Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ive Figured it Out!!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by sdgeffre32, Apr 4, 2004.

1. sdgeffre32

sdgeffre32 IncGamers Member

Ive Figured it Out!!

Ok im gonna be a disposdin,pk, and i have this kid giving me sutff im gonna be like a lvl 30 pk.
    Im gonna use Wormskull tangreds Hwanis staff thing.
    My skills are might and charge.
    Hows that sound?

2. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

sounds bad, realy bad. well unless you dont care if your char gets killed.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Wanna duel my 27? ;) Seriously, it doesnt sound like the best idea.
    At 30, you get into pking baal runs, where that build will just not cut it, you need to be doing at least 200 pvp damage per hit (at LEAST) to be getting ears at level 30, thats 1.2k listed damage, which with no max jewels and hwanians bill, im not sure you will be doing, and thats a minimum, i made a cheap paladin pker for baal runs, and i did 6k listed, which is as much as 1k per pvp hit, which got some ears, but still not everything was a 1 hit kill, and some got away after i hit them.

The idea behind a disposadin is the most bang for the buck (so to speak) and that happens at LOW levels! Shop a pike from larzuk which does 100ish damage, and THEN it will work somewhat.
    To reiterate, disposadins work at low levels, not at 30, because as you get higher in level, so does your prey, and you are not twice as strong at 30 as a 15 disposadin is, but your prey is MUCH stronger at 30-50 than they are at 12-20. Go with a level 15 disposadin, it will work much better!

-Matt

4. sdgeffre32

so like lvl 15 i should raise might and charge right?

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

id go level 14, i think thats the "brutal" mod on pikes? Well, i know its the lvl req for some common prefix/suffix on pikes, so yes, level 14, 1 in charge, rest in might, str for your pike, rest in dex.

6. sdgeffre32

What about vit?

7. sdgeffre32

Sry to double post,ok im gonna go dual cathanb with some rares/other stuff and i got a 100 damage warpike and ill be lvl 15 sounds good?

8. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Wow, didn't know you could get warpikes at lvl 15!

I hope you're on West and you try to pk me!

9. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

noobing it.

10. sdgeffre32

:lol: sadly im on east and i realized the warpike is 13-63 damage will that work?And what about vit?

11. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, my bad, not dex, i meant to say rest in VITALITY, sorry :)

As for the pike: They are laughing because its a PIKE, not a WARpike, which is the elite pike type, definitly not useable at level 15.
    You will want one higher than 63 damage, that is base pike damage, meaning it has no ed or +max on it, crucial mods.

12. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

cmon guys give the guy a break...least he's trying and at least matt cares enough to offer his advice

as for the pike, just spend some time shopping larzuk and one with decent mods should pop up in no time

13. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

:scratch: Hmm... this thread reminds me that I just found an etheral knout today---perfect level 27 chargedin material... plus that 62%ED Akaran Targe. But I am busy doing another project ... hard to decide.

14. sdgeffre32

Seethis is were the problem comes in i dont have a char in act 5 that could get me this stuff

15. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

How can you kill another char if you cannot even kill normal Diablo?

16. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Well then, stick with your original plan and get the paladin to lvl 30. He should be in act 5 by then.

Then you have two choices - 1. stick with your original plan and use hwanins, wurmskull and use the 30 charger, or 2. make a new lvl 15 or so pala using the stuff your 30 pala can now buy.

Just get someone to enchant you, so you can lvl up fast.

EDIT: p.s. Thx Shadoway.

17. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

Dude... you must get a char to act 5.

Here is another tip. for LLD and pking. you need a normal diff cowrunner
    cows dont have the best odds to drop stuffs but when you mow down hundreds in 5 min you tend to get good stuffs now and then.

my reccomendation, a chain lightning sorc or a lightning fury javazon (main reason is so you slay the normal cows with a quickness but dont accidently kill the stupid cow king).

once you or someone cowing with you kills the cow king you cant make cow games anymore. so doing it in pubbies isnt usually a good idea.

main thing about cows is becuase of their level they can drop everything a level 18 or below char can use and not much else. this means all the cool uniqs set items and low grade gems/jewelry you need. there are a couple of other areas but I'll leave them for you to figure out.

just make a char and join games where people are doing the quest you need, youll have the act 5 char is a night or so. then you can really start making disposable heores.

UH6

18. sdgeffre32

lol the paladin i was working on died,to a flying scimitar :lol:
    So im making a sorc like you said.

19. Kirbybabo

Kirbybabo IncGamers Member

this kid is retarted... i hope he tries to pk me on east.

20. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Kirby, there is a very large difference between "********" and "new to the game but trying my best and politly asking for help" for you to come here and post something like that is not just unhelpful, it is mean.
    I would actually suggest that if you cannot see the difference between a new player and a ******** person, that you yourself are the "******" as you put it, post something helpful or dont post at all, because you sure are on your merry way to finding nobody really appriciates you on the forums if all you post is crap like that.

Actually, come to think of it, I dont have any characters past level 12, does that make me a ******? Am I or sdgeffre32 any less of a player than you because A. he is new to hardcore or B. I must suck because all my characters died? Thats what I thought.

Anyhow, Sdgeffre32, gimme a whisper on *trickytrout (east ladder, i think thats what you said you were on) and I can enchant you to help you level, and if you catch me before I get my new paladin on his way to leveling to 27, I will level up with you as well.

p.s. I know normal cows are best for wraths//larges of life, anyone know where the best spots for carnages//smalls of sustinence//sharps//fines is? I should really get me some more of those ;)

Oh, and also,Sdgeffre32, Im sure I can hook you up with some mediocre dueling gear... a 50%ish 4 socket paladin shield, clegs sword, bloodfists, some wrath jewels, you know, some basic items :) again, *trickytrout

-Matt