Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Javazon - Damage or speed?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Marmerendus, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Marmerendus

Marmerendus IncGamers Member

Javazon - Damage or speed?

Firstly, sorry if something like this has already been done :)

I want to make a PvM javazon who has some serious damage. I'll be focusing on lightning, so + poison damage items aren't important to me. The equipment I was thinking of using is -

Griffon's Eye with a light facet
    Mara's
    Thuderstroke
    CoH (Dusk)
    Dream Shield (Troll Nest)
    Rare gloves with +2 java, 20 ias, hopefully other mods
    Raven Frost
    Nosferatu's Coil
    Rare ring with + strength, hopefully other mods
    Waterwalk OR good crafted boots if I can get them
    Cta and Lidless/Spirit on switch
    About 7 java skillers
    (I'd want some mana leach, probably on the gloves or the rare ring)

With this equipment, I have 45 IAS, which gets me 11 frames per attack. For 10 frames I need 52 IAS, and for 9 frames I need 89 IAS.

So my question is if it is worth subsituting damage for the extra speed (obviously, really, given the thread title :D )

I could swape the Mara's for a Highlord's at the loss of some resist, stats and +1 skills; I don't need the crushing blow on Highlord's as my physical damage is so low.

I could also replace the light facet in the griffon's with a 15 IAS jewel, but that extra -5 enemy resist is going to make quite a big difference (I think)

I could also replace my Dream shield with a Storm Shield, and put a 15 IAS jewel in that, but that would also require more strength, and with a bit of - enemy res, i think the 1-648 lightning damage Dream adds could be quite a big extra.

I know that I haven't really gone for max damage as I'm not using Thundergod's belt, but with quite high strength requirments (compared to my other equipment) and the usefullness of the life leach, Mana after kill and strength of Nosferatu's, I've decided not to use Thundergod's.

This is only my second javazon (my first being when I was very poor and didn't really have much equipment choice) so my knowledge is lacking and any advice is welcome! Also, if you want to suggest other equipment that would improve my damage, like -20/20 lightning faceted Monarchs, feel free!

So thanks in advance for any and all advice!

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i would take out the nos's coil for a tgods, then swap out maras for a highlords. you'll lose some res but you'll gain more damage (from tgods +3 lf), you'll hit the 10 fpa bp, and you'll get some nice lightning absorb.

if you're cowing, switch out tstrokes for titans, use razortail and dont worry about speed.

3. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

agree..I dont see the points of having fast attack speed for a javazon (I am not saying you dont need any, just you dont need to sacrifice dmg for speed)
    I would also suggest T-God over Nos's coil bcz the +3 LF, +20 Str, Vit and light resist.

by the way..how much LF dmg does it add if you use dream shield?
    I am using spirit now. Does anyone recommand dream shield over spirit for LF/CS zon?

4. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Does the shock damage from dream add to each bolt released from LF???

If so, this shield would be unbeatable. If not, I think there are better choices.

5. Marmerendus

Marmerendus IncGamers Member

I just assumed that it would add to LF and never really thought about it :) It would definatly add the damage to the first thing you hit i.e. the enemy that gets hit with the javelin. The damage is added to the attack, and the bolts ARE part of the attack so... I won't be able to test it any time soon, but when I can I'll let you know the results :)

6. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

I am actually pretty sure that it only adds to the physical part of the attack. If the javelin pierced and hits a second monster then both would recieve the extra damage. None of the 30+ bolts released each time would have the added damage, making the shock damage insigificant. Hope someone knows for sure.

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Dmg > Speed in PvM. Well thats what I think.

8. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i heard somewhere that the holy freeze from an ice bow adds to the splash damage of freezing arrow. not sure if this is correct, but if it is, then the holy shock damage might add to the LF damage. an easy way to check wouldjust be to equip dream and see the lightning damage (listed below the weapon damage), then take it off and see if it changes, along with the weapon damage.

9. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Right you are. Now, anyone with a dream shield that can confirm this?