Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I've killed once more. I'd do it again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jmervyn, Feb 14, 2016.

1. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

It's not even eight years, and I've taken yet another life.

I confessed my first murder in March 2008 on these forums, but I was retaliating against a home invader. I believe I related a second incident - the mass murder in my family - at some point, and my retaliation against the masked assassin.

This was different - it involved my lover - my princess. My wife has known these five years about our illicit love, or rather, my princess' love for me. She's the most beautiful girl I know, and more affectionate and loyal than my own wife! She simply appeared one day at the window, looking for love. I'm married but she wants to be with me, so my wife turns a blind eye and even shows occasional affection for her.

Today, I spotted another assassin. He was sneaking along the sliding glass door. It's freezing cold here so I threw on my jacket and grabbed the closest weapon - a dull axe. I ran outside and 'round the house to where I spotted him - he let out a surprised bleat and ran away. I pursued him, simply wanting to chase him away from the house, and I saw princess atop my house deck, eyes wide in mindless terror.

She fled as well, and I couldn't see where. I continued a circuit around the house wanting to reassure her... returning to the front door, I suddenly heard panicked expressions - I couldn't see where they were coming from.

Wait! Nearly 100 feet uphill, I saw my princess. The assassin was literally clutching her back as she tried to climb a tree to escape! I knew I was shouting as I raced up the slope in this frigid cold, hoping the assassin would flee... but he persisted in his murderous attempt on my lover's life. I swung the axe with berserk strength and... almost missed. The assassin clung to my love tenaciously, so I swung again and drove the axehead deep into his ribs.

My princess fell from the tree, and yet the assassin continued to try to slay her. Again and again I chopped at him until finally his movements ceased. There was not as much blood as I would have thought - the axe is truly dull and I had essentially bludgeoned him to death.

All is not as it was; we cannot return to normal. We took my princess to the doctor, as well as the assassin's corpse. While the assassin did not <seem> insane, we don't know his rationale for assaulting my dearest. Perhaps it was simply greed that drove him to this attempt, but it may be something far more sinister. My princess is here in my home, but I cannot say what the eventual result will be for either of us. Even my wife and son are helping by shopping for her, but we will not know until Tuesday what the future holds.

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Takes one to know one, so I'm sure you're right.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It was probably not Superdave. That already was the wrong guess in the old thread.

Masked assassin, hmmm... can I buy a vowel?

I would go to the doctor to get a rabies vaccination, just in case, for you and your pet.

4. jmervyn

I'm not really big on unneeded treatment, so we'll find out today after the NY State Dept of Health gets OFF THEIR FECKIN' ARSES and chops the assassin's brain up.

Hey, it's only been since Sunday afternoon, and I'm sure I can bear some more "frothing at the mouth" jokes... I've been told to call them so I'm on the phone now.

5. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

Wait.

What?

The froth is a real thing now? Oh My Goat.

6. jmervyn

Won't know until tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  7. LozHinge the Unhinged

Hmm.

If The Thing had been set in Beverley Hills instead of Antarctica.

8. jmervyn

Well, found out today. Yes, it's Rabies.

The Army lost my information, and it's 20 years ago to boot. I just started the full series.

Oh, it's only two shots, honest. The second shot was six distinct injections. Such fun.

We're going to see if Princess makes it. I don't have the heart to put her down "just because", so she's quarantined in the basement until August.

9. LozHinge the Unhinged

Dear goat, that's bad Merv. Good luck to Princess.

Is the rabies series still as painful as hell? It's OK, you don't have to be brave here, I've been told it's about as unpleasant as anything could be and still not be rabies itself.

10. krischan

A rabid jmervyn might be interesting, but I'm not the one who's going to make froth jokes here.

It's a series of 3 or 5 injections once every week or so if there are no wounds to be treated as well. I don't see a reason why that should be more painful than other injections. The application into the wounds might be a different case, but jmervyn got none... unlike his pet.

A rabies vaccination has to occur as soon as possible. The website of the tropical institute here mentions that it might be a matter of hours, although that probably depends on the circumstances. It's probably more critical if you have something like a dozen serious bites (like your pet) while a "just in case" vaccination might be less problematic.

I heard a rabies vaccination is expensive. Does Obamacare cover it? If yes, you might owe him something :D

11. kestegs

Trust me, we don't owe him anything for obamacare.

Sorry to hear that, jmerv. I hope she makes it through. (and you too I guess)

12. jmervyn

Well, I'm not "playing" tough if we're going to get into an ol'style coot-out. However, I DO have a needle phobia; I don't really care about the pain but I can't stand watching it go in. No IV druggie, I.

I was accurate about last night. Only two shots, but a total of six injections for the second 'shot' - the nurse said that if he gave it all in one location (like I suppose a horse needle would have) then I'd have some medical issue which I surmise would mean a giant water blister deep in my muscle tissue.

Definitely not for the squeamish or the Democrat types. I certainly don't feel tip-top this morning, and I believe the next series is this weekend. However, for all my stupidity of not thinking to handle the 'coon corpse with rubber gloves as well as the trash bag, since I didn't get an actual bite I didn't suffer an even worse fate: if you're bitten, the injections are supposed to go into the bite site.

That would have meant my hand...

Happily, Princess has extremely thick fur, and since the 'coon was relatively sane I'm hoping she won't have been infected either. Not a fun fate for her to be locked in my garage for 6 months, but definitely I don't have the heart to just snuff her for convenience.

EDIT - caught kegs' late
    You're so sweet. Surprisingly, I think that the NY State Dept of Health will cover the costs; the reason I had to spend over 5 hours in the ER last night is apparently because of the cost of the vaccine rather than it being inherently dangerous or abuse-prone.

13. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

You might want to make sure that JM is in the clear before poking him with a stick. The last thing I need is a rabid German.

14. jmervyn

One other detail - the reason we didn't take a pet INTO the UK is that they put animals into the same 6 month quarantine, to make sure they're not carrying the virus. However, we'll know if she will turn rabid far more quickly. When the NY State Dept. of Health guy was discussing Princess' fate, he told me that she would take only 2-3 weeks to "demonstrate".

Now I dread opening the door in the morning and seeing her carrying a "Cat lives matter" sign in a picket line or staging a sit-in.

15. krischan

I have it kind of the other way around. I cringe when I watchothers getting one. My father had it as well, might be the genes.

The vowels I would have bought in my first posting were o's BTW.

So a vaccination isn't on option? BTW, where I live, medicine for animals is much more expensive for some reason. Must be something involving greed.

German rabies is inflicted by quoting others.

16. kestegs

Needles are about the only thing I would claim to have a fear of. I don't like to see anyone getting needled, especially not myself.

17. krischan

I donated blood plasma when I was a student (must have been 1988-1990 or so), i.e. half a litre was taken, the plasma was extracted and replaced with salt water and I got it back with the blood cells. That involved a certain amount of not so small needles. It wasn't for the faint-hearted, but I could stand watching the nurse piercing the needle into my arm while I had to look away when it was done to my neighbour.

I got 35DM for 90 minutes of sitting around and 15DM on top of it once every 4 weeks. I did it with a friend and we usually had a cinema+beer session thereafter, making it a +/-0 issue :)

18. jmervyn

Essentially, the U.S. Armed Forces are vampires' slaves for much of their career. The enlisted are bullied into donation and the officers are shamed.

However, since I like many vets suffer from the mysterious "Gulf War Sickness" (which is in reality a polyglot of psychological, chemical, and physical malady) I definitely shouldn't donate blood. Even if they dismissed the very real malady as psychosomatic (it ain't) they can't really use the blood since all the donors are also essentially infected with malaria due to the vaccines used. Instead, they spin the blood down for use as plasma.

I try not to be "sour grapes" with the military and the VA, but when their refrain is "you're not sick; you're crazy" I tend to want to tell them to go stuff themselves with extreme prejudice.

My personal flavor of the malady is very likely due to three factors:
    1. Unauthorized & illegitimate use (hence the coverup) of "Pyrostigmine bromide" which has been around since shortly after WW1 - it's a nerve dampener which can cause damage if administered as prophylactic, which was exactly what happened. I took 21 of the pills, and my Battalion commander later lied his filthy political ass off and claimed he never gave the order.
    2. Sucking down the effluvient from the oil well fires set by the retreating Iraqi Army.
    3. Inhaling trace elements of the Iraqi WMD program, almost certainly comprised of chemical nerve agents like VX, but which was past expiration and in such small doses as not be life threatening. This was due both to blowing up Iraqi SCUD's at high altitude and destruction of ground stockpiles in artillery positions and the bunker stockpile at Kamisayah.
    Sadly, points #1 and #3 have become politicized beyond repair as people try to blame B00sh for Gulf War Illness. It definitely happened on his watch and he probably knew about or even caused the Chiefs of Staff "groupthink" claiming there were no WMD in theatre. There were, and almost certainly still are, which was obvious to anyone paying attention.

The only think I know fer sure is that it wasn't caused by Depleted Uranium or an RPG (an inside joke for the long-timers).

I'm therefore quite happy to not comply with anyone from the Gov't urging me to donate my precious O Pos bodily fluids. However, I'd definitely donate to myself in preparation for surgery or similar. Even if my blood is still somehow poisonous, it wouldn't hurt to pump it back into me.

19. Amra

Amra Diabloii.Net Member

I trust that you have sharpened the axe by now?

[​IMG]

20. LozHinge the Unhinged

The NHS has decided it doesn't want my B+ blood. "Oh, no reason".

I try to be positive about this rejection but it's difficult.