Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I've been scammed

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by whodisbe, Feb 5, 2004.

1. whodisbe

whodisbe IncGamers Member

I've been scammed

Hi, I'm using my brothers dii.net name because it wouldn't let me create one for some reason.

Anyway, my account name is darkartss, and I've been scammed.

My only annihlus was stolen by a guy with the account name of bloodyroar68. He tricked me into trading my anni + other items for his full trangs set and I gladly agreed.

This sucks because I honestly wanted to legitly trade, but I get scammed instead. I've never stolen from anyone, I'm a good trustworthy guy, I help friends mule and borrow items, and my one and only anni gets scammed.

Is there anything I can do about this? Or is my anni gone forever.

Any help would be appreciated

2. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

I'm sorry, it sucks to be scammed but there's really nothing you can do about it. It's gone, sorry to say. Only thing I can think of is if on the odd odd chance someone you know happens to be friends with this bloodyroar guy and can get it back for you.... short of that near impossibility, I don't really think you can do much.

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

sorry to hear of your loss, but how did it happen, Grabit? I hate people who use that.

4. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

if your on us east ladder, msg me i give u free anni.

5. -Janus-

-Janus- IncGamers Member

Getting scammed sucks, but not really anything can be done to get it back...the best thing is to use a middleman that you trust to make the transfers. I got scammed trading a lem for a gheed's awhile back, (the highest rune I have ever found outside of hellforge :xx: , and I learned that lesson the hard way.

6. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Never trade with people on b.net. You will almost certainly get scammed. If your trading annhil charms, use the forums here. Its a bit more safe and if you still don't feel you can trust, get a third person to be the broker in the trade.

7. SicneZZ

SicneZZ Banned

Sad but true, there is a LOT of people who tries to scam with anni, but using a common sence in most of the times will project you (im not claiming you for being stupid) ill add here some basic things which tells you its scam/dont do the trade

- The other person has got a lot better frw than you do
    - Trading in act1(you inside)..trading in act2(bar or any else place than the palace) trading in act3(very easy to trick with frw char) or in act5(same thing as in act3)

and a funniest anni wannabe scammer who tried to scam me is some necro who told me to drop my stuff to charsi and then follow him. I just bought some crappy magical item for charsi and dropped it then followed him outside, he makes tp and starts to yell.

8. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

I tried to (stupidly) trade my lem rune for a gheeds when I had about 20% faster run walk and this barb obviously had something to the effect of 100% faster run walk by doing the wall thing in Rogue. Personally I don't understand the patch designers decision to make the annihilus and gheed's untradable. They aren't even that hard to get really.