Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Javazon LF question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by maewyn, Apr 10, 2005.

1. maewyn

maewyn IncGamers Member

Javazon LF question

If I use LF as my main attack, do the skills like pierce, penetrate, and critical strike do any good. I assume they help on the initial target but that the subsequent targets hit by the lightning are not affected by these skills. I am trying to decide how do distribute my points and want to know if these skill are worthwhile for me.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

the lightning bolts released from lf automatically hit and pierce. also, they do lightning damage so crit strike wont help.

however, getting max pierce with lightning fury is especially deadly. for example, if you run into a pack of 20 monsters and use lf. it hits the target and releases 20 bolts. then it pierces, hits another monsters and lets out another 20 bolts. as you can see, this can be devastating .. especially in the cows.

3. maewyn

maewyn IncGamers Member

Thanks, sounds cool. I want to see all that lightning on the screen making well done steaks (fried cows). LOL

4. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

they all aply but only to the actual physical part of the thorw and consequrently only on the initial target, but as said above pierce is useful because it lets out even more bolts therefore doing ALOT more damage for 1 java

Richard

5. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Pierce doesn't only work with Lightning Fury, it's absolutely must-have for LF.
    LF is not very useful without Pierce.
    But with maxed Pierce (with skills and +skills, or with skills and Pierce from Razortrail belt) LF is absolutely deadly for big crowds.

6. CountessLover

CountessLover IncGamers Member

wut's the % the lvl 20 pierce? does it go over 100%? do you need over 100%? sorry I'm kinda new.

7. jkho

jkho IncGamers Member

check out the arreat summit
    --> www.battle.net/diablo2exp

more specifically -->
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/amazon-passive.shtml#pierce

cheers :)

PS. more is better, but aim for ~75% after all +skillz...(diminishing returns after - points better spent elsewhere) even better is get a unique belt called Razortails.. gives an additional 33% chance to pierce... (only need 8points into pierce for ~100% piercing :D)