Javalins (throwing items) run out?

pantherus

Diabloii.Net Member
Javalins (throwing items) run out?

Hi,

I'd love to get straightforward answer on this one...

When using Javalins (or in fact any thrown weapon) which is magical/rare/unique/etc; what happens when the quantity gets to 0 - does the whole thing disappear?

What if you're going nuts with a unique javalin set and don't notice that you're about to run out - do you lose the whole lot?

Also, how expensive is it to be consistently repairing (replenishing) your Javalins as a high-level javazon (or any level for that matter...)

I'm thinking of trying a javazon and would love to be clear with this...

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Javalins (throwing items) run out?

magic/rare/unique/etc throwing weapon don't disappear, they simply turn red with zero quantity.
Repairing only costs 1 gold as there is no reason not to use titans or an other javelin with replenish quantity as a mod this to keep the cost low - thunderstrokes are rather expensive.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Only javelins with self-replenish quantity cost 1 gold to repair. The rest of them cost more. Still, the sum isn't high enough to stop you though, it's hardly noticable. Javazon builds are good and perfectly viable. There are many guides. I'd go with either a pure lightning or a gunslinger. Pure lightning does more damage but has bigger problems with immunes than gunslingers.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer

I'd go with either a pure lightning or a gunslinger. Pure lightning does more damage but has bigger problems with immunes than gunslingers.
Oh, but if you can, put an Infinity on a merc and use Thunderstrokes for them, then poof! you can kill lit immunes, too. Maybe even switch on Thundergods Vigor. You can kill them without those but it takes longer and if they have stone skin it may even be impossible. Unless you have tons of gold to keep your merc alive.