DEF, 30 res all, Great Hauberk, Fortitude...with a Lo I found myself.
    I found my own Shako, and although I didn't find my Hoz...I did up and Um it myself.

It's silly, but still noteworthy in my eyes. It's still achieving something that I've been trying to achieve for a long time.

Heck, even my fiancee was excited. She plays just a bit...and she knows how closely I follow the economy. She was sitting there when the Rondache dropped, and I just turned...and she got the biggest grin on her face.

Now that's love and devotion. *grin*

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Congrats on the finds. I know how great it feels to find something great every once in a while.

5. Bad Religion

Bad Religion Banned

Ya man shes a frickin keeper, a woman that aproves of you playing diablop. That's rarer than a fallen dropping a zod :)!!

6. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Congrats on the great finds...mal and vex in the same game WOW.
    What plans for the sacred rondache?I made a phoenix in a 44 resist that I found earlier in ladder.
    Also you do realise that the etheral cryptic sword you have will get 4 sockets from larzuk dont you?

7. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

lag,

plans for the shield. I'm undecided. It's a hard choice between making a Phoenix or Spirit. I may just not push my luck, 4 os it, and let folks have it on the auction block.

As to the cryptic: I do realize Larz will 4 os it. I put out the call earlier today, and it's just such a strange weapon to be ISO, ya know? I've never actually seen anyone that had a 4 os, ethereal, cryptic sword in an ISO. Maybe a werewolf druid? Strangely, however, I had a guy just drop me a line saying he was holding onto an eth one today. I had another guy offer me a 4os for Um -- seems high, since there is apparently no market for them whatsoever. Everyone wants nice axes to make Oath in, but I just prefer the look of the Cryptic.

Anyway, that's pretty much it.

I finally REALLY broke into the economy tonight. Hopefully, someone will offer 50 high runes for the shield. Maybe if I'm lucky, REALLY LUCKY, 5 of them won't poof by the next day...*big grin*

8. roomba

roomba IncGamers Member

Just perm the Hrs and you're good. I've had my 110~ HRs for about at least a week now just by perming.

9. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

roomba,

Yeah, but I've still had several poof. In fact, I think we traded you and I...and one of the Jah you gave me poofed. I'm not angry about that, so please don't be offended. I was more than happy with what I received. I think I may have actually traded you the Zakarum Spirit -- is that right?

Still, perming is such a pain. And it becomes confusing. People say so many different things about it. Admittedly, I even feel a bit guilty trading for high runes. But if we didn't then we could never experience what it was like to have the ultra expensive runewords. I know Blizz meant for them to be very rare, but come on...when the odds of a Zod dropping are literally in the hundreds upon hundreds of millions to one range, well, that's a bit ludicrous.

Still, I will never knowingly trade a dupe to another player. I will keep them all and play private games until I have socketed everything I want to socket and then I will go back into pub games.

Besides, I've tried perming...Jah and Ber don't stay. It's that simple. I've had two Jah poof on me in a week. Anyway, thanks for the advice.