Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jantia

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cattleya, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Jantia

Rather than open up the old thread, I decided to post a new one, so we can move forward with this. Here is the original thread for reference:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=493394

I have e-mailed with Jantia, and discussed the matter with Hrus. We have decided that there isn’t any reason to disbelieve Jantia when he said that this was the first time something like this had happened, and the “bad†Pgems were traded to someone likely to catch the problem, supporting the story.

So, based on that, the only person with a real problem with their trade was Zhao_Yue, who got the duped gems. Those are the only items that need to be deleted.

I’ve seen some questions pop up about this, and decided to wait for this post to clear them up. (This applies all the time, not just to this case.) You should not restore items from the sent box in your e-mail program when you delete items received in a bad trade. In this case, you may decide (with the one exception listed above) to simply keep the items traded to you.

As far as further action goes, that is up to the individual to do what they need to do to be happy with their stuff. I’ll be deleting my Acrobatic of Vita I just traded, if for no other reason that using it and looking at it will depress me, and I don’t need that dragging down the “aura†of my character. That’s the point I want to make here. Do what you feel is necessary to keep your enjoyment of the game, but don’t feel pressured into going overboard on this. If you decide to delete stuff, make sure it is your decision.

If you have any questions, you can ask them in this thread. You can also PM me as well. (My PM box is pretty stuffed right now. I’ll try to keep it clear, but if it fills up while I’m in class, you can e-mail me at the e-mail listed in my profile.)

Please keep discussions in this thread on the topic of clean up. If you want to discuss hacking and duping, I think there is at least one thread on the front page dedicated to that right now. Lets keep this thread business.

Thanks,

Cattleya

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

good, i was hopping for this as i did soe Mp games with jantia and greenmind, some weeks back and i don't want to delete my wolf.
    how i need to dupe something myself, to stop playing hahahha
    beware n00bz!!!

3. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

I would definitely delete any item received at any time from this guy. I agree that deleting everything that's related to him or his items is a bit over the top though.

4. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I'll be deleting the items I got off him, they may be legit but there would be a bad feeling about keeping them.

Shame really, Full Griswolds, Full Nats, and many EUs...

5. chrischar

chrischar IncGamers Member

I believed jantia too,and since the mods believed him too,I will not delete the earth-shifter he gave me.I am ok with this decision,because I spent a lot of good items to get that earth-shifter.
    There is a very small probability that jantia was lying.Even then,I have paid very much for it,so I don't see any real problem with my enjoyment.

6. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

@Nebux: We know you hax anyway:

These boots look nice for an assassin, yet ATMA says neither Hell Baal or the Cow King can drop them. Own up or tell me who I should MF. :grin:

@all: It's a shame to see another highly active interacter leave this community. The bright side has to be the fact that the fall-out will hopefully be less than that with CoS. My condolences to anyone suffering major loss, if anyone would like my assistance with recovering, I'll see if I can do anything.

7. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

@SiTro

I recently received a fleshripper, wizardspike, and a gerke's sanctuary from Jantia in the giveaway thread. Upon hearing the news this morning, I'm suddenly not so sure about those items. If you can help by donating *any* of these items, that would be most appreciated.

thanks for the offer of help, even if you have none of the above. :)

8. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

@neumein: I don't I'm afraid, and I figured this would be the answer I would give even as I wrote my last comment. On the other hand... I'm competing in the untwinked grail tourney for a start at the moment, and have a few other MF projects in the works too. I'll keep a greater eye out for those three items, and I'll let you have the first of each that drop for me.

If one of them drops for the character in the UGT, I hope you'll understand if I held onto it slightly longer for the duration of the tourney. :smiley:

9. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I'd just like to thank Cattleya and Hrus for the decision which protects the traders as much as possible.

I hope those who decide to keep items from jantia don't be considered illegit or tainted by other traders. If the majority of traders don't believe his story, I'm afraid there might be major ostracization and quite a mess.

Also, even though people are so zealous about legitness and "not risking" having illegit items, you ARE risking getting tainted with every trade / MP you do. I'm 97.43% sure that there is at least one, most probably more than a dozen, members who have hacked/duped through the history of the forum, and their hacked/duped/tainted items have come up to this day, tainting everything on their way.

Edit: I feel that I'm getting more and more off-topic, but I want to draw attention to chrischar's point once more. Even if the original owner of an item has done illegit things, if you traded legit items at the normal market value, than that item is well earned. Of course, this doesn't mean that you should keep hacked items from bad trades, but remembering this might make you feel better.

10. Hamburger

Hamburger IncGamers Member

I agree with this entire post, however I don't think it's that bad trying to stay legit, it's like "doing the right thing"

I too offer my help to the people that decides to erase stuff, but I encourage EVERYONE to do as llathias says and don't set traders who decide to keep their items apart because of this, respect the mods decision and go with it.

@neumein: I'll gladly give you a (totally legit :fortuneteller: ) wizzy and gerke's.
    1.11b, Vanilla, so you shouldn't have problems.
    ^^

11. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

@ hamburger

first of all, you're avatar is making me hungry, and I'm stuck in class still.
    secondly, thank you very much, I'll take up your offer.

email: neumein (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) au

SPF to the rescue *dances*

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

If I'm not mistaken, jantia was just running the giveaway for Salvo, if that helps any. I'm keeping the stuff I got from that giveaway. :smiley:

13. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

@ Cattleya - you saved me some good items, mate

I had the email archived, and I had another look. Indeed, the title was 'Salvo's giveaway' Looks like I get to keep that nice fleshripper. *yet more dancing*

@ Hamburger - your avatar still makes me hungry, but I won't be needing those items anymore. But thank you very much for your help anyways

14. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Since my name was mentioned ...

I never opened the attachment for that email so I just deleted the email, case closed.

15. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Is jantia banned??

16. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

Yes, banned for dupping/hacking. He/she posted a thread admitting to it. Should be on the first few pages.

17. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

yes.

next time read the thread (including links)

edit:sif beat me archon. :p

18. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

For the record, I would like to state the following in relation to an offered trade with janita and myself.

It was a recent trade thread of janita's where I offered an Ist+mal for a 130% ed schaefers hammer. This trade did not occur. It stopped at the offer I made and to the best of my knowledge, janita did not agree to the trade as my offer is or was the last post in his trade thread. There where no Pm's between us regarding this trade.

Regarding my own methods of detecting hackers/dupers, janita is the first one to slip thru my patented "asmo hack sniffer" for a long time though given his admission and what/how he duped & rerolled, is not something my methods would detect anyhow. Now to work out a way to update my asmo hack sniffer software.........

Hats off to janita for the self admission on what he had done. Sure he did wrong but makes up a lot for that by putting himself up for "punishment" for it.

19. wilypueo

wilypueo IncGamers Member

Meh, it pains me to do so, but I think I will delete the items in the only trade I did with jantia a Natural GC of Vita and a Graverobber's GC of Life. Cost me a nice pair of Shadowdancers and a Stormshield for those. This was back on July 10, 2006. I know Cattleya has okayed keeping the items, but I would just have this nagging uncomfortable feeling keeping them around. :tongue:

I am definitely going to become only an occasional to rare trader from now on following this string of naughtiness. Just not worth the time and aggravation, and that's too bad since I really enjoy trading. Of course, my D2 time right now is totally devoted to the UGT for as long as that runs, which is not all coincidental either. Appreciate jjscud starting that up. :thumbsup:

20. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

What about those other 20 you haven't found out about, yet? :badteeth:

Word.