Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Javazon vs bosses?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Corallis, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Corallis

Corallis IncGamers Member

Javazon vs bosses?

Ive got a level 66 javazon right now who is doing very very well so far with lightning fury and titans. I have been leveling on baal runs and everything has been going well, but then I decided to try a mephisto run on nightmare, and, well... killing mephisto took almost 10 minutes. Thats not including the time it took to get to him. Right now I only have LF and a few other assorted skills invested in, and Ive got 40 points saved. I need to figure out some way to kill bosses faster because Im going to want to do alot of runs like this with this character. Ive heard charged strike is good but it looks rather crappy to me. Why is it supposedly good?

2. Purkake

Purkake IncGamers Member

Get yourself a good bow+guided arrow

3. newbiexxx

newbiexxx IncGamers Member

Charge Strike all the way. Is the number 1 boss killing skill for Javazon. :winner:
    + point Charge Strike>>> synergies to your other lightning skill.

4. corby000

corby000 IncGamers Member

check out the lightning javazon sticky by Jek. great info for a pure lightning javazon. basically charged strike hits the bosses with all 5 bolts, so your damage can be quite high. my java is only lvl 32 so i havent' tested it yet, but that's the route i plan on going. i'll probably just use my merc, and valk, and jab for the LI's.

5. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

max it

that's enough to say... i can kill 8ppl game meph easily

6. fgh24

fgh24 IncGamers Member

i have made quite a few javazons in 1.10, cs owns bosses, max it my friend does around 33k light dmg. All the bolts hit end bosses add in a lower resis wand and u have complete ownage. trust me max it for end bosses

7. GlacialPhoenix

GlacialPhoenix IncGamers Member

Charged strike works very well on my zon against bosses

8. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

fury javazon fighting bosses is like hammerdin fighting in maggot's lair. you gotta change your strategy/skills. i remember reading a guide before, it asked a question like "are you willing to sacrefice the rest of the game and spend your life in eternal cow killing?" the idea here is stop wasting time on killing a boss that will give you a good drop, instead go for numbers of kills you can get else where and hope that quantity will make up for quality.

baal is the perfect example, alot of other classes don't even bother on killing him on baal runs, but just the minions.

9. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

Charged strike is probably the best boss-killing skill in the game, regardless of character class. At high levels of the skill you can get 8 bolts hitting the boss each attack with sick amounts of damage per bolt. I would recommend getting a thunderstroke on switch and using it to kill act bosses... the -lightning resist helps out a lot, and the +skills and IAS help too.

A javazon with charged strike can take out an 8-player hell Baal solo rather easily.... and my lightning javazon can even take down the clone rather quickly- I had him spawn in a 5-player game the other day, and my zon was the only character there that could make a considerable dent in his life bar.

10. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Charged strike.

112k lightning damage, nuff said.