Javazon Equipment

poisonxfree

Diabloii.Net Member
Javazon Equipment

So I posted a few days ago about LF damage and I'm getting pretty far with this zon, but not as much as I'd like. My current equipment is as follows.

Titans [183ed]
Kira's Tiara [65 all res]
Atma's Wail
Stormshield
Mana Leech Ammy
Bramble Mitts [+3 zon skills]
Thundergod's Vigor
IK Boots
Manald Heal Ring
Ring with +res

Now with LF sitting at around 30 and 2-3 synergies maxed I do like 1.7k and around 3k with CS. I want to start doing some NM rushes but I get killed fairly easily. I have Tal's Mask that I can use as well, is the res tradeoff worth it? I can also use a Skin of the Vipermagi for another +skill but I'd lose like 600 def [and right now my def's only like 1800], so I don't think that's worth it, is it? I have LoH too which is highly reccomended here, but I like the +3 skills. Also, what are good ways to get +skills out of armor, boots, etc. I'm trying to find a mara's or get one, but until I can get good runes I can't really trade for anything.

What do you think of my situation? I want to hear any feedback on current gear, any switches I should make with the stuff I have and anything I should look to get or hope for.

EDIT: She's currently lvl81

BananaPancakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Your zon is clvl 81? She shouldnt have a hard time doing nm rushes...how much life does she have? and whats your resistances in nm?

poisonxfree

Diabloii.Net Member
sofreshnclean said:
Your zon is clvl 81? She shouldnt have a hard time doing nm rushes...how much life does she have? and whats your resistances in nm?

Her total life is 663, I have about 100 stat points to distribute still but I was waiting to see if I'd need them anywhere else. Her resistances is nm are:
Fire 50
Cold 75
Lightning 60
Poison 35

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
You shouldn't have problems in nightmare...just stand behind your Valkyrie/merc and blast away...you do have a Valkyrie right?

Griffon's Eye is probably the best helm for a javazon but kind of hard to get. Atma's Wail isn't a very good armor for a Javazon, I'd 10x rather have Vipermagi. You can't get skills out of boots, unless you're an assasin or Necromancer. Your endgame armor would probably be something like Chains Of Honor but that is very expensive.

The gear you have now is pretty nice, certainly sufficient for Nightmare, get that Vipermagi and you'll have max resists, then play a little more carefully, and get a Valkyrie if you don't already have one.

poisonxfree

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright cool, I'll do that. Thanks. Also a few more questions.

What is the best merc for my char? And what kind of equipment would be good for it?

And what are some good mf/rune/wep etc. runs? I know pits good for some drops, and that's about it. I know people kill Pindleskin for drops but where is it located? I never did those runs in 1.09. Thanks again.

jkho

Diabloii.Net Member
poisonxfree said:
Alright cool, I'll do that. Thanks. Also a few more questions.

What is the best merc for my char? And what kind of equipment would be good for it?

And what are some good mf/rune/wep etc. runs? I know pits good for some drops, and that's about it. I know people kill Pindleskin for drops but where is it located? I never did those runs in 1.09. Thanks again.
Act2 HolyFreeze i say.
Pindleskin is the dude with all the skeles... thru the red portal (near Anya?) on ur way to fight Nithalak

haha i think.
i'm new to all this :)

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
poisonxfree said:

A Holy Freeze would be nice for some added crowd control, but might wouldn't be bad either to finish of those pesky lightning immunes...finally a Defiance merc to boost your defence.

You can go here to see which hirelings to hire

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/hirelings.shtml

A merc needs a big damage weapon, some life leech, good resists and if possible good defence. There are lots of good weapons...the best is probably a Reaper's Toll, cheaper options are Hone Sundan socketed with 2x Shael and Amn and a Kelpie Snare for slow target. For helmets...there's Vampire Gaze, Tal Rashas Horadric Crest and Andariels Visage. Armors=Shaftstop, Duriel's Shell, Leviathan.

Pits are good, but Pindleskin is probably best for your character. Also Shenk/Eldritch are easy to get to since there's a waypoint right next to them...the first one in act 5 can't remember what it's called.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Go with an Insight polearm on the merc. They're cheap and it will save you from having to drown yourself in blues all the time.

AlexWan

Diabloii.Net Member
u might want a shaft stop they are fairly cheap
good life 30 dam reduce and nice 200 missile defence

fallen angel of satan

Diabloii.Net Member
My merc uses gaze(8/7/20), shaft eth bonehew 313 amn amn and owns anything :D heh

eth bonehew is abit expensive but gaze and shaft are easy to get hold of also a non eth bonehew isnt to hard either, but reapers toll is slightly better

i personally like a holy freeze merc :D

1.7k lf sounds about right for your gear. and you should ahbve no probs in nm killin things. to me it just sounds as if you are rushing in there too much

for a javazon I find defense is not the key as y will struggle to get a high enopugh defense so monster miss them regularly I personaly preffer d/e/a ad they are much more effective

so go for vipermagi

also go for + skills gloves loh are more bowzon gloves

and they key to a javazon stand back behind your merc and valk, my javazon has 1400life(im lvl91) no bo and is not the greatest tank in the world hehe died today in chaos sanc :( serves me right for rushing too much

but i have gone much more for the glass cannon aproach, jewelers armour of the whale(96 life) with 4 facets in (17/-14) I love this armour, much better than coh :D hehe

Richard