Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

John TItor?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by th5418, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. th5418

    th5418 Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    Messages:
    9,741
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
  2. Canadia142

    Canadia142 Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    Messages:
    5,973
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Oh man this is so old I feel like grandfather time.
     
  3. th5418

    th5418 Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    Messages:
    9,741
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    You watched Bernie Mac yesterday? Good, I'm going to slap you like how he "slapped" his father-in-law if i ever see you.
     
  4. Canadia142

    Canadia142 Banned

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    Messages:
    5,973
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Then I'll sue you, make you poor and then buy your broke *** a new car for your birthday
     
  5. 2nd.Regime

    2nd.Regime IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2003
    Messages:
    117
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Oh, I've heard of him... and I'm waiting for that civil war to happen :rant: hehehehe :lol:
     
  6. Hippie Holocost

    Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2003
    Messages:
    786
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Cliche in 5...4...3..2..1...

    Only time will tell....
     
  7. SuggestiveName

    SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    4,820
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    168
    Oh wow, I never though you'd find me here. Turns out the 5100 I brought back to my worldline was faulty, so I'm back again. I need to work fast if the 2005 of your worldline is similar to mine.
     
  8. Carnage-DVS

    Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2003
    Messages:
    3,169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    346
    So do you forsee my marriage to Anakamamajama in 2006 or do I have to kill another 50 Sarah Conners.
     
  9. SuggestiveName

    SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    4,820
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    168
    It would be unethical and impossible for me to comment on the future.

    That said, let's just say the wedding was swell but 2007 was less than awesome, and not all of it can be blamed on the swelling civil war...
     
  10. Freemason

    Freemason Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
    Messages:
    3,156
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    John Titor, the patron saint of the tinfoil hat crowd.
     
  11. Johnny

    Johnny Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2003
    Messages:
    9,101
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Too much doubt in there.
     
  12. Technetium

    Technetium IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Messages:
    1,533
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    466
    I read about that a little while ago. I find it really interesting for the philosophy of his message a lot more than whether or not he was truly a time traveller. If a massive world war which included a civil war were to erupt, how would we handle it? Would we cower in our homes in fear and hope that our failing government would bring back order for us, or would we take our future into our own hands and secure our and our families' safety? I also found it really interesting that his ideas on time travel (real or not) are exactly like my own theories... that you escape the cause-and-effect paradox of changing the past by causing a split in reality, where one direction continues as if you had not changed the past, and the other (which you've now put yourself on) assumes you did.

    I had a great time reading his posts on that site. If you go in and forget about trying to prove whether he is telling the truth or not, it's a lot of fun.

    I rank him about as high as Bob Lazar on the "interesting conspiracy theory/sci-fi story" list.
     
  13. CaptJoe213

    CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2003
    Messages:
    312
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    62
    I found it a quite interesting read. I do like the 'vision' of what he calls his future. The idea of society going back to smaller community based units is appealing to me. But then again, I'm a country boy, and prefer the simpler ways of life, well simpler ways + computers lol. Of course, the war and death part I could do without.

    He did say some things that did come to pass, removal of right to Patriot Act, holding people without due process to enemy combatants, and such. Now, I did not see the original stuff, so I could not verify if it was written after current events that produced those effects. To just believe it would be folly, I think, as would totally dismissing it would be the same.

    To accept it completely needs no explaination on why it would be a limited view. But to completely deny it would be to attempt the same clairvoyance that he claims to have. I cannot, and I dont think any person 'natural' to our timeline can either, predict how technology will evolve in the future. To say they cannot time travel at any point in the future seems to me to be arrogant. For all I know, in 10 years we may all have flying cars, phasers, and robotic wives (mmmm robot love). Since I dont know the future, I cannot honestly say it's not possible. But I also dont accept what he said as canon either.

    I do hope he is wrong, since the idea of all the death he described is something I think none of us wants to see. But he did seem to say some things that seemed to happen. Did he truly know? Or was it active imagination, lucky guesses, or intelligent speculation? I cant say, maybe he did come from the future. I cannot say with any authority that he did not. I cannot see the future, so I cannot know for sure, and I will not deny the possibility.

    I believe there is a 99% chance he's a fraud, but that 1% still remains. At the very least, the guy made me think about things, how I cannot deny him completely because no one has come back and asked my permission for how technology exists in 30 years.

    Thanks for sharin Tech, I've never heard of it before, and have enjoyed comtemptating the various explainations for this person's behavior.
     

Share This Page