Jacks Pseudo-Titan: a Guide

ploof

Diabloii.Net Member
JacksRevenge said:
Fixed.

D'oh! I meant to put those in.
why don't guides like this get stickied? I've seen a few that just drop off into the abyss of page 9 or 10 or wherever.
 

Raging_Zealot

Diablo: IncGamers Member
"may not sound like a big deal but since you will be adding well over 300 points to strength, this would mean an extra 30% enhance damage"

typo :) Just thought u might wanna correct for people that arent firmilar with the Titan, or the way STR works for ED, since 300 points to STR would be 300% dmg, not 30...
 

JacksRevenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Raging_Zealot said:
"may not sound like a big deal but since you will be adding well over 300 points to strength, this would mean an extra 30% enhance damage"

typo :) Just thought u might wanna correct for people that arent firmilar with the Titan, or the way STR works for ED, since 300 points to STR would be 300% dmg, not 30...
Actually if you reread that you will see I am refering to the difference 300 points of strength would make when using a "mace" class weapon as apposed to anything else.

Mace - 1 point of strength = 1.1% ed
others - 1 point of strength = 1% ed
 

JacksRevenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Icarus said:
very cool guide. good setup with the items too.
Thanks, I stripped the previous dozen or so 1.10 characters and decided to focus on a couple and equip them as well as possible.
 

modollodom

Diabloii.Net Member
hi,

u said that:

Whirlwind information

Breakpoints: only IAS on your weapon has any effect on your WW speed, therefore a low damage fast weapon could have more damage potential than a big damage slow weapon.

about the IAS on weapon counts for ww speed, is it true? so, if i put 40ed/15ias jewel in helm or shield, would that be a waste?

and if that is the waste what jewel or rune would u recommend for me to put in helm and shield?
 

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
modollodom said:
hi,

u said that:

Whirlwind information

Breakpoints: only IAS on your weapon has any effect on your WW speed, therefore a low damage fast weapon could have more damage potential than a big damage slow weapon.

about the IAS on weapon counts for ww speed, is it true? so, if i put 40ed/15ias jewel in helm or shield, would that be a waste?

and if that is the waste what jewel or rune would u recommend for me to put in helm and shield?
That's true. But for example if you socket a gaze or arreats with ed/ias jewel, it's always very good to use on another char (gaze for ama, arreats for concentrate barb for example). The best jewels when you dont need the ias or it doesnt effect your main skill are : ed/+str. Ofcourse plain ed jewels will work fine too, and will be a lot less expensive.
 

JacksRevenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
That's true. But for example if you socket a gaze or arreats with ed/ias jewel, it's always very good to use on another char (gaze for ama, arreats for concentrate barb for example). The best jewels when you dont need the ias or it doesnt effect your main skill are : ed/+str. Ofcourse plain ed jewels will work fine too, and will be a lot less expensive.
For example, I believe I have a 37% ed jewel in my Arreats. I would advise having some IAS outside of your weapon to speed up your Berserk and Concentration attacks. Just an easy 20% which comes on quite a few good gloves or the Sigons gloves + belt or boots would give 30% IAS and 10 life leech.
 

ReallFugitive

Diabloii.Net Member
JacksRevenge said:
For example, I believe I have a 37% ed jewel in my Arreats. I would advise having some IAS outside of your weapon to speed up your Berserk and Concentration attacks. Just an easy 20% which comes on quite a few good gloves or the Sigons gloves + belt or boots would give 30% IAS and 10 life leech.
Great guide man. It is aweful like my .09 BVB with 6900 whirl damage <-Godly. I might make another one just for the hell of it.

You totally left out charms though, they play a big part in any characters lifespan.
 

ReallFugitive

Diabloii.Net Member
ReallFugitive said:
Great guide man. It is aweful like my .09 BVB with 6900 whirl damage <-Godly. I might make another one just for the hell of it.

You totally left out charms though, they play a big part in any characters lifespan.
Also can you show us your damage in town without charms on and only annihilus the items you are wearing. I'm curious just to how much more damage that stuff adds.
 

JacksRevenge

Diabloii.Net Member
ReallFugitive said:
Also can you show us your damage in town without charms on and only annihilus the items you are wearing. I'm curious just to how much more damage that stuff adds.
Done and done.
 
Top