Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jalas Mane or Cerebus Bite

Discussion in 'Druid' started by majpain, Mar 20, 2005.

1. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

Jalas Mane or Cerebus Bite

Asuming their both Perfect

Jalas Mane
    297 Defense
    +2 To Druid Skills
    +2 To Shape-Shifting Skills
    +200% Enhanced Defense
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    +20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Energy
    +5 Mana After Each Kill
    +30% Resistance To All

Cerebus Bite
    145 Defense
    +140% Enhanced Defense
    +4 to Shape Shifting Skills
    10% Life stolen per hit
    120% Bonus to Attack Rating
    33% Chance of Open Wounds
    2 to Feral Rage

Id pick Jalas you auto get 4 to shape shifting plus the additional 2 to all druid skills.the 30% resist all is a nice feature aswell.Jalas also get more Defense than cerebus.

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Jalal's is better overall, but if you were making a specialized build, for example using Feral Rage and going for as much Life Steal as possible, Cerebus would be alright.

3. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

True but why is Cerebus Worth more than jalas?

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Jalal's Mane is the best 99.9% of the time just as Arreat's Face is pretty much the ultimate barb helm...they just have so many useful mods and they look pretty cool too... No contest.

5. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

but my is cerebus worth um and jalas is worth pul

6. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

cerebus is nice because of open wounds, and uh, same amount total to shapeshifting, so, yeah.

7. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

The SS dont matter because Jalas gives 4 auto to SS.so your telling me the open wounds gives it the um?

8. SantoRojo

SantoRojo IncGamers Member

lets not forget the ar bonus

9. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

it depends. In general and in my opinion, Cerebus for bears, jalals for wolves. that ar bonus is huge for a bear, and if you make the "wear down" mauler, the open wounds is pretty killer, too.

--welt

10. majpain

majpain IncGamers Member

My SS wolf is going to be aswome i have mainly all the druid weaps.Ill have 10-15 extra skills.with all the equipment i got.

11. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

Just to reiterate, jalals is more of an all roudner helm.

For PvM there is no doubt in my mind that regardless of it being a bear or a wolf I would use a jalals for resis, stats, fhr, and skills. If you aren't alive long enough to dish out the damage what good is the extra ar.

For PvP I stick with jalals for the most part but I still have a cerebus in the stash for high defense characters such as a paladin or barb. The extra AR is crucial. Plus, seeing as you hit less as it is the open wounds will help you drain the life of your oponents on the few hits you do manage to make.

12. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

fireclaw bear i use cerebus , every wolf i have uses jalals ( this is pvp mindset).

i think my bear with cerebus has 18 k atr , without 16 k to me its not that much of a difference to use over mane.

open wounds is pretty much the sole reason, in my opinion is worth um ( althought i dont think i would ever pay um for it lol ) but im cheap ;).

13. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

I have my own theory about the prices. Perfectionists, collectors etc. Not to mention people have had how long to find a jalals?

14. lucrativelyrics

yeah zabo , to talk about perfectionist to go off topic. yesterday on ladder a guy was offering

258 eth dc already zoded + 25 high runes for a 260+ , his away msg and i quote " yes ill even take 260 non zoded " lol talk about perfectionist.

me personally would never pay that much even if it was the best item in the game and i lost to any one who used it .heck even if it made me unbeatable i doubt i would try to get it , talk about obsessive complusive ....

speaking of obsessive natures i have a paper due in my psych class on this very nature ... maybe ill use it as a example

GAMERS GONE WHILE , spending numerous hours and money for nothing ...whats your opportunity cost ?? hmm lol

15. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

On non ladder it's not uncommon to see a 260+ to go for 70+ runes.

If you write that paper I would really like to see it if it's d2 related in any way. hahaha

16. lucrativelyrics

i might just write it for the fun of it hehe , if i do ill be posting it here

17. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Like everyone says .. pvm jalals.

Cerebus is more of a bear pvp bear helm or the helm you use when you need ar boast (against high def pallys / barbs).

The reason cerebus is worth more is because its harder to get a +4/115%ar cerebus than it is a jalals. And basically if you get any cerebus w/ less than +4 ss then it drops in price dramatically. And if it gets +4 but bad ar it still isnt worth a lot. Basically a good cerebus has more varying stats which almost always means an increase in price when a good one is found.

18. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

I like to dissagree on that one voice. A goldstrike bow is probably the most impossible item in the game to get fully perfect stats on, yet when was the last time you saw someone willing to pay out the ass for one.

19. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Try spirit keeper (Not sure if most .. but more than goldy)... and I am not saying that just b/c it has lots of varience that its instantly valuable. I should of wrote it better. But if it has its uses (mainly pvp uses, b/c ppl dont a lot for pvm gear normally) and has a lot of varying stats a good moded one will be more rare than a low varying item.

Cerebus ... has a lot of potential for pvp when you look at the other options available to a melee druid. (Jalals, cerebus, spirit keeper, raven lore, shako, rockstopper etc.)

Goldy doesnt have that much pvp potential when compared to the other bows out there. (BotD, faith, wf ... etc.)

I know what i wrote doesnt always work ... but in general there is some truth to it.

20. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Eth Rockstoppper and (eth) Tomb Reaver are even worse. Each of these items is one of a kind, because getting a certain percentage on each stat makes them incredibly rare.