Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Javazon, Impale or Fend?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Azazel, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Azazel

Azazel IncGamers Member

Javazon, Impale or Fend?

My Ladder Javazon has got 1 point in all Passive skills (I have enough + to skills to leave it as it is) and shes got Lightning Fury and Lightning Strike max (I think thats what their called, they're the two highest Javalin skills).
    She is lvl 60 ATM, but Im worried about Lightning Immunes on Hell, what would be a better skill to max? Impale or Fend?

And on a side note, does anyone bother maxing the Javazon Lighning skills for the Synergies? They dont seem as worth it as the Necros Bone Synergies, or the Assassins Trap Synergies.

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Just put one point in jab for lit immunes, with your high lvl valk (you do have one, right?) Thats plenty for the immunes.

I'm suprised you have missed out on possibly the best lightning skill the zon has: charged strike. Not only is it synergised with LF and LS, it is the best boss killing spell available. Think 8-10 bolts doing 1-3000 damage ALL hitting the boss (or large monster like a brute.) That is charged strike, impressive to say the least.

Also try to get your valk to lvl 17 at least, thats when she gets her good weapon, and does serious damage.

3. isharn

isharn IncGamers Member

I have a high-level Javazon (lvl 86) and I can survive easily anywhere in Hell.

For the immunes, I'm doing exactly what SuggestiveName said : one point (with +skills) in Jab and max Valk. My Valk is currently lvl 25 and she can easily dispatch the toughest crowds of immunes. I only need to recast her maybe once every hour of game time.

Sometimes I switch to my secondary weapon, thunderstroke, to help her when I feel she needs some help.

I never use fend or impale, even against tough bosses!

4. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

I have just yesterday procured a Thunderstroke. Do y'all think I can make a decent javazon with this?

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Titans is much better since the -15 lit resist only applies to the monster you are actually attacking. This doesn't help the lightning from your skills. Still you can make a perfectly acceptable javazon with it.

However, I hear T-Stroke is a great weapon to have on switch to kill lightning immunes (especially paired with a Tiamats Rebuke shield.)

6. Azazel

Azazel IncGamers Member

Thanks, that really helps. Since making this thread my Amazon has saved up 15 Skill points. So it looks like Valkyire all the way. :D