Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Jah or poison facet?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by C-Beat, Feb 23, 2004.

1. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

Jah or poison facet?

Hello..

I'm having trouble deciding wether to put poison facets or jah in my shako and shaft.

My char will be a pvp ww/DTalon hybrid with maxed venom. Venom slvl will be 41 and i'll use trang gloves, so my venom dmg is allready quite high. with 2 facets the dmg will go up a bit, but not much, and the -res wont make a difference since i'll duel in normal so most people will have more than 75% res anyway.

with 2 jahs i might be able to break 2k life :D that is kinda tempting!

So, i need help deciding which way to go...

regards
    C-Beat

2. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

only 2k? poison is easily counted i think... i have a 3gul nats armor just for dueling other assns :D.

3. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

You might counter poison but you wont counter open wounds.

4. necrodude

necrodude IncGamers Member

Do The Jah, Way Better. Plus You Get A Way Better Re-sale Value.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

of course, but poison is a major source of damage for the whirler. its basically instant damage just as much as the physical damage. take that away and they must rely on their pure physical damage (which isnt that much at all) and their open wounds which takes time to kill.

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

only 2k?? are you telling me thats easy?? the only way for me to get more life is to have skillcharms with life, and they are expensive!

I do not have much OW as i'm not very fond of that. I dont like the 1-hit-run-opponent-dead technic which i've seen so many times.

3530 poison dmg per second should hurt a bit even when opponent got 25% res.

I think i'll jah the shaft and shako. thx :)

C-Beat

7. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

jah will add 100 life total to a 2000 HP char. the way duels are fought today... that will not make or break any duel IMO. With synergies and chars pouring out MONSTER dmg and leech not being a factor and open wounds etc etc.... 100 more life is not gonna be a game winner.

i think you are foolish to put Jah in ANYTHING except runeowrds. Its just too expensive.

thnx
    stef

8. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

200 more life is alot imo. ok, versus a hammerdin it probably wont make a differnce. But i dont duel in a placer where there are hammerdins...very often duels end in the winner having only a little bit life left, so 200 hp is alot.

However, i agree that they are too expensive, so i plan on trading for items which allready have been socketed. those are often much much cheaper.

9. sasha

sasha IncGamers Member

and later

Lol? Anyways go open wounds/deadly strike :)

Regards,

Sasha

10. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

whats that suppose to mean? that poison dmg isnt applied over several seconds so i dont quite get your point...also, poison can be resisted easily, which ow cant.

I'm not gonna stack any OW mods on my gear and i will only have the ds from my claws.

C-Beat

11. ReallFugitive

You don't attack with and run. You can keep attacking and your open wounds will reset each time. I can easily tank BOTD enigma barbs and they get their asses handed to them then either maphack me to see my gear or cry to see it or say I'm cheating. Definately use poison. It may be resisted but look what they have to give up. Melee characters usually won't be able to do anything to counter it since they will have to give up damage reduce, their gloves(Deaths), armor (venom ward) just to do anything since it is almost instant. Casters will sacrifice cast rate, block, damage reduce and it will put them in a WORLD OF HURT. On top of the +% damage you also get -% which works better than +% if they already have good resists. Either way it would be best to always go with damage over life in this case.

12. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

but the -resists on facets wont do any difference if the opponent have, lets say, 100% poison resist in total. 2 facets would bring that down to 85 which still leaves it maxed....wouldnt 200 more life help me more?

I know OW is effective, but i'm not gonna stack it so i can land one hit and then run off to see them die. Thats what i meant.

C-Beat

13. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Yea but they would be sacrificing gear to get that much poison resists. And if your dueling pubby about 1/50 of them keep gear switches. Also 5/5 poison facets on die have become as expensive as a jah at least in us west. If you can afford either than you can get better charms. Even shadow disc gcs with 20+ life aren't that expensive. There about 1/2 the price of the more popular +skill gcs with similar life.

14. ReallFugitive

I had to pay atleast a Ohm for each of mine (E-SCL 30+ Life: except a 12 life one I got for free)

15. sasha

sasha IncGamers Member

I didnt think you could kill someone with OW, its EXACTLY like poison imo except it cant be resisted, so putting on more poison to me is exactly like (ab?)using more OW. Its unrealistic for ppl in pubbie duels to have anti-pois equipment, just assasins with Nats armour are the ones most likley to resist your poison.

And C-Beat would you call me lame for using lvl 40 venom on a sin? Probably not,

Would you call me lame for using 3k poison on a barb/zon/palla ?
    Probably yes,

Thats why i dont understand u calling OW lame, but not Venom ? One of the main tactics is the "WW away", so that you hit "95% of the time" vs 30k def pallaies and such... but this isnt lame ?

Regards,

Sasha

16. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I think it's lame to have 100% ow on a high lv char. 1 hit can kill you in time becuase ow acts over several seconds while venom only acts over 0.4 seconds, and can be resisted. I hit with venom will NOT kill you unless your resists are very bad and your life is very very low.

I dont think it's lame if a barb uses 3k poison per sec, not a pally either. It will be extremly hard for pallys and barbs to stack such poison dmg though, so it will require them to use other attacks which lowers they're versatility.

C-Beat

17. Las-Vegas

Las-Vegas IncGamers Member

the WW away thing only works vs idiots.
    when running you have 0 def and 1/3 blocking. so you're running into the WW, thats why it hits a lot better.
    any person who is not stupid will not run into your attack until they die.

and I dont think OW can kill, it just drains to 1 life.

18. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

yeah, maybe ow only drains to 1 life....but how hard is it to kill someone with 1 life left when you got all yours left?

agrees with las-vegas on the ww comment...

19. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

I thought that was only poison?

20. sasha

sasha IncGamers Member

Lets say your a barb or a smite/charge paladin, please explain how you can hit an assasin who just WW's away ?

Regards,

Sasha