Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

It's Sunday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tragor, Feb 1, 2004.

1. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

It's Sunday

Well, I don't see a Sunday thread up yet so I'm gonna do it myself. I thought this was the Aussies job. Didn't Sunday start hours ago for them? I'm sure Durf has something to do with it.

Anywho, my HC barb just finished off BigD (/players 8) and the red lizard came up with the goods. Two new uniques (well, new to me anyway): Venom Ward and The Impaler. He also dropped 4 rares, all sold immediately.

This makes 11 uniq's and 7 set items for this guy. Makes all my other char's look like paupers. Far and away the best drops I've ever had. If I could just get one decent rune everything would be perfect.

Well, it's 1:30 am here so I'm off to the EMB for a nightcap then I'm hitting the sheets.

Cheers all

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I will just MF today. Going to kill Baal again and again and again...

Until I will become mad

:D

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Yes, you heard correctly; I am indeed to blame for the International Date Line.

My news: I played a little bit last night with my tourney sorc. Sparky_V is now level 60 and is happily killing things in act 4 Hell. There are a lot of lightning immunes out there, but the merc is doing well with his King's Grace tusk sword . . . especially since I got him that Hwanin's armor with +100 to live. Yum!

Even better than that armor, though, was the Duriel's Shell that a random unique monster dropped me while I was on the way to talk with Izual. Awesome find. The barb merc has it now, buit it was hard to pass up the chance to switch out my Stealth ghost armor for it . . . great resists and nice life and CBF to boot. Izual was a piece of cake.

Next stop: HeyFatso and the delicious runes that will (hopefully) drop from his forge.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

damn you durf!
    anyway, i didnt actually play any last night but my fishy has just got to the WSK after killing hell ancients yesturday, so i'll quickly go through the ancients way WP and into WSK. hoping for no OK's, everything else i can cope with in not to big numbers.

5. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove IncGamers Member

i have an announcement to make. i took up my spare time and manage to build up a thrower "JohnMalkovich" to lvl 70 and he's about to enter the ever-lovin' hell vault. it will become or rather he is! a "complete" mf-er. with this i mean access to all areas (wskeep and throne in particular), where i was not allowed with my previous "converted 1.09" char. i do give you guys credit for how much effort it takes to build or level up multiple chars nowadays. it is my first char in more than a year, and i'm exiteted as a kid. anyway my merc is reacher with a crescent moon eth cryptic axe (credit to mattamore for this one). well, i manage to burn it up with a whooping 181% ed out of 180 to 220 possible, heh, maybe in the next 20 yrs i'll burn up a better one :D . the only thing i need though is an um rune to socket it in a shako and then i'm done. anyway i'll post my trade list shortly. tonight i'll start a brand new mf season. high-end items and high-end runes here i come, i warn you.

note: beverages are on me at the bar tonight :drink:
    ..and i'll try to post more often though

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

6. Murg

Murg IncGamers Member

Well, Sunday and the journey of Rastan are certainly off for a capalicious start! From a random unique in the Dark Woord he confiscated... Biggin's Bonnet! Is that uber or what? :D
    And then, a few minutes ago he was clearing the Countess' Tower, when... *gasp* the Infernal Cranium drops! :xgift:

Have a good day everyone.

7. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Well, I decided to get back into playing (not played much the past few weeks) by leveling my Skellimancer and his Merc in the Arcane Sanctuary.. doing some light MF while I was at it... I was pleased when a Maelstrom Yew Wand (my first Unique specific to a class) droped to the first Blood Clan my Merc killed.... and then less pleased when it was Etheral :( At least I suppose my Necro doesnt need to hit things much.

On with the sanctuary running!

Xaviar

8. PowerDispatcher

PowerDispatcher IncGamers Member

Well, yesterday saw my fishymancer CodBreath get past the Countess in NM...she was a bit of a disappointment, only coughing up a Ral rune, but on the way to see the blood-bathing beauty, a Shael and a Dol dropped, so not a completely horrible run. I have found exactly 1 unique and 1 set item total with CodBreath...the Demonhide Gloves...and the ever so popular and oh so useful Breast Plate..bah. Hope that improves one of these days... :p

John

9. Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer IncGamers Member

Well Sunday once again finds me at work so no gaming today. Had a slow commute in today since a couple of inches of fresh powder fell last night, supposed to get a couple more today and up to 8 inches tomorrow if the weather folks can be believed. Got a Superbowl party to go to after work so that should be fun.
    Go Pats!

Enjoy your day everyone!

10. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Well, I've got work today, but not for a few more hours and I may get in some playing before then... and after work of course. :xgrin:

I'm a bit upset :xrollseye that Sorsha found the Great Sword last night, being that it's the only normal unique I've never found. But, happily, I did find a Winged Helm last night, so it wasn't a total loss.

BTW... if any of you are familiar with somethingawful.com, they did a "weekend web" report on battle.net last week. The link is still on their front page, although it somehow switches to a different article halfway through... but it's funny... and sad.

~Jay

11. UltimaFury

UltimaFury IncGamers Member

i started my new hcl skelemancer called Sitanel and for me its actually monday now but i thinks its a bit to early to post a monday tread

12. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

I just started a new character for my septavirate; a necromancer. I guess he'll be some skeleton/poison hybrid, time will tell.
    I just entered the cathedral, and his gear is really crappy. I haven't seen anything but some rares during the whole act 1, and he's already level 17 :grrr:
    Well, something good must drop soon, or Andariel will be a real problem.

13. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

well that depends on what build you are using

my last (untwinked) skellymancer used some really crappy items from act1 normal to act1 NM without any problem
    the only reason why i then changed it was to replace it with MF gear.

14. dakon_617

dakon_617 IncGamers Member

I actually played last night for the first time in a while. I decided to take Jayde (my Vegasorc) out to visit her old friends: Hell Meph & The Masuo. In doing this I got a new lvl, so she stands proudly at lvl 91 now. :cool: The highest ever for any of my character regardless of the version.

These were my finds last night:

Angelic Halo - Rings x2
    Sigon's Shelter - Gothic Plate
    Natalya's Soul - Mesh Boots

The Eye of Etlich - Amulet
    Kira's Guardian - Tiara
    Demon Limb - Tyrant Club
    Arachnid Mesh - Spiderweb Sash
    Butcher's Pupil - Cleaver
    Bartuc's Cut-Throat - Greater Talons x2

I also found a Amn Rune and Dol Rune...

Oh and my best drop of the night courtsey of Meph himself...

Herald of Zakarum - Guilded Shield :D

My future Avenger will be happy....

15. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Yesterday I got myself into a trap. I spoke to much about a girl and, well, supposedly I'll have a queen pretty soon. :xlady:

Anyway, played little D2 yesterday. Got my Grizzy paladin to Act3 normal and my M'avina zon to Act3 Hell. It'll be jungle fever for me pretty soon too in this situation. :xmad: Nothing great happened to both of them. And of course I had to clear the entire Arcane Sanctuary in Act2 to get to the to WP with my M'avina zon. It's not hard at all, but those darn PI Spectres are a pain sometimes...

16. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Another day without D2 for me. Spent a bit of time playing a game with an actual storyline which is a nice change to the endless repetition that is playing D2. Maybe it's about time to move on for me. :) Either that or I just need a break. :D

17. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

D2 does have a storyline! It's those bits that you click to stop the NPCs from talking to you about :)

I've been splitting my time up between several games of late, mostly D2 and Soul Reaver 2. Now there's a game with a storyline... lots and lots of storyline...

Have a good day everyone!

18. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Riiight, D2 *does* have a storyline. But it's not exactly the biggest part of the game, can we agree on that? ;) If I was trying to express it in percentages I don't think the storyline makes up more than 5% of the game. Heck, even 5% might be a bit optimistic... :lol:

19. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

OoooooooooOoOOOOOOoOoOOoo... I'm posting!

Yeah. Did some baal runs a while back. Most noted finds are an Aldur's Armor and a Nature's Peace. Nothing else of great mention.

I've been playing a lot of Helbreath and Vagabonds Quest 2 lately. So I haven't had a ton of time for D2. I'll try to squeeze in some playing today, but, superbowl and all... so... maybe not.

Have fun everybody!

20. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

Well, it's hard going from twinking from the start to totally untwinked. Just like starting over. Well, it's still kind of entertaining, and I better get used to it :)