Javazons can't cow?

lorax

Diabloii.Net Member
Javazons can't cow?

To start out I will like to point out that I haven't played Diablo2 for 1-2 years untill I tried it out again 1½ week ago. Now I'm lvl 48 (Geek) hehe.
But don't think that I'm new to this game.. In the sorceres guide library you will find a guide written by me.. (Bad spelling though)

So here's my problem:
I have read some guides lately and they all say that "the days of owning the cows with javazons is over"...
I just made this javazon and wanted to check it out..
And suprisingly I found no difficulty in killing them.
People talked of some cast delay, and I have noticed that with Plague Javelin you can not throw a new plague javelin within 2 secs..
But with lightning fury I could throw them as fast as my attack speed would allow me...

So now to the actual questions:
Is there something I don't know of? or can you still cowkill? What is this thing with 1.09 contra 1.11

I thank you if you have read this, and even more if you care reply...

Over and out from LoraX

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
LF owns cows. They are the fastest cowkiller there is. And if you also have a Infinity merc, you will get finish frying those hamburgers before you get started on the beer.

lorax

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't played that much amazone in my past, but sounds neat :)
Oh and infinity merc, what act/difficulty do i get that. Also what does infinity do?
Long time since.
oh and thank you

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't played that much amazone in my past, but sounds neat :)
Oh and infinity merc, what act/difficulty do i get that. Also what does infinity do?
Long time since.
oh and thank you
Infinity is a 1.10+ runeword, which gives conviction aura.

And yes, javazon can easily dispatch hell cows in player 8.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
Infinity is a ladder-only RW: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml
If you have just started, it will be to expensive for you atm. But when you get some funds you can buy a low one. You just need it for the lvl 12 conviction, so even the crappiest Infinity will do just fine. Conviction aura lowers resist and breaks most lightning immune monsters, except the Cow King. This is the very nice, because then you dont have to worry that you might accedently kill him with LF.

lorax

Diabloii.Net Member
You are most friendly, thank you.
What kind of merc would you suggest to use with infinity?

channimal

Diabloii.Net Member
The other night I happen to come across a small group of cow runners. The leader was a lvl 7x Javazon. For the next 2 hours we ran through so many (normal) cow games it was incredible. It was like watching dominos on crack fall down.. I went from lvl17 to lvl 32 so fast it made my head spin.

All the Javazon used was LF.

Konfu

Diabloii.Net Member
it's 21 to 25 lvl in cow normal (best exp)
then from 25 to 40 in cow nightmare - will go super fast, even up to lvl 50 or so :)

LF ownes cows, remember to have high pierce, thats the power behind LF in cow hell (use na razortail belt and lvl 9 pierce [with items] for 100% chance!!)

WrongdayJ

Diabloii.Net Member
I wondered this myself. I have no trouble killing cows. . .rapidly. I don't use LF either. A fully synergized Level 28 CS or even LS makes all the BBQ beef you can eat. I never played 1.09 though. Maybe LF was the fastest killing Lightning skill back then. I don't know.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not that Javas or MS zons (or novasorcs for that matter) can't kill cows, they actually do so better than ever.

It's just that cows are lvl 81 compared to 90 now, which makes exp and drops from them quite decouraging compared to 1.09 cows, which would drop anything, give great exp way past lvl 90 and as usual, show up in extreme numbers with no immunities.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
lorax said:
So here's my problem:
I have read some guides lately and they all say that "the days of owning the cows with javazons is over"...
that's not true at all, javzons are still by far the best cow killers

perhaps you meant bowzons here? bowzons have been hit by a nerf so they're not that great in cow lvl anymore, although still decent w/good gear

and as others have said, cow lvl is fairly bad xp now, although the item drops have good potential