Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ev_, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

It's the most wonderful time of the year

That's right. The first college football saturday has finished. First impressions everyone?

First of all, my Trojans. :)
    The showstoppers are gone. But comparing this to last year's first game, USC looks like a better TEAM. Booty trumped Matt Leinart's first game statistics. The backfield has four guys who all put on some nice moves. There are four big targets for Booty to pass to, a wall of an offensive line, a defense that looks MUCH improved, and a kicker who cleared the endzone on 8 of 9 kickoffs. I like what I see so far. Fight on!

I had two upsets on my list: Notre Dame and Cal. GT is my upset team, and they nearly did it. Ah well, it just means Notre Dame will be higher ranked when USC beats them later this year. :) Cal can't ride two running backs to victory. They're just not good enough everywhere else to do that. Plus Tennessee is way too hungry after last season.

The rest of the top 25 won, mostly against boring opponents (though Oklahoma had a game on their hands).

Play of the day goes to that Louisiana-LA one-handed TD catch. That was insane.

Oh yah, and way to go Colorado.

2. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Coach Hawkins won? Good for him

3. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

Real men play rugby.

4. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

Well I learned something today. Standing in the 95 degree heat for 3 hours straight isn't good for a redhead. Actually I already knew that, I just forgot sunscreen. Big, big, big mistake. I am now pink. The game was fun, though nothing unexpected. We won 56-7, and Colt Mccoy looked good for his first start. Our defense held UNT to only 95 yards, so that was good. Gonna be a completely different ballgame against Ohio State, of course, but I'm confident we'll give them a hell of a game. With a defense like ours, we'll at least be in the game until the end. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get a ticket to the game. At least this time around it'll be at night...

5. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

He was a carrot top, now he's a lobster

6. TheBuck

TheBuck IncGamers Member

I'm happy with my Ducks. They handled Stanford pretty well considering that they had a young secondary...and that Stanford has an All Conference Quarterback/Wide-receiver combo going on. I was shocked that Notre Dame was only ahead 14-10 when I flicked that game on (I didn't see the final score..) and Oklahoma made me laugh.

7. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

I walked in a man and walked out a salmon.

8. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

How many times do you think you'll hear "He's the real McCoy" this year?

9. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Notre Dame may very well be the only really good team USC plays this year. Could be another cakewalk season for them until they hit real competition in a bowl game. Yep, still feel the same as the last couple seasons and the PAC-10 looks even weaker this season.

10. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I wish the Texas/Ohio State game was later in the season. It would be a lot more interesting then.

Oh god here we go again...

11. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Eh, the USC Nebraska game might be interesting, but other than that, ND is the only one to worry about.

Good ol' Pansy *** Conference.

12. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

I called it right last season and the Pac-10 didn't have the best of showing this last weekend and I see the same thing happening again this season. As least I can look at the conference that I like the best with some realism rather than rose-colored glasses. :wink:

All you have to do is look at ND's schedule the next two weeks. Michigan and Penn State..throw in Michigan State after that. They play tougher competition in three weeks than USC will see all season.