iTunes messing with me, help please!

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
iTunes messing with me, help please!

So, I updated my iTunes a while ago. Before I did so, it was all fine, but now iTunes seems to be stupid.

Whenever there is sound coming from another source than iTunes, such as a webpage, a game, anything, the music I'm playing gets laggy, speeds up and gets distorted. It is the same until the other sound source stops.

I've tried playing games with background music tuned down, and standing in a quiet area. As long as the game does no sound, iTunes plays the music good. When the game gives sounds, iTunes gets bad. WHY!? When I run back to silent areas, iTunes is back on track again....

It worked so well before that update, and it feels strange that an update would ruin something. Also, I visited a friend today that experiences the exactly same problem, so I guess it isn't just my computer that needs a format c: ...

Anyone else experienced this? If so, have you fixed this? How?
Seriously, I don't want to get back to winamp, iTunes is great, but this is just stupid! :undecided:

themachine

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're using iTunes on Windows as a player, don't. Use Winamp instead. Only use iTunes on Windows to transfer music to your ipod. iTunes for Windows is buggy as hell.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Well, the point is making playlists and all that is sooooo much easier when using iTunes, especially synced with iPod.
But what I can't seem to get is the fact that something became WORSE after an update. Also, since iTunes has grown big, even for windows users, I assume there must be a way to fix this incredibly annoying thing.

Hell, I can't even surf the web, every page has an annoying popup/ad/banner with a click sound. If not, windows sure provides you with a sound to let you know that it blocked another sound... gah.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
THIS is what I was talking about KOW. You insisted it was coincidence.
Anyway, if I pause/play iTunes or exit/start it up again it works fine.
I've really only encountered it with D2 though, I very rarely come across ads with sound, but that may be Adblock.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Oh, so then I'm not alone at least. Thanks!
But hey, does pause/play always work for you then? Because it doesn't for me. I usually end up having to restart iTunes completely.

Besides, the point is, if I'm just sitting and writing something in word, I'm not bothered, but I want to be able to have any background music I want when doing other things than just writing, even when playing games...

Merick, your problems also started after an update, right?

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
Dear iTunes,

Why must you try to re-organise my music folders? Why aren't you smart enough to know that songs with the same filename, same length, same size same everything are the same song? Why do is your stupid sync feature the only way to update my iPod without hassle when it isn't nearly big enough to contain all the music in my music folder? Why can't you be more like Winamp instead of the bloated, useless, horrible thing that you are?

I hate you.

Dear iTunes,

Why must you try to re-organise my music folders? Why aren't you smart enough to know that songs with the same filename, same length, same size same everything are the same song? Why do is your stupid sync feature the only way to update my iPod without hassle when it isn't nearly big enough to contain all the music in my music folder? Why can't you be more like Winamp instead of the bloated, useless, horrible thing that you are?

I hate you.

-Look in the preferences, you can turn off the reorganization.
-There is a find duplicate feature, it allows the user to decide if he wants to get rid of songs, I'm sure if it did get rid of duplicate songs automatically you'd ***** about that too.
-I don't understand what you mean by the sync feature, if your iPod doesn't hold all your music, just use the manual sync option.
-Because WinAmp doesn't sell songs from the iTMS.

Merick, first time I had heard of the problem. If it is a common problem it would have been fixed by now. Until then you can try downgrading.