Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jewels - It's what makes the world go round

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Jewels - It's what makes the world go round

Who is ready for some more of Kool69's endless threads of questions? I know I sure am.

• First off, do the modifiers magical items can get differ from what jewels can get?
    • If they do not is it possible to spawn a jewel called Massive Jewel of Precision with +51%-65% damage and +11-15 dex?
    • However now that I think about it I have seen "Jewel of Wrath" but I don't see the of Wrath suffix in the magical modifiers.
    • If they do go by a different list of modifiers does anyone know where I can find a list of them?
    • What areas can drop ilvl 20-24?
    • 3/4 Highest ilv = clvl to equip correct?
    • Round up or down always or normal rules 5+ round up?
    • On rare jewels now it is 2 prefixes 2 suffixes instead of the old 6 affixes correct?

Thank you everyone who reads these things and takes the time to type out the replies to all my questions ha :thumbsup:

-Kool69

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I think there should be a Cruel Jewel of Quickness.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic/jewels.shtml

Edit: Pwned by shermo :(

I don't get the below post. :confused:

Probably the correct ilvl. AS is rarely wrong. Except maybe for the new runewords and the tips on playing each character :lol:

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

5. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

6. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

:scratch: We play SP here. No need to squelch anyone. :)

7. AjustinMyJonson

AjustinMyJonson IncGamers Member

If Kool is right (and no one corrected him, so i guess he must be) and rare jewels has 2 prefixes and 2 sufixes, then could you theoretically have a jewel with 62-80% enhanced damage (ruby prefix twice?), and then 2 of the same sufixes? Like, say, 10-20 to max damage?

Or is there some sort of way that bnet has prevented this. Im thinking there must be because someone probably would have found one by now.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, the search feature doesnt like me right now.

8. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

some modifiers never spawn on rares, ruby is one of them, and you will never get the same modifier twice on a rare.

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Same group of mods rather, like ED, ED/AR, and such.

10. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

unless you get a damage prefix and suffix

11. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

All areas with monster levels equal to 20-24 can drop items with those item levels, iirc this is late act II normal and early act III. Note however that modifiers that need at least those item levels can come on items with at least that item level, so there is no real need to search for those specific item levels, I think the chance to get the modifiers needing that item level is higher on higher item levels, so I'd suggest continue questing and pick up any jewel you find and check it's modifiers. Also you can always (provided you have the gems) use the cube recipe three perfect gems plus magic item gives magical item of the same item level. For jewels I would not use that recipe but instead look for rare ones, and use the magic ones for crafted items.

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

This is a handy little calculator, but it looks like it is down right now. It has correct ilvl information, IIRC they are wrong at AS

13. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

A complete list of possible Jewel affixes is at http://www.d2data.net/item/affixes/affixes_idx2.html . I really don't know if you get 2 or 3 prefixes/suffixes on jewels, I always thought jewels are not different fronm other rares in this respect and other items get up to 3 each.

14. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Jewels are special and do only get up to 4 affixes, although these can include up to 3 of either type (ie 3+1, 2+2, or 1+3). I guess they figured since you can stick 6 of these in some items that 36 extra mods was a bit much :) Not that 24 extra mods isn't a lot too!

One of the main areas of weakness of the AS is their affix information. I trust d2data for theirs. Cormallon's link is a good one.

To cover all of Kool's other questions:

Every type of item has its own list of what can and can't spawn on it. Even Daggers and Swords have different sets of available affixes.

As said, two mods of the same "kind" can't spawn on a rare item unless they are a prefix and a suffix respectively.

In normal difficulty the monsters do not go by the area level, that is only NM and Hell. However, for ilvl 20-24 items you should look around the Kurast areas in normal.

Sometimes but not always. In D2C this was a strict rule, but when they released the expansion they wanted more flexibility. Now they specify the alvl (which is what you meant) and required level independently. Most of the time they have kept the old numbers and defined rlvl = alvl*3/4, but not always. You are best off looking at the d2data pages, where both are listed.

You always round down in Diablo, unless you are working backwards and need to round up to account for where the code rounded down. You never round >0.5 up and <0.5 down in either case.