Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Java Gear Help NOOB :D

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by tayzer, Jun 4, 2008.

1. tayzer

tayzer IncGamers Member

Java Gear Help NOOB :D

Hi Guys,

Just quick questions on gear questions for PVM Pure light Java. So the good news is i pretty much have the hard stuff to get and am going to build upon it. I wanna know if this is the most optimal pvm gear and or what are other alternatives or better alternatives if anyone has time thanks. I think she'll be a CS/Pit/maybe Baal runner? something along those lines. Neways heres what I think my gears going to be.

Griffs Eye I have a -17/14 need to get a 5/5 or if i dont have enough runes itll have to be 5/4 cause 5/5 is at least 3 hrs more.
    Highlords or Maras?
    198 non eth Upped TitansEnigma
    Phoenix Monarch - This is where Im not sure if I should have gotten a phoenix or not. I could easily go the cheap route of a spirit get the +2 some fcr for porting and not get that CTC Firestorm, but the mana life gain. Toss up right? Any opinions on this is much appreciated. Or maybe even a like 20/16 monarch?
    +2 Jav/20 ias and minor mods Rare Gloves
    BK
    Raven Frost (or i have a 2nd bk too) Probably 1 bk is enough though

Razortail
    War Travs/Gores/or Treks?

Merc Prolly Might unless theres any reason to go something else? Maybe defiance?

Andys
    eth Fort or Coh?
    eth Infinity CV -49 res

Thanks! Ne critiques on the item build or suggestion would be helpful. I have all this stuff I have not committed to her yet but pretty much am ready to get her going once these items get passed final check. Love my bowazon so had to go java!

Tay

2. USEast Tristan

USEast Tristan IncGamers Member

Re: Java Gear Help NOOB :D

I second this noob's cry for help, because I'm in the same boat. I also noticed he's using a high non-ethereal titans and I'm wondering what kind of practical difference the physical damage range for titans makes, for a lite javazon. That is, just how much better is a gosu eth titans from a 150% non-eth? There's a lot of HR's in price difference but does that translate into damage against mobs in CS?

3. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Yes, i'm wondering which titans to use too. Normal? Upped normal? Ethereal? Upped ethereal? Is really upping and the damage from eth important? Most of the damage comes from lightning anyway. And is the lower reqs on eth worth not being able to repai instantly? I'm thinking of two ethereal titans, so one can replenish while I use the other one.

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I wouldn't spend the runes to up the Titans unless you know you'll have real trouble with lit immunes. The extra damage is good for that, but not overly important, in my experience. Someone will come along and tell me I am wrong about that and that is fine. But IMO, if you've got Grffs with the - to enemy lit resist and any other source of - to enemy lit resist then save the runes for something else. Put an Infinity on your Might merc and use Thundergods (for the skills) instead of Razortail and you'll be golden.

If the only source of - to enemy lit resist is from Griffs then it may be worth upping the Titans for that extra damage. It'll help.

5. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

Used tgods and razortail for chaos/cows running and the razortail with a lvl 9 pierce is much better in terms of killing speed in chaos and truly amazing at cows.
    HellPlayer

6. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Personally, I always use normal Titans. No upping and no eth for me. Lower reqs and you can repair them, alot quicker than waiting for a pair of eth to replenish. Really annoying to wait imo..

7. tayzer

tayzer IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the responses.

Neone have opinions on my biggest dilemma which is the SHIELD?

Phoenix?
    Spirit?
    SS?
    Or other?

Im leaning with Phoenix or Spirit. But definitely scared of extra CTC firestorm that + torch + LF could spell trouble even wit my good comp. Althuogh, dunno if my comp affects nething that happens over bnet

8. Sehnsucht

Sehnsucht IncGamers Member

This would depend on the rest of your setup.
    I would skip Spirit unless you plan to use enimga.
    Phoenix is nice to use as you won't have mana problems :)
    SS would be the pick by default if you play on HardCore.
    SS is better then Spirit in my opinion, but try them both if you can and pick what you like. As your preference may be difference.

People use upped titans and ethereal ones for other reasons then damage.

Upping and using ethereal ones increases the amount of life and mana you leech each hit by a large margin. Mana for Lighting fury is high and leeching twice as much mana back per hit helps a lot, as mana leech is based on the physical damage you have.

If you use Phoenix mana won't be a problem but using ethereal ones gain a lot of physical damage over non ethereal ones due to the ED% on Phoenix.

9. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I too prefer SS, I feel that as a zon it's a must have and the 35 DR helps a lot especially when cowing, I can stand there and lazily dodge/block the cows attacking me so I can pick up loot. Zon FCR breakpoints are so bad I feel there's no point in pursuing FCR at all, I mean to say they will still be slower than running and you will run out of mana fast.

10. tayzer

tayzer IncGamers Member

Hmm thanks for more input, I definitely thought I figured it out and was gonna go for Spirit since I am going to go the Enigma route and spirit for the price of it has too many great mods, I hopefully dont plan on gettin hit too much but I suppose SS with 5/5 or 5/4 facet something like that wouldnt be too bad either. Just no +2 skills and some other mods which arent too big of a deal. SS's arent that hard to come by so I'll try either. I had a phoenix was thinking oh yea im going phoenix for sure but the whole CTC firestorm lag scared me considering torch and that is gonna be nasty.. But I know that redemption is sexy but i figured I could just pot it if i had problems. I think I'm going to UP my 197 normal titans and try to pick up 180+ed eth titans and see how they go.

11. TraderScope

TraderScope IncGamers Member

Just a quick posting and maybe some tip to amazons from my experience:

I am just about to kill Baal, I'm lvl 80 and have soloed the whole game with my furyzon. I use a lvl 17 Valkyrie (7 hard points) with my Insight Merc and my jab (which is 100% trough hard points +5 points) and I have only little probs against the LI's. I only got -15Lires with Thunderstroke. I have invested in a gear that grants me 86% dmg reduction and still not crippling me at all. This helps me to survive very well and ables me to play and enjoy my single play ( I do play in ladder for the trades though).

Edit:
    Baal down :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008