Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

jab? or fend?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by frend? or foe!, Jan 29, 2004.

1. frend? or foe!

frend? or foe! IncGamers Member

jab? or fend?

hi making a pure spearzon i know it should be a challenge when she enters hell but i just want something a bit different(so many javaz)
    i got a good idea of my stats,skills,equip but cant decide wether to go with jab of fend! impale could be nice but that would mean trading for steel pillar and keeping it on swich(only unique elite thats indistructable) so what u guys recon? any help would be great and thanks

2. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I would suggest going with fend simply cos the %ED from it is better than compared to jab. So the monsters go into hit recovery more easily etc. Jab also has the problem of continuing even after the monster is killed.

Of course fend is not interruptible so just be careful not to get swamped or you'll die.

3. Quezi

Quezi IncGamers Member

Does fend not make you auto miss if you get hit anymore?

4. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Fend misses a lot with invested points in dodge/evade. So either 1 point in d/e or no points at all. You need high defense, high %fhr, preferably defiance merc.

I've zon in hcl hell act5 with maxed fend. No problem if you're playing defensive. But she isn't a tank, usually it's a hit-and-run strategy with well placed decoy/valk and a merc taking most of the beating (but he doesn't care since he has reapers).

5. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Very good, but you made a small error. Dodge and avoid work when one is standing still, so when a person is fending. Evade works only when a person is walking or running. Hence, investing little in dodge and avoid is often advised, but evade is quite okay to put points into.

6. himeji

himeji IncGamers Member

Thanks for the correction. Of course it should read a/d.