Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

javazon skill advice?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by stevethatsmyname, Mar 31, 2004.

1. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

javazon skill advice?

making a javazon. what kinda skill setup do you think would work the best?

I dont have any experience with any of the skills except lightning fury.

2. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

question: pure lightning?

if it is, then the consensus is that charged strike and lightning fury are the skills to max. if ur considerably rich (merc wise, ur merc can tank a lot for u, and if u have a ton of +skills), 1 in each in the passives is good enough (yes, including valk). rest goes into synergies. if ur poor, max valk, and everything else in synergies.

if ur not pure lightning, there is no real consensus where to go. some say strafe, some say guided, some say fa for the dual elemet attack. personally i like guided, as the bows in 1.10 really suck, u'll need the maximum damage u can get. plus it's auto hit and a "lazy" spell (dont have to target).

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I went pure lightning and sort of regret it. At lvl 90 here's what I have:

20 LightningFury
    20 Charged Strike
    20 Valk
    around 65 pierce, 44/50/44 D/A/E (can't remember exactly)
    18 LightningStrike (working on maxing this)

The maxed-out Valk is nice, but even with a Might Merc she doesn't impress me all that much. She does survive a lot better than my Merc, but she's also a lot more recastable with less points invested. The maxed-out ChargedStrike and LightningStrike have impressive listed dmg, but I really don't find myself having to use them very often (never really run bosses with her). For LI's and stray monsters I just Jab away (eth upped Titan's + Might Merc gets me close to 2k Jab).

If I were to rebuild I'd probably try the LF/PJ route:

20 LightningFury
    20 ChargedStrike
    20 PlagueJavalin
    20 PoisonJavalin
    1 Valk, all other Passives similar to above

4. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Let me say from personal experience:
    I hate Plague Javelin. I sit there and watch LIs life drain slowly...oops wait the cloud disappeared...throw another PJ...ok wait now they're moving...dangit their life regenerated...

Charged Strike is good for those annoying single monsters that you would rather not waste a whole ball of mana throwing LFs at.

5. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

CS = Boss Smoker
    LS = Light Show and a Nasty killer IM0, works great on scattered packs
    LF = same as it always was, smokes tight packs fast takes a ton of mana for loose packs to get it done.

Poison never killed anything fast and actually rarely kills anything it usually jsut lower it enuff something physical kills it!

Lightning Java is simple devistating in small games and still a good killer in big games. 1 point Jab with good sticks works for immunes, add a little crushing blow if you want for more killing speed against tuffies.

Just one of those "brainless" builds!

6. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

Plague Jav is usefull if you have a pretty decent valk and merc. Otherwise like Paladuk said, its a pain. When you are used to the speed of LF, PJ can be real frustrating when you have to switch. My LF/PJ zon is at 80 and doesn't have much of a problem with anything except LIs. Although if I had to do it again, I don't think I'd go with PJ.

There are several good javazon guides stickied in the zon thread. You might want to check them out.

7. Dangerous Old Man

Dangerous Old Man IncGamers Member

I went the pure lightning road and ended up pretty happy with it. Those three skills rip things up very nicely. I have valk at level 17 (read guide if you don't know why.) Couple in each passive. My experience with it has been favorable.

My big criticism of the build is not with lightning immunes as you might suspect, but with iron maiden. At least twice now, I've almost killed myself by using jab or CS on a monster while IMed. Very, very lethal. In both instances, I was partied with a barb that had BOed, and that is quite simply the only reason this zon is still alive.

As a solution to the problem, I put magewrath on the wep switch. It gives a few points in guided arrow. I have invested zero points in the bow tree, so this bow saved me a bunch of points. Granted, it is slow killing with the thing, but I only use it in IM areas and it's done well in keeping me alive. I know LF does not return damage with IM, but I hate using LF on a single monster, yet it is that same single monster that will kill you if you have IM on you.

Just something to think about as you design your build. Good luck with it.

DOM