Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ive done it, this workes, finally did it.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by heilskov, Mar 5, 2004.

1. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

Ive done it, this workes, finally did it.

I´ve always been to worried about immunes to make a pure skill tree sorc, but to be truthfull its the only thing that works, you want the extra punch it gives. Anyways this isnt a "you should do this too" guild, its simply my stating that after a dozen sorc builds, all dual tree´d with orb always, I finally got the guts to make a build made for running a sentant mf run.

( trust me this is what you wanna be doing ^^ )

my blizz is now lvl 77, Im gonna lvl some more for more power.

I recently got a shako, that seemed to help alot.

gear I use so far is:

wizzard spike
    vipermage
    lidless
    shako
    frosty
    manald heal
    snowclash
    rare amu: 10%fcr,+10 mana +10 energy, +20 all res
    rare boots: mf and res
    nagle ring

on weapon switch

gull dagger ( till I get two ist for my ali )
    and a rhyme sheild

now this might not sound like its good gear, or great gear, but it works.
    My experiance is what speed (FCR) is really important, besically I use more time finding mehpi than I do killing him.

my skill points in placement so far:

ice bolt 6
    frozt nova 1
    ice blast 20
    glacial spike 20
    blizzard 20
    coldmastery 14

teleport 1
    telekinesis 1
    static 1

warmth 1

besically I might consider static a waste, telekinesis is like minde blast, that knockback effect it has can even be usefull at times ^^ who would have thought? tele is the reason ur a sorc :p

>>>> the point of this thread posting you ask ? <<<<

well its to make all those sceptical of the one tree sorc builds, drop those dual or tri elemental builds that never seem to get enough strengt to cut it in hell mode, and always leaves you wanting more, and making new builds or trying them.

besically I found that before I did this, I never really got any of the char I had planed on using for mf able to do anything, cuz I would drop them halfways through. Doing this all the time, I never got to mf and never really got the items needed to make a great(er) char. Besically Im urging you to try and do like I did, a pure tree build, If you like I, found(finde) yourself doing what I had been doing up untill now.

thanks for your time, hope you enjoyed the reading.

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Blizz sorc is imo the most efficient meph running sorc. Your Wiz + Lidless "getting to meph setup" is awesome, I wish my sorc had enough dex for it, so I had to use occy + lidless instead. The massive mana boost, resists, and most importantly faster cast makes the trip to him a whole lot easier =). I'm glad to hear more people are going with this setup.

3. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

Blizzard is the new way to mf. The BEST, by far. Owns meph faster than any orb ever could. I would just recommend using the highest +skill possible, without sacrficing decent mf (and vice versa). I used static before I lvled alot and discovered that me just blizzing him is better for bringin him down that running up and getting my sorc's pretty lil face knocked off while I try to static. I recommend this build to anyone who wants to mf meph quickly O_O.

Have fun.

~Anjel

4. heilskov

thx dudes...

yeah I dont even static anymore either... static is a waste on mehpi, its good for merc killing CI´s (so is telek.)

also Im now hooked... each time a pair of dracula´s fall (even a Twitchthroe), my face lightes up. I can do them in about 1 min (this is none mh, I´ve been giving mh alot of though, but the loseing a cd key + getting deleted isnt worth it)

also about my gear, I put on a rare ring I had, with 10% fcr 20% mf and some res, instead of nagel, then I put on a 40% amu.

gooo blizz sorcs ^^
    or meteors if u prefer them :p

5. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Err Mephys is Lightning immune in hell, thus static has no effect hehe. This could be why you find static and Meph means dead sorc. Blizz & Meteor are the best killers for Meph, with Orb close behind or equal depending on setup.

6. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

Cool thought and definitely a killer mainkiller. Do you just skip CI critters or expect your merc to tank them? Or is this just a mephy MF mutha?
    Enquiring minds want to know.

First round is on me! :drink: :buddies:

7. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Plain out untrue about static. Me, I use a FO/Meteor sorc, synergies in FO and have a decent merc, tele right on top of Meph and then static him down to half. Take a couple steps aside, Meph stays busy with the merc, a few orbs and Meph is dead.

8. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

BLizzard is the way to go if you want to do fast super high MF meph runs. And you can trap him in a triangle stairs trick.

9. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

where do u get this odd idea that meph is lightning immune?

no act boss is immune to any elemental damage.

10. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

I'll be running meph with a pure meteor sorc, as it does the most dmg => will kill meph the quickest...
    I think that meteor does kill meph quicker then blizzard (or just as fast, but it is definetly NOT slower!)

11. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Hehe no way, a good blizzard sorc has mephisto down before the first meteor drops. If you really want the calculations i'll give them. At any practical level blizzard beats the crap out of meteor.

I completely agree, solo'ing hell completely with a cold sorceress ain't hard.........

12. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

meteor only hits once wheras every shard from blizz gives the same dmg (duno how many shards it fires but its more than 1)

13. wind

wind IncGamers Member

With a casting delay of 1.8 seconds on Blizzard and a 2 second delay for the first meteor to drop. What level Blizzard is needed to basically drop Meph at the start of Blizzards' second casting?

Edit:

I'm more interested in skill level so ....

Just to add, can it be done with +8 skills because that is the most I've been able to add to a sorc, concidering I play numerous other characters.

My guess, I don't think it's possible at that level, I've run a blizz sorc with only +6 and her constant minimum casts would be 3 which runs close to 6 seconds.

14. endersdouble

endersdouble IncGamers Member

What's your blizz damage?

15. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

This is a lie. A while ago someone posted a movie of blizzard sorc on meph runs, with +49683746 skills and facets, and kill meph with 3 casts of blizzard. Meteor does not take THAT long to drop.

16. heilskov

ur guys are arugeing over which is best, well fact is both are great.

however a 3k dmg blizz with Cm giving -170 res does 6k dmg pr shard to mehpi. ( also from one blizz, 3-4 shard hit normally atleast )

a 13k meteor does 30% dmg cuz hell mehpi has 70% res, = 3600
    this is a one time deal, meaning lots of these 3600 gets the job done.

personally I perfer the blizz, cuz well, I hate the timer on meteor. You alway end up having to tank to get a hit or have ur merc do it.

besically I do andy´s too pretty fast, I buy antidote potions and have 85% poison res then I run around my blizz haveing andy follow me, which killes her pretty fast. ( I dont static andy either )

only regreat with the blizz is I cant do shenk ^^

andy,pindel,mehpi,baal (only 1 of his minons are CI ^^ wheile lots are fire),duriel.

are all pretty easy to do.

17. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Sorry I should not have said lightning immune for Mephy, very lightning resistant instead hehe. In 1.09 static was resisted by lightning resists, don't know if that still true. Most act bosses have 75% or more resists to elemental dmg, but this does vary as in the case of Duriel who is pretty much cold immune.., not sure if cold mast and lower resists are enough to break or not?? Unfortunatley, most of my experience with sorc's is 1.09 so I may be off a bit. However, the info on act bosses and resistances is still valid. Apologies for the bad info for 1.10 :(

18. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

Yes blizzard is truely the best... but static him! plz! just use a merc, and let him have the kill aswell... merc mf is easily 300-340.. that pays off!

19. we3dling

we3dling IncGamers Member

My diablo game must be bugged... I can hurt meph ALOT with static...

I have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about!

... oh u did correct it... I still think my diablo is bugged... Yesterday I got banned from act 3, because I had killed meph too many times in a row!

20. holabuster

holabuster IncGamers Member

HOLY DAAMN!!! Lvl 77 Blizzard!!!! How the hell did you manage it?